The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Woshhhhhhh...guess that went right over your head....I should of knew better

thebigfella

In fairness though, the majority of Celtic (and Rangers) fans are thick as fcuk.

Forever Green

Fair enough lads, didn't really word that one right. Moving on

Norf Tyrone

Overall poor performance today, but great to get a clean sheet and 3 points.

Anyone notice Cech, who is apparently past it, getting a broken nose but still playing on and making a few good saves? Or Lampard, past it too, continuing to be the main man in midfield, and the only one to show a semplance of experience in the last ten minutes?

Fernando had another bad miss today, as did Sturridge in the first half. Both went with the foot when heads would've done. Ironically Lampard headed his goal, when he proably should've went with the foot. Shows you.

A couple of strong penalty shouts turned down today again, thankfully it didn't cost.

Two week gap now before the dippers arrive! Should be fun!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Orangemac

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 05, 2011, 08:14:41 PM
Overall poor performance today, but great to get a clean sheet and 3 points.

Anyone notice Cech, who is apparently past it, getting a broken nose but still playing on and making a few good saves? Or Lampard, past it too, continuing to be the main man in midfield, and the only one to show a semplance of experience in the last ten minutes?

Fernando had another bad miss today, as did Sturridge in the first half. Both went with the foot when heads would've done. Ironically Lampard headed his goal, when he proably should've went with the foot. Shows you.

A couple of strong penalty shouts turned down today again, thankfully it didn't cost.

Two week gap now before the dippers arrive! Should be fun!
Should be an interesting contest between Terry and Suarez. Who can come up the most offensive commnet ;D

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

I'm too lazy to check but out of interest how many games did Jose Mourinho lose in his time with Chelsea he never lost at home that's for sure.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Orangemac

Quote from: ross4life on November 20, 2011, 07:08:47 PM
I'm too lazy to check but out of interest how many games did Jose Mourinho lose in his time with Chelsea he never lost at home that's for sure.
Think he lost 1 game in his 1st season.

You'd feel for AVB but he was never going to get 2 years to turn things around. Aging team which needs a lot of work and the £70m odd spent in January on Torres and Luiz must rank as the worst day of transfer business ever.

nrico2006

Surprised AVB is still at Chelsea, what is his total record so far with the club?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AQMP

IMHO, Chelsea's problems have little to do with the manager.  Time for the players to look in the mirror and admit that, based on the season so far, they're overpaid parcels of dung.  A few playing on past memories, too many content to take handy money and hide.  My only gripe with AVB is that it's clear the best striker at the club by a country mile is Daniel Sturridge and he should start every game.

nrico2006

Quote from: AQMP on November 21, 2011, 09:31:07 AM
IMHO, Chelsea's problems have little to do with the manager.  Time for the players to look in the mirror and admit that, based on the season so far, they're overpaid parcels of dung.  A few playing on past memories, too many content to take handy money and hide.  My only gripe with AVB is that it's clear the best striker at the club by a country mile is Daniel Sturridge and he should start every game.

The buck stops with the manager though.  I do agree with you in that the players are obviously not performing, but its up to the manager to up their performance and select the best 11 and make the correct substitutions and have an adaptable strategy.  He seems to have got a lot more leeway than previous managers so far.  Chelseas problems stem from the fact that no matter what anybody says, their best 3 players (Terry, Lampard & Drogba) of the Abramovich era are only shadows of their former selves.  On top of that, they got rid of the main reason for their success aswell (Mourinho).
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Norf Tyrone

Worried. No Ashley Cole and Alex on the bench again. I hope you know what you're at AVB.......

Chelsea:

1 Petr Cech
2 Branislav Ivanovic
4 David Luiz
26 John Terry (c)
17 Jose Bosingwa
7 Ramires
16 Raul Meireles
8 Frank Lampard
23 Daniel Sturridge
11 Didier Drogba
10 Juan Mata

Subs: 23 Ross Turnbull, 33 Alex, 12 John Mikel Obi, 20 Josh McEachran, 15 Florent Malouda, 21 Salomon Kalou, 9 Fernando Torres.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gawa316

A back 4 of Boswinga Ivan Terry Luiz would be alright. Luiz probably better suited to a fb role or even midfield until he learns to control the bap