The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norabeag

Quote from: under the bar on October 30, 2011, 08:25:43 AM
So at what point in the season did cech lose his mojo?
Wasnt this season. He was supreme up until his tangle with Long?? HAs not been the same since.

muppet

Quote from: norabeag on October 30, 2011, 01:15:54 PM
Quote from: under the bar on October 30, 2011, 08:25:43 AM
So at what point in the season did cech lose his mojo?
Wasnt this season. He was supreme up until his tangle with Long?? HAs not been the same since.

Hunt.
MWWSI 2017

Norf Tyrone

Love the tabloid style response on here where by Cech's finished after one bad game (Ignoring how good he was last year), and Terry's guilty with his punishment being debated (ignoring the fact that there is no apparent evidence against him). Wait and see on that one.

As for the Arsenal match. Geezuz. It's a long time since I saw a Chelsea team defend like that, but it has been coming. Even in some of the games where Chelsea have been on top this year, the opposition have been granted a chance or two, and on Saturday Arsenal (Due to having one of the world's best finishers on board) took 5 or 6 of the 7 chances they had.

People are quick to blame Terry for everything that goes wrong at Chelsea. I remember last year someone thought he was past it when we lost some game. Ignoring the fact he hadn't played in said game. On Saturday if you watch the first 20 -25 mins of the game, Terry was superb. Every move on the pitch started with a pass from him.

However the problem at the minute sits with personnel and formation. Bosingwa is a liability. He need to be dropped with Ivanovic going to RB. Alex should be back in as CB alonsgide Terry. AVB then needs to tell the back four to drop 15-20 yards deeper and play roughly 25 yards out from goal.

At the minute teams are playing over the defence and running past it. Chelsea's back line was never famed for speed, and was always set up so that teams had to play through them. They need to get back to that. If they want to play a high line Luiz must play, but unfortuantely the boy's rashness has been the source of too many errors to date, and he needs to get this out of his game.

Finally Cech was woeful too. No escaping that.

For all the flak the back line took, the forward trio of Mata, Torres and Sturridge shouldn't escape unpunished. In the first 25 minutes Chelsea ballsed up 2 or 3 one on ones. Essentially the game should've been put to bed earlier. Again more clinicism needed.

For me I'd put Orial Romeu (Who looks a very good player) into Mikel's role to see how he gets on.

The other point that can't be ignored is Schelney's foul on Cole. If a defender had've dived out and caught Cole like that it would've been a red card, and that's ignoring the fact that he prevented a clear goal scoring opportunity.

If anyone watched the Everton/ Chelsea game on Weds night, twice Distin fouled a Chelsea last man in the box. Not only was he not carded, there was no penalty.

Chelsea have been shockingly on the wrong side of the refs this year, and that luck has to change sometime. Hopefully soon.

However before looking for a change of luck they must firstly look for a change of ways.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

QuoteChelsea have been shockingly on the wrong side of the refs this year, and that luck has to change sometime. Hopefully soon.

Lukaku, defensive line block, Santos, Mata, goal...

Chesney should have sent off not for denying an obvious goal scoring chance as Cashley's touch was awful and Koscielny had it covered but for a dangerous tackle.
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

EC Unique

Is AVB going to have a short stint at Chelsea? 3 poor results in a row will not please the Russian gangsta!

Had a couple of great chances to win but failed.

gawa316

Quote from: EC Unique on November 01, 2011, 09:35:45 PM
Is AVB going to have a short stint at Chelsea? 3 poor results in a row will not please the Russian gangsta!

Had a couple of great chances to win but failed.

Beating the bitters when down to 10 men was actually quite a good result

Norf Tyrone

Not sure what you mean EC? An away win, a home defeat and an away Euro draw. Not great but not three bad results I'd of thought?

Go home ref

What the hell were Chelsea at allowing Luiz to take a penalty tonight?

EC Unique

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 01, 2011, 09:49:54 PM
Not sure what you mean EC? An away win, a home defeat and an away Euro draw. Not great but not three bad results I'd of thought?

My bad.
I was referring to the last 2 league results and the result tonight.

My point remains.

orangeman

I'm hearng the Chelsea fans were singing about Anton Ferdinand tonight at the match - seems Terry and the fans have something in common.

Forever Green

Some Chelsea fans are and always have been scum. UDA team of choice

Norf Tyrone

Amazing how its only a 'small' group of United and Pool fans who taunt the dead, but it's ALL Chelsea fans. Strange that!

gawa316

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 02, 2011, 12:46:02 AM
Amazing how its only a 'small' group of United and Pool fans who taunt the dead, but it's ALL Chelsea fans. Strange that!

Let the defence rest your honour