The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

tyroneboi

Good workby JT's PR people tonight - the country hates u send ur condolences to the Belgian kids! Mr Chelsea - man of the people!

Ps good win for Chelsea tonight. Real v Chelsea would be some draw!

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gallsman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 14, 2012, 10:16:49 PM
Why was so much hype attached to Napoli?

Because they're absolutely excellent going forward with some of the most sought after players on the planet and absolutely demolished Chelsea in the first leg?

AQMP

Quote from: tyroneboi on March 14, 2012, 11:14:30 PM
Good workby JT's PR people tonight - the country hates u send ur condolences to the Belgian kids! Mr Chelsea - man of the people!
Ps good win for Chelsea tonight. Real v Chelsea would be some draw!

I am reminded of Wilde's definition of a cynic - Someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing!

AQMP

Now to be a bit more dispassionate...Obviously a great win for Chelsea.  However for the first 25 mins it looked like 4-1 to Napoli was on the cards.  The first goal (brilliant header by Drogba) and the injury to Maggio were the turning points.  From then on it was grind, determination and bottle that got them through.  Strange to say it but over the two games Napoli were probably the better footballing side and in Lavezzi had the best player on either team.  After Terry's goal, Chelsea hardly touched the ball until Inler scored.  Fair dues to Lampard for taking the pen and Ivanovic showed Torres what a striker should be doing.

Despite this unless they draw Apoel or maybe Benfica this will probably be Chelsea's last hurrah in the CL.  Let's face it, Barca would take that defence apart in the Nou Camp.  In the midst of the win there were still worrying signs.  Mata was poor.  Usually his first touch is execellent but he was all over the place last night.  I couldn't believe taking Sturridge off and leaving him on.  Sadly Essien looks finished and was caught dithering on the ball about 6 times.  Torres missed another sitter when the ball bounced over the keeper's head.  I actually thought Lampard was average and tried too many Gerrard-like "Hollywood" passes.  Cole's first instinct now seems to be to foul rather than get forward.

Against that I thought Luiz and Ivanovic had great games and Terry was good after the first 25 mins.  Ramires worked like a Trojan and Drogba was...Drogba, a bit of everything.  I thought Sturridge was doing well and can't work out how Di Matteo thought that Torres was more likely to score ???  Also was there anything in the fact that he brought on Bosingwa for Terry when Cahill was on the bench?

Bingo

John Terrys goal last night was the first from a player-manager  at stamford bridge since Kenny Dalglish scored the winner in 1986.

AQMP

Quote from: Bingo on March 15, 2012, 10:01:54 AM
John Terrys goal last night was the first from a player-manager  at stamford bridge since Kenny Dalglish scored the winner in 1986.

Rumours are, with three wins in three different competitions, he's nailed on to replace the struggling Dalglish at mid table Liverpool ;)

Bingo

Quote from: AQMP on March 15, 2012, 10:09:22 AM
Quote from: Bingo on March 15, 2012, 10:01:54 AM

Rumours are, with three wins in three different competitions, he's nailed on to replace the struggling Dalglish at mid table Liverpool ;)

He could be available as well, rumours coming out this morning that he has been sacked for losing the soap in the bath after the game.

Norf Tyrone

Strange decision to have Chelsea's FA Cup semi final on the Sunday as opposed to the Saturday. If, and it's an if, Chelsea beat Benfica their game v Barce/ AC will be played the following Wednesday. Surely the FA would be looking to give their representatives as good a chance as possible.

Don't understand why the Liverpool semi couldn't of been on the Sunday, with Chelsea v Spurs/ Bolton on the Sat evening.

On another point, I remember the press, and a fair few on here slagging Mourinho for his complaints re medical and ambulance facilities at Reading a few years ago. Isn't it lucky that José's 'lies' helped ensure Muamba has a fighting chance?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/9151980/Farbrice-Muamba-best-precautions-cannot-be-fail-safe.html

Minder

Norf the Liverpool game isn't on the Sunday as it would clash with the Hillsborough anniversary.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Minder on March 19, 2012, 10:54:21 PM
Norf the Liverpool game isn't on the Sunday as it would clash with the Hillsborough anniversary.

Is that the reason? I assume Liverpool have played before on the anniversary of Hillsborough, Heysel etc?

ziggy90

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 19, 2012, 10:43:13 PM
Strange decision to have Chelsea's FA Cup semi final on the Sunday as opposed to the Saturday. If, and it's an if, Chelsea beat Benfica their game v Barce/ AC will be played the following Wednesday. Surely the FA would be looking to give their representatives as good a chance as possible.

Don't understand why the Liverpool semi couldn't of been on the Sunday, with Chelsea v Spurs/ Bolton on the Sat evening.

On another point, I remember the press, and a fair few on here slagging Mourinho for his complaints re medical and ambulance facilities at Reading a few years ago. Isn't it lucky that José's 'lies' helped ensure Muamba has a fighting chance?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/9151980/Farbrice-Muamba-best-precautions-cannot-be-fail-safe.html

Don't both these teams normally play their league games on a Sunday?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

AZOffaly

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 20, 2012, 02:05:40 AM
Quote from: Minder on March 19, 2012, 10:54:21 PM

Is that the reason? I assume Liverpool have played before on the anniversary of Hillsborough, Heysel etc?

Never on Hillsborough.