The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Norf, who is in the dock for racism tonight? That eejit at Anfield? Or are you suggesting the media are claiming the booing of Evra was racist? I haven't seen that anywhere?

Or is there something else going on?

AQMP

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 28, 2012, 06:11:00 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 28, 2012, 12:04:27 PM
So the FA do away with the pre game handshake!! Is this to save John embarrassment ?

You'd need to ask the FA. It's not Chelsea in the media dock for racism amongst their fans tonight. So I'd be more worried about fans closer to home.

Wonder will the FA charge QPR for failing to control their fans today too? Doubtful. In the main, the game was fairly trouble free.

Quote from: AQMP on January 28, 2012, 04:07:23 PM
1-0 with a dodgy penalty.  To use the modern parlance Sturridge "went down a bit easily". :-\

Penalty was soft. Very like a penalty QPR got a few months back when Helguson got 'pushed'. Can't remember who against? I think Sturridge should've had a penalty seconds earlier to that one today though.

As for the game itself. Chelsea were poor, but QPR are shocking. Poor, poor, poor.

Yeah, I tipped them to go well this season Norf.  Who'd be a pundit eh?  I see the barcodes were dumped tonight.  A "smaller" club could go well this year.  I feel it in my water, Chelsea v Liverpool in the next round!

AQMP

Chelsea sign Genk midfielder Kevin De Bruyne.  Will stay at Genk for the rest of the season on loan.  Don't know anything about him!

ziggy90

Quote from: AQMP on January 28, 2012, 08:12:47 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 28, 2012, 06:11:00 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 28, 2012, 12:04:27 PM
So the FA do away with the pre game handshake!! Is this to save John embarrassment ?

You'd need to ask the FA. It's not Chelsea in the media dock for racism amongst their fans tonight. So I'd be more worried about fans closer to home.

Wonder will the FA charge QPR for failing to control their fans today too? Doubtful. In the main, the game was fairly trouble free.

Quote from: AQMP on January 28, 2012, 04:07:23 PM
1-0 with a dodgy penalty.  To use the modern parlance Sturridge "went down a bit easily". :-\

Penalty was soft. Very like a penalty QPR got a few months back when Helguson got 'pushed'. Can't remember who against? I think Sturridge should've had a penalty seconds earlier to that one today though.

As for the game itself. Chelsea were poor, but QPR are shocking. Poor, poor, poor.

Yeah, I tipped them to go well this season Norf.  Who'd be a pundit eh?  I see the barcodes were dumped tonight.  A "smaller" club could go well this year.  I feel it in my water, Chelsea v Liverpool in the next round!

Your worst nightmare, the mighty Blues of Birmingham. ;D
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

EC Unique

Beat at Swansea and Cole sent off for 2 yellows. Not a good night for AVB!

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

EC Unique

AQMP

Quote from: EC Unique on January 31, 2012, 09:39:45 PM
Beat at Swansea and Cole sent off for 2 yellows. Not a good night for AVB!

It ain't over till Swansea score an own goal!

AQMP

John Terry will stand trial after Euro 2012

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16825874

John Terry pleaded not guilty to a "racially aggravated public order" offence and will go to trial on 9th July.

new devil

John Terry won't face trial for Racial Abuse until after Euro2012, so he's free to lead his country into Poland. Just like his hero did

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: EC Unique on January 31, 2012, 09:41:10 PM
Oops. Late equaliser! Still not a good night though.

Unbeaten in 2012. A point at one of the hardest grounds in the league this year. All done without Rambo, Lampard, JT, Drogba, Kalou, and Mikel. Great night.

I am joking actually. I didn't see the game, but I believe Chelsea were sh**e. Really papering over the cracks at the minute.

I'd love to get two of our youngsters from the reserves that can play wide and beat a man to see if even that'll open the game up. At the minute, we've Studge, and Mata who aren't natural wingers. The width then needs to come from Cole (Who is ruinning on empty) and Bosingwa (Who is just not very good). Therefore everything is central, and predictable. That's most of Torres' problem too!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AQMP

Would agree with all that Norf.  Sturridge is going to be a great striker in a couple of years but is not a winger.  Mata looks the sort of players who would be great "in the hole" but is not a winger.  I think Chelsea are unlikely to catch Spurs for 3rd so are looking to top the group going for fourth and that will be tough.  Not a snowball's chance in the CL, I suppose the FA Cup is possible.

They are still taking too long to get the ball forward, one (of the many) reasons Torres is struggling.

Norf Tyrone

Funny old game.

Even at 3-0, I thought with the team Chelsea had out it still would be hard to hang on. I appear to be alone on this, but no real complains re the penalties as such. The first one ( I think it was the first) was outside the box, and should've been a free to Chelsea at the other end when Torres was fouled. That allowed United to break.

Bosingwa jersey pull should've been a pen, Evra's as well, but Wellbeck's nope.

The real issue with the ref was that he appeared to allow a lot of United fouls to go unpunished, and was quick to produce the yellows for Chelsea. Torres' booking was never a booking. By the letter of the law it was a free to Chelsea!

As for Chelsea's performance. It was ok. I thought Cahill and Luiz did well, bar Luiz losing Hernandez for the equaliser. Malouda's a waste. He was actually the source of the problem for the 3rd goal, while Meireles is very yellow. Did he pull out of challanges for Liverpool as often as he does at Chelsea?

Torres. Fernando, Fernando, Fernando. Just f**king shoot!!!

Did anyone see the SKY interviews after the game. Fergie had 5 minutes to mouth about the lack of decisions that United get. AVB's interview was looking good, were he turned Ferguson's point on its head, but then Sky cut him off after 90 seconds in the middle of his answer to the second question. If they did with politicians they's be fined.

Thank f**k I cancelled SKY on Friday. No more money off me.

Need to get a few men back and start turning this unbeaten run into wins.

Minder

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 05, 2012, 07:19:35 PM
Funny old game.

Even at 3-0, I thought with the team Chelsea had out it still would be hard to hang on. I appear to be alone on this, but no real complains re the penalties as such. The first one ( I think it was the first) was outside the box, and should've been a free to Chelsea at the other end when Torres was fouled. That allowed United to break.

Bosingwa jersey pull should've been a pen, Evra's as well, but Wellbeck's nope.

The real issue with the ref was that he appeared to allow a lot of United fouls to go unpunished, and was quick to produce the yellows for Chelsea. Torres' booking was never a booking. By the letter of the law it was a free to Chelsea!

As for Chelsea's performance. It was ok. I thought Cahill and Luiz did well, bar Luiz losing Hernandez for the equaliser. Malouda's a waste. He was actually the source of the problem for the 3rd goal, while Meireles is very yellow. Did he pull out of challanges for Liverpool as often as he does at Chelsea?

Torres. Fernando, Fernando, Fernando. Just f**king shoot!!!

Did anyone see the SKY interviews after the game. Fergie had 5 minutes to mouth about the lack of decisions that United get. AVB's interview was looking good, were he turned Ferguson's point on its head, but then Sky cut him off after 90 seconds in the middle of his answer to the second question. If they did with politicians they's be fined.

Thank f**k I cancelled SKY on Friday. No more money off me.

Need to get a few men back and start turning this unbeaten run into wins.

Yes he did, tries to avoid contact if at all possible, and its not as if its rugby he is playing ffs.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Norf Tyrone

Dear Mr Boas

Please stamp your authority on your starting X1 tomorrow. In reality that means that Jose Bosingwa doesn't start, Ryan Bertrand gets a chance, and Meireles is on the bench.

This please>>

Cech

Cole
Cahill
Luiz
Ivanovic

Bertrand

Romeau
Ramires if fit

Torres (Only because there are no other right wingers)

Mata
Sturridge.