The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: EC Unique on November 29, 2011, 09:47:02 PM
Feel a bit sorry for AVB. The players are just not doing it for him. Torres has went from being one of the best stikers in the world to being one of the poorest in the premier league!

For Torres and Babel we got Suarez and Carroll. While Carroll may not be setting the world alight he played much better tonight despite the penalty miss. I can't believe how poor Ladyboy has become. He is a shadow of the player he was 18 months ago and is really going down as THE biggest flop in PL history since his move. AVB deserves time to rebuild but will he get it?  Failure to qualify from group stages of CL would seal his fate maybe.

Dinny Breen

Think of the blinkers BC1, Torres would still attract interest from the top clubs, Andy Carrol wouldn't interest the local glue factory.
#newbridgeornowhere

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 29, 2011, 10:07:01 PM
Think of the blinkers BC1, Torres would still attract interest from the top clubs.

Judging by the Chelsea forums tonight most of their fans would offer to drive him to his next club.

AZOffaly

I'd take him back. I bet Dalglish could get him playing again.

brokencrossbar1

Think of the blinkers BC1, Torres would still attract interest from the top clubs, Andy Carrol wouldn't interest the local glue factory.

Be that as it may at the minute he is playing shite and has been consistently poor for the last year or more. Chelsea paid £50m and the return on the investment is worthless at the minute. Carroll is not playing well either but he played better tonight. Suarez is playing well. The point I am making is that Liverpool certainly got the better end of the deal than Chelsea. BTW, I too would take him back in a heart beat as I feel he would perform for Liverpool and Kenny but it won't happen.

From the Bunker

Andy Carroll born 6 January 1989. Fernando Torres 20 March 1984. 5 years is a long time in football!

Five years ago Jose was manager of Chelsea.

Liverpool won the FA Cup with the following starting line-up; Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Riise, Gerrard (c), Alonso, Sissoko, Kewell, Cissé, Crouch

Captain Obvious

Feel sorry for AVB aswell he's like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 29, 2011, 10:37:25 PM

Andy Carroll born 6 January 1989. Fernando Torres 20 March 1984. 5 years is a long time in football!

Liverpool won the FA Cup with the following starting line-up; Reina, Finnan, Carragher, Hyypia, Riise, Gerrard (c), Alonso, Sissoko, Kewell, Cissé, Crouch

Seriously! The blind loyalty is admirable but Torres at that age had scored close to a hundred goals in almost 250 appearances and had 14 international goals. Andy Carroll had scored 11 EPL goals by the time he moved to Liverpool.

There is no comparison, he may come good but I wouldn't bet any money on it..
#newbridgeornowhere

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 29, 2011, 11:01:45 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 29, 2011, 10:37:25 PM

Seriously! The blind loyalty is admirable but Torres at that age had scored close to a hundred goals in almost 250 appearances and had 14 international goals. Andy Carroll had scored 11 EPL goals by the time he moved to Liverpool.

There is no comparison, he may come good but I wouldn't bet any money on it..

News flash Dinny, no one thinks Carroll is within an asses roar of Torres when Torres is fit and playing well.  He isn't though and the reality is that Carroll is actually playing better than him(which illustrates how poorly he is playing).  The point the bunker man is making is that Carroll has time on his hands and may come good.  Like you I have some doubts about that but he is in a good place to improve.  Surely a Gunner should be worrying how they'll replace RVP when he goes to Madrid in July 2012.

Dinny Breen

Arsenal are meritocratically run club and if that means selling a 29 year old injury prone RVP to Madrid for a bucket load of cash so be it and at least the money won't be wasted on such poor ROI investments as Carroll, Henderson and Downing instead it will spent on some 15 year old from the Republic of Djibouti and so the cycle begins again....
#newbridgeornowhere

EC Unique

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 29, 2011, 10:29:26 PM

Be that as it may at the minute he is playing shite and has been consistently poor for the last year or more. Chelsea paid £50m and the return on the investment is worthless at the minute. Carroll is not playing well either but he played better tonight. Suarez is playing well. The point I am making is that Liverpool certainly got the better end of the deal than Chelsea. BTW, I too would take him back in a heart beat as I feel he would perform for Liverpool and Kenny but it won't happen.

You are right there. Liverpool have done better but I would suggest Newcastle are the biggest winners in the whole thing!

Bingo

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 29, 2011, 11:15:04 PM
Arsenal are meritocratically run club and if that means selling a 29 year old injury prone RVP to Madrid for a bucket load of cash so be it and at least the money won't be wasted on such poor ROI investments as Carroll, Henderson and Downing instead it will spent on some 15 year old from the Republic of Djibouti and so the trophyless cycle begins again....

Seriously? You think selling RVP is a positive move and that Arsenal won't waste the cash? You not seen some of their signings play - Koscienly 10m, Arshavin 15m, Rosicky 7m, Hleb 12m, Reyes 13m, Jeffers 8m - the current signings of Gervinho 11m and Arteta 10m have a long road to go as well. So yes, every chance that they could well "waste" the money  :D

Re Torres and Carroll - without doubt both have failed to live up to their price tag but their was only one of them who tried last night in a game where Torres should have been busting his hole to prove a point after sitting out a few games, thats even without the fact it was against Liverpool. On last nights display there is only one of them who wants to prove himself and Carroll has worked hard and scored bigger goals than Torres has since the move.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Bingo on November 30, 2011, 09:59:50 AM
Arsenal are meritocratically run club and if that means selling a 29 year old injury prone RVP to Madrid for a bucket load of cash so be it and at least the money won't be wasted on such poor ROI investments as Carroll, Henderson and Downing instead it will spent on some 15 year old from the Republic of Djibouti and so the trophyless cycle begins again....

Seriously? You think selling RVP is a positive move and that Arsenal won't waste the cash? You not seen some of their signings play - Koscienly 10m, Arshavin 15m, Rosicky 7m, Hleb 12m, Reyes 13m, Jeffers 8m - the current signings of Gervinho 11m and Arteta 10m have a long road to go as well. So yes, every chance that they could well "waste" the money  :D

Re Torres and Carroll - without doubt both have failed to live up to their price tag but their was only one of them who tried last night in a game where Torres should have been busting his hole to prove a point after sitting out a few games, thats even without the fact it was against Liverpool. On last nights display there is only one of them who wants to prove himself and Carroll has worked hard and scored bigger goals than Torres has since the move.

And if you want to be completely anal about it Carroll has cost £8.75m per goal whereas Torres cost £16.66m per goal, but that would be purely anal :P

As for RVP, sure Wenger has a ready made replacement in Chamakh, great success!

ONeill

Quote from: Bingo on November 30, 2011, 09:59:50 AM

Poor examples (there are better ones). Koscielny is looking like a 10m player this year. 2 MOTM performances recently at full back. Arsenal made money on Hleb and Reyes. Rosicky 7m looks about right in today's money. Arshavin looked every bit a 15m player in his first season but is not working out that way right now. Jeffers was a waste of money.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Big straws there Bingo, that's the same Gervinho who has 2 goals and 5 assists compared to 0/0 from Downing and 1/0 from Henderson at less than a 1/3 of their combined price  ??? the same Koscienly that has just got his first cap for France and has been outstanding despite been surrounded by a sea of mediocrity  ???, the same Hleb that was sold for a profit  ???, the same Arteta 3/1 who cost half of Henderson and has been instrumental in Arsenal's rise up the EPL  ???  The same Reyes who couldn't settle in London but still had a good first and second season 66 appearances 17 goals and was sold for the same amount he cost  ??? The same Arshavin who had a pretty good two seasons and a half 106 appearance 28 goals 33 assists prior to this year when has been pants, anyhow I'll give you him for the craic based on this seasons form and the fox in the box who was just awful. So do you actually have an interest in soccer or just post for the hell of it  ::) Seriously, anyhow I'm sure the Chelsea boys have no interest in blind 'my dick is bigger than you dick logic' so we all just agree Carroll, Hederson and Downing have been sh*t buys so far but they are young and may come good.....
#newbridgeornowhere