The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 20, 2012, 10:17:00 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 20, 2012, 02:05:40 AM
Quote from: Minder on March 19, 2012, 10:54:21 PM
Norf the Liverpool game isn't on the Sunday as it would clash with the Hillsborough anniversary.

Is that the reason? I assume Liverpool have played before on the anniversary of Hillsborough, Heysel etc?

Never on Hillsborough.

Why can't Liverpool play on Friday night if they want to avoid clashing with the Hillsborough date? Not wanting to sound callous, but effectively the FA are handicapping Chelsea to suit Liverpool. Don't understand the sentiment of not playing on that date.

Are Bradford, and Man U allowed to cancel their fixtures that fall on their disasters?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Worker

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 20, 2012, 09:44:17 PM
Norf the Liverpool game isn't on the Sunday as it would clash with the Hillsborough anniversary.

Is that the reason? I assume Liverpool have played before on the anniversary of Hillsborough, Heysel etc?

Never on Hillsborough.

Why can't Liverpool play on Friday night if they want to avoid clashing with the Hillsborough date? Not wanting to sound callous, but effectively the FA are handicapping Chelsea to suit Liverpool. Don't understand the sentiment of not playing on that date.

Are Bradford, and Man U allowed to cancel their fixtures that fall on their disasters?

3 days rest before a game isnt too much of a handicap in most people's book

ONeill

WTF - a Chelsea player sacked for setting off a smoke grenade? Cole was a lucky lad then. Didn't he shoot a trainee?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Worker on March 20, 2012, 09:49:14 PM

Never on Hillsborough.

My point is that 4 would be better, and I am not sure why the FA aren't supporting their representatives in Europe. Milan have already moved their game back to the Fri or Sat (Can't remember which).

If Liverpool feel they can't play on that date, they could play on the Friday night.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on March 20, 2012, 10:01:17 PM
WTF - a Chelsea player sacked for setting off a hand grenade? Cole was a lucky lad then. Didn't he shoot a trainee?

He wasn't sacked. Mellis wanted out in the summer anyhow, and in light of what happened, both parties agreed to end the contract mutually. Makes a good story though if he was sacked.

Mellis, and Clifford (His partner in crime), tweeted that earlier.

ONeill

Ah come on - they got rid of him. They investigated the incident and told him to feck off. "Parted company" means 'fcuked out the door".
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EC Unique

I shall lend my support to Chewsea in El Plastico tonight.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 20, 2012, 10:08:45 PM
Quote from: The Worker on March 20, 2012, 09:49:14 PM

Never on Hillsborough.

My point is that 4 would be better, and I am not sure why the FA aren't supporting their representatives in Europe. Milan have already moved their game back to the Fri or Sat (Can't remember which).

If Liverpool feel they can't play on that date, they could play on the Friday night.

That does sound a bit callous. I'm not sure if Liverpool have rejected a Friday night fixture, but I know they have a long standing agreement with the FA and PL about fixtures around the anniversary. I think it's not too much to ask, and show a bit of respect. No idea if Bradford or Utd have the same, but I'd not make strange if they did.

It's not a deliberate attempt to screw Chelsea.

Captain Obvious

No Kompany or Terry should we expect a high scoring game tonight?

magpie seanie

Watch very little soccer these days with the exception of United but looking at the game tonight. Am amazed how bad Meireles is - his passing is atrocious. Is he just one of these guys who pops up and scores a goal to justify his existence every now and then?

EC Unique

Captain Obvious