The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Minder

Quote from: The Worker on December 26, 2011, 12:46:01 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 26, 2011, 12:40:31 PM
Torres has scored more Premier League goals (4) for Liverpool in 2011 than for Chelsea (3).

Just putting it put there.

many games did he play for each?

He played 6 league games last January for Liverpool.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

new devil

So he scored the same in those 6 games that Andy Carroll has scored in nearly a year for Liverpool?

Norf Tyrone

Shite today. No tempo until Malouda (!!) came on. Only Terry, and Malouda showed any urgency with Torres and Oriel trying their best. The rest. Well.

There appears to be a major difference in this team when Ramires doesn't play. He's suddenly the main man.

Saying that their keeper played very well, and Torres shouldv'e had a penalty, but sometimes you get what you deserve.

It's 2 from 4 for those CL spots.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Get the positives out of the road first.

Good to see Sam Hutchinson back. Remarkable comeback.

Secondly. Good to see Deirdre pay respect to Peter Osgood with his goal. Thinks like that are important.

What would be more respectful, would be if Drogba put a f**king shift in after that. Shockingly ordinary display.

I am starting to fear for AVB now. I thought he was the right appointment at the time, and believed that despite the bad results he needed time to get his players in, and get the style of play he wants. However we look lost at present.

In my opnion, not one player can escape criticism today. Not one. I actually thought Torres looked promising when he came on, and at least gave a whiff of a threat.

My AVB worry is where's the plan B? I would love to see him go with Torres and Sturridge up top with Mata behind and a middle three of Oriel, Ramiries and Luiz. A back four of Bertrand/ Cole, JT, Ivanovic and Bosingwa.

The two full backs to bomb at every opportunity with Luiz and Oriel offering cover. When we have the ball Luiz can carry forward. However what we get is the same old 4-3-3 with square pegs in round holes.
He also needs to let one or two of the younger fellas off the leash. Bertrand should be in the team for home games against mid table sides like Fulham, or Villa. I don't think the young lad will be world class but he's promising, and Cole needs rested.

He also needs to stop talking dross to the press conferance. The more he talks the more he leaves himself and the players open to criticism.

Truth be told, I am not sure what direction the team goes from here. We are probably shy a midfielder (Essien's comeback in two weeks might help), a right winger, and a right back.

Happy New f**king Year!

Captain Obvious

Will AVB end the same way as Scolari, out the door by February?

Orangemac

Time is catching up with the Chelsea pensioners. Terry,Cole,Drogba,Lampard,Cech are not the players they were. Bosingwa and Luiz were never defenders to start with.

Shocking how easily Chelsea have been cut open in a lot of games this year. 2nd goal yesterday was criminal, Petrov simply strolled into the box and had all the time in the world to pick his spot.

It may be premature but AVB seems out of his depth.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Orangemac on January 01, 2012, 09:47:14 PM
Time is catching up with the Chelsea pensioners. Terry,Cole,Drogba,Lampard,Cech are not the players they were. Bosingwa and Luiz were never defenders to start with.

Shocking how easily Chelsea have been cut open in a lot of games this year. 2nd goal yesterday was criminal, Petrov simply strolled into the box and had all the time in the world to pick his spot.

It may be premature but AVB seems out of his depth.

Terry is 31 and still playing well, and Cole was 31 last week. Hardly pensioners. Cole just needs to be rested every now and again as he is asked to play every week. Luiz needs moved to midfield, and the stats show how poor Bosingwa is.

Norf Tyrone

The old pensioners Cole and Lamps combine in the 89th minute!!

Funny that!

Puckoon

Fantastic determination from Lampard to get on the end of that cross from outside the D when Torres released Cole. I like auld lamps.

Norf Tyrone

Probably one of Torres' better games today. His run led to the corner for the opener, and his sublime pass made the second goal. The quality of ball into him was poor, and he had to scrap for everything he got. Definately better.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 02, 2012, 08:24:01 PM
Probably one of Torres' better games today. His run led to the corner for the opener, and his sublime pass made the second goal. The quality of ball into him was poor, and he had to scrap for everything he got. Definately better.

Phil Thompson was slating him on Sky saying he was woeful but I thought he was one of Chelsea's better players and really wonder how those pundits get work...
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 02, 2012, 08:34:29 PM

Phil Thompson was slating him on Sky saying he was woeful but I thought he was one of Chelsea's better players and really wonder how those pundits get work...

Funny when Fulham drew with Chelsea on boxing day the 18yo lad, Frei was excellent. Looked at the paper the next day and they gave him 4 out of 10!

EC Unique

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 02, 2012, 08:34:29 PM

Thompson is not really a pundit. He is set in there for the rest to take the hand out of him. He is a muppet.