The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Boycey on June 22, 2011, 02:55:43 PM
Yet another example of a world gone mad, £13million transfer fee for a manager

Roman has already shelled out 60 odd million on paying off various management staff. Sure what's another 13m?

ross4life

Tipped to be the new Mourinho so no pressure then & like Jose he'll probably bring some of the Porto players to Chelsea with him like Falcao,Hulk etc..
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

First friendly and a 3-0 win. Good to see Torres scoring, but what a goal by Benayoun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOXj5m90Xt4

Norf Tyrone

So pre season is over and the fun's about to start again.

For once I am kind of glad that Chelsea's transfer activity has been moderate and bar the Modric saga, low key. So far just the two players in for £9 million (Courtois and Romeu) and six out. With roughly 15 million coming in from the likes of Zhirkov, Cork and Tore.

Of course it's expected that Lukaku will join too for around 18 million, but that's still to be confirmed.

I don't think at this stage that what we have is enough to win the league, but I think it's the right strategy. If rumours are true, Hiddink has been influencing Roman that a long term strategy re managers is required. Hence the young manager and all the sub 21 year olds in the in box. Definately the right think to do, even if it means a season or two with no league title.

What is definately required is a play maker a la Modric or someone of his ilk. However I think we are going to pay over the odds on Modric. We should be using the Fabregas price tag as an example to Spurs of the valuation in the current marker. Personally I'd have dropped interest weeks ago, and went after plan B. Maybe that's what they are doing. Who knows!

Up top Chelsea are very over subscribed when you consider, Kalou, Anelka, Drogba, Sturridge, Lukaku, and Torres. So I'd be surprised if one or two aren't culled before the end of the month. Considering the ACN is coming up, I'd imagine Kalou may go.

Tough opener on Sunday. The start of the AVB era! And the start of the whinging, and crying again!

Minder

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 11, 2011, 11:43:03 PM

For once I am kind of glad that Chelsea's transfer activity has been moderate and bar the Modric saga, low key. So far just the two players in for £9 million (Courtois and Romeu) and six out. With roughly 15 million coming in from the likes of Zhirkov, Cork and Tore.

Of course it's expected that Lukaku will join too for around 18 million, but that's still to be confirmed.

I don't think at this stage that what we have is enough to win the league, but I think it's the right strategy. If rumours are true, Hiddink has been influencing Roman that a long term strategy re managers is required. Hence the young manager and all the sub 21 year olds in the in box. Definately the right think to do, even if it means a season or two with no league title.

What is definately required is a play maker a la Modric or someone of his ilk. However I think we are going to pay over the odds on Modric. We should be using the Fabregas price tag as an example to Spurs of the valuation in the current marker. Personally I'd have dropped interest weeks ago, and went after plan B. Maybe that's what they are doing. Who knows!

Up top Chelsea are very over subscribed when you consider, Kalou, Anelka, Drogba, Sturridge, Lukaku, and Torres. So I'd be surprised if one or two aren't culled before the end of the month. Considering the ACN is coming up, I'd imagine Kalou may go.

Tough opener on Sunday. The start of the AVB era! And the start of the whinging, and crying again!
[/b]

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AQMP

Still think Daniel Sturridge is one to stick with for the future, not yet 22 and did very well at Bolton on loan last year.

laoislad

€75 mill spent in January
Lukaku signs for €18 million
Mata on his way for €26million
Modric likely to also arrive for what about €30 mill+

Yeah it's great to see Chelsea spending moderately alright  :D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ross4life

Drogba took a heavy hit yesterday  :o

Mild concussion so he should be alright.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: laoislad on August 23, 2011, 07:59:02 PM

€75 mill spent in January
Lukaku signs for €18 million
Mata on his way for €26million
Modric likely to also arrive for what about €30 mill+

Yeah it's great to see Chelsea spending moderately alright  :D

A wee bit of selective quoting there.

Interesting day or two ahead with rumours of Benayoun, Alex, Malouda, Lakuku (Loan) all being shifted. Definitely top heavy at the minute.

Norf Tyrone

We must be back in Europe... Chelsea shafted again. Maybe not Orebo style but still. Three good penalty shouts turned down, and then Valencia given one.

Good game though. Torres was really unlucky with a shot, and an excellent header. The Valencia keeper's save from the header was among the best I've ever seen.

Four points from six is a decent return. Happy enough.

Orangemac

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 28, 2011, 10:12:59 PM
We must be back in Europe... Chelsea shafted again. Maybe not Orebo style but still. Three good penalty shouts turned down, and then Valencia given one.

Good game though. Torres was really unlucky with a shot, and an excellent header. The Valencia keeper's save from the header was among the best I've ever seen.
Valenica keeper was brilliant tonight made 3 or 4 world class saves. Torres has looked sharp in the last few games, seems to be back at his old speed.

AVB has went about changing Chelsea team well so far. Bit more vibrancy about midfield,especially Mata. Still a couple of defenders way from challenging for CL/Prem though.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Orangemac on September 28, 2011, 11:05:12 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 28, 2011, 10:12:59 PM

Valenica keeper was brilliant tonight made 3 or 4 world class saves. Torres has looked sharp in the last few games, seems to be back at his old speed.

AVB has went about changing Chelsea team well so far. Bit more vibrancy about midfield,especially Mata. Still a couple of defenders way from challenging for CL/Prem though.

I don't know if we are missing defenders as such, maybe missing a defensive system. AVB has done well, but you could see his inexperience tonight. Kalou for Lamps when defeding a lead!!

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"