The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AQMP on February 26, 2012, 08:48:16 PM
Chelsea win 3-0 and play well :o  That's worth a post!  And the Saffs beat Wexford in the hurling!

Did you notice that MOTD still managed to slag off Torres even though he only played 14 minutes, and completely ignored Luiz' MOTM showing. A wee agenda there by MOTD me thinks.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Chelsea's youth side were aiming to reach the last 4 of the FAYC for the 4th time in 5 years. Away to Forest and 3 down at HT, and ended up winning 4-3!!

It also helps when you sign one of Forest's best youth players http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/16796856 anyway if United beat Charlton it will set up another Chelsea v Man Utd semi final.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Gazzler

AVB sacked.
Abramovich should just install himself as manager,sure he picks the team anyway.

Tony Baloney

Someone on Twitter says the next manager will be offered a 12 hour rolling contract   ;D

If Abramovich is serious about making a go of Chelsea he needs to let the next manager break up the current squad and start again. If he doesnt they'll continue their downward spiral, he'll ditch them and they'll go the way of Rangers. Then who will Loyalists support?

EC Unique

Predictable that AVB would not make it. A 34 year old could not have enough experience to manage a top club.

ballinaman

To save time and money, Chelsea have sacked their next manager too.

From the Bunker

Quote from: EC Unique on March 04, 2012, 02:46:08 PM
Predictable that AVB would not make it. A 34 year old could not have enough experience to manage a top club.

Kenny Dalgish was 34 when he took over Liverpool.

From the Bunker

AQMP

Any chance AVB could take half the players with him. >:(

TBH I feared for AVB the moment Chelsea were 3-0 up at home to Utd with 30 mins left and still couldn't win.

Di Matteo was a great player for Chelsea but his record with WBA was worse than AVB!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 21, 2012, 09:38:43 PM
Villas Boas unlikely to be around for the return leg and English football has gone tits up in the champions league this season.
Shows how much i know.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

So who is going to be the next manager?  Would he see Moyes as an option or would his profile not be glamourous enough?  Mourinho would turn Chelsea around without a doubt.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AQMP

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 05, 2012, 10:43:46 AM
So who is going to be the next manager?  Would he see Moyes as an option or would his profile not be glamourous enough?  Mourinho would turn Chelsea around without a doubt.

Paper talk about Mourinho or Guardiola.  I think it's likely Abramovich had sounded out a successor before Saturday but for the life of me I can't see Pep Guardiola working for someone with the "short termism" of Abramovich.  The Special One is more likely but he'd be taking a big risk going back.  I'd like to see Hiddink get the job but that's unlikely.

But there's a bullet to be bitten with some of the players and Abramovich has to realise that.  In my opinion there's at least a two season re-building process to be gone through at Chelsea before they are challenging City and Utd for titles again.

ziggy90

I was at the WBA match on saturday and to be honest Chelsea seemed to be second best for most of the game. I was hoping they would wait until after the Birmingham to sack AVB (selfish reasons). A lot of those Chelsea players would need to take a serious look at themselves, for whatever reasons they don't seem to be performing at a level you would expect for top PL players. Essien is not the player he was, Sturridge is starting to believe the hype & Cole seems to have lost his pace. They are not on their own, Drogba, Lampard, Ramires & Ivanovic all seemed to be struggling. In saying that I hope they don't suddenly find their form & give us a tanking. On another note Steven Reid was having a cracking game until he got injured (hope it's not serious as a fit Reid would be a great addition to the ROI squad).
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered