The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Any talk on Chelsea forums of Torres having a transfer request rejected tonight?

Maybe PSG or Malaga have turned his head, it happens this time of year with him.

Jonah

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 02, 2012, 05:29:10 PM
The old pensioners Cole and Lamps combine in the 89th minute!!

Funny that!
Neither should have been on the pitch at that point both deserved red cards in the game.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Bingo on January 02, 2012, 09:44:15 PM
Any talk on Chelsea forums of Torres having a transfer request rejected tonight?

Maybe PSG or Malaga have turned his head, it happens this time of year with him.

Not a mention anywhere!

Quote from: Jonah on January 02, 2012, 10:53:57 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 02, 2012, 05:29:10 PM
The old pensioners Cole and Lamps combine in the 89th minute!!

Funny that!
Neither should have been on the pitch at that point both deserved red cards in the game.

I can see how Frank could've been sent off, especially with modern reffing. However I honestly think he tried to pull out of the foul and that elevated his foot to where it ended up.
I think nearly every tackle that is made is with studs showing anyway.
Cole- Nah definately not.

Strange that MOTD failed to show Torres bursting through and being too strong for the Wolves defender and giving Mata a virtual open goal. Only for the ref to give a foul against Torres. Never a foul.
They seemed to ignore that Doyle through the ball at Cole too, which is also technical a red card.

Sometimes MOTD edit the highlights to suit a certain aspect of the game, and leave out other key talking points.

Thought Jonathan Pearce mentioning Lampard's mother in the post match interview was a bit poor. Meant well, but came across badly.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

paco

Why did he mention Lampard's mother? Is she not dead 3 or 4 years now?

Hashtag

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 02, 2012, 08:41:00 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 02, 2012, 08:34:29 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 02, 2012, 08:24:01 PM
Probably one of Torres' better games today. His run led to the corner for the opener, and his sublime pass made the second goal. The quality of ball into him was poor, and he had to scrap for everything he got. Definately better.

Phil Thompson was slating him on Sky saying he was woeful but I thought he was one of Chelsea's better players and really wonder how those pundits get work...

Funny when Fulham drew with Chelsea on boxing day the 18yo lad, Frei was excellent. Looked at the paper the next day and they gave him 4 out of 10!

Watched the full game live. I thought Torres was quite good but he never really threated the goal himself. His link up play was good though. Has to get himself in the box more. Chelsea's style doesn't really suit him.They don't play the ball for him to run onto. Bar Mata I don't think any of the Chelsea players have great passing ability.

Minder

I think Torres is getting treated like Carroll is by some Liverpool fans, they want/see him playing better than he is.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Can't believe that once again Ashley Cole is selected over Ryan Bertrand! Cole needs to be rested at some point!

The Worker

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 08, 2012, 03:13:07 PM
Can't believe that once again Ashley Cole is selected over Ryan Bertrand! Cole needs to be rested dropped at some point!

Norf Tyrone

Welcome back Mr Essien! 75 minutes for the reserves today, which will probably allow young MacEacheran to complete his loan move to Swansea!

Norf Tyrone

Gary Cahill almost certain to sign tomorrow.

£7 million is a decent prize for a good English centre back in today's market. Hopefully that'll see Luiz moved to right back or midfield.

Norf Tyrone

Gary Cahill has agreed terms and will have an early medical at Stamford Bridge tomorrow. Took a while, and I honestly believed this was being dragged out to ensure Cahill faced United tomorrow!

AQMP

Cahill (anything to Joe??) to Chelsea, Alex to QPR.  Sad to see Alex go, I always rated him.  Not sure sure about Cahill either but he must be a better centre half than Luiz!  Good solid win today.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: AQMP on January 14, 2012, 05:03:20 PM
Cahill (anything to Joe??) to Chelsea, Alex to QPR.  Sad to see Alex go, I always rated him.  Not sure sure about Cahill either but he must be a better centre half than Luiz!  Good solid win today.

Don't really understand the Alex decision. Never let us down, and is a very good player.

Re today. Never seen it, but a big win, especially considering Spurs dropped points. From all accounts Torres was the man today again! Should've had two penalties!

Minder

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 14, 2012, 05:43:33 PM
Quote from: AQMP on January 14, 2012, 05:03:20 PM

Don't really understand the Alex decision. Never let us down, and is a very good player.

Re today. Never seen it, but a big win, especially considering Spurs dropped points. From all accounts Torres was the man today again! Should've had two penalties!

Again?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"