I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

trailer

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 08, 2019, 04:50:15 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 08, 2019, 09:35:26 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 08, 2019, 12:31:49 AM
Quote from: trailer on August 05, 2019, 08:27:47 AM
I'd estimate 90% of all Dairy farmers voted to leave the EU. NI exports over 80% of all the milk it produces. Many of them would have a poultry interest as well.

No doubt based on the assumption that all dairy farmers are DUP supporting Free-Ps  ::)

Total BS statement

I work in the industry and would know what I am talking about. I'd speak to over 30 dairy farmers everyday - right across Northern Ireland. But hey whatever you think yourself.

Oh right so you work in the department taking calls from farmers to fulfil their redtape requirements.... which ALL farmers loathe and farmers are well known for holding their tounge when it comes to complaining..... But you've been conducting a political survey at your government job tuttut? Dont be afraid to publish the results then ::)

Look I know a fair few dairy farmers myself and they do nothing but bitch about EU regulations. But the ones I know best when it came to the referendum it was a no brainer Remain.

Not saying that a healthy majority probably voted to Leave...... but 90% is LaLa Land stuff

LOL I work for the Department. f**k me. Have a word with yourself.
Do I know the exact figure? No. But I would offer that 9 / 10 of all Dairy farmers I know and spoke to voted leave. And as I say I speak with 30+ everyday, including Farmers who send their milk to processors across the border. f**k me I spoke to two buyers for two separate beef factories in NI the VERY NEXT DAY and they voted leave as well.

The reason? I think it was a combination of red tape etc but also fluctuations in Milk prices. Ironically the red tape was mostly caused by the Dept in NI who interpret the directives and not necessary by the EU.

omaghjoe

Quote from: trailer on August 08, 2019, 07:31:03 PM
I'd estimate 90% of all Dairy farmers voted to leave the EU. NI exports over 80% of all the milk it produces. Many of them would have a poultry interest as well.

No doubt based on the assumption that all dairy farmers are DUP supporting Free-Ps  ::)

Total BS statement

I work in the industry and would know what I am talking about. I'd speak to over 30 dairy farmers everyday - right across Northern Ireland. But hey whatever you think yourself.

Oh right so you work in the department taking calls from farmers to fulfil their redtape requirements.... which ALL farmers loathe and farmers are well known for holding their tounge when it comes to complaining..... But you've been conducting a political survey at your government job tuttut? Dont be afraid to publish the results then ::)

Look I know a fair few dairy farmers myself and they do nothing but bitch about EU regulations. But the ones I know best when it came to the referendum it was a no brainer Remain.

Not saying that a healthy majority probably voted to Leave...... but 90% is LaLa Land stuff

Do I know the exact figure? No. But I would offer that 9 / 10 of all Dairy farmers I know and spoke to voted leave. And as I say I speak with 30+ everyday, including Farmers who send their milk to processors across the border. f**k me I spoke to two buyers for two separate beef factories in NI the VERY NEXT DAY and they voted leave as well.

The reason? I think it was a combination of red tape etc but also fluctuations in Milk prices. Ironically the red tape was mostly caused by the Dept in NI who interpret the directives and not necessary by the EU.

SO you speak with 30+ everyday? Dying to hear what you do unless your picking up phones.

Presumably they are same 30+? Otherwise you musta spoken to every farmer in the North since the referendum

Eamonnca1

Stolen from a YouTube comment:

QuoteCalm down everyone , this is how it will go down.
When they meet in France at the G7 Boris will agree to only N.I staying in the C.U and Single Market.
That will be voted through by the House of Commons as they will all be called back early for the vote.
DUP will say " we are pulling our support from the Convervative Govt".  A general election will have to be held.  This eliminates the No Confidence vote option  and allows Boris to set the G.E for post Oct 31.
Everyone is a winner except the DUP.   But let's not worry about the DUP their White ISIS caliphate called Northern Ireland has run it's course. Peace in a Unified Ireland.

Thoughts?

omaghjoe

Could happen....a long with about a dozen other scenarios and maybe a few we haven't thought off

armaghniac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 08, 2019, 08:49:56 PM
Stolen from a YouTube comment:

QuoteCalm down everyone , this is how it will go down.
When they meet in France at the G7 Boris will agree to only N.I staying in the C.U and Single Market.
That will be voted through by the House of Commons as they will all be called back early for the vote.
DUP will say " we are pulling our support from the Convervative Govt".  A general election will have to be held.  This eliminates the No Confidence vote option  and allows Boris to set the G.E for post Oct 31.
Everyone is a winner except the DUP.   But let's not worry about the DUP their White ISIS caliphate called Northern Ireland has run it's course. Peace in a Unified Ireland.

Thoughts?

Fixed parliament term means that an actual vote in Westminster is needed to call an election, Boris cannot just toddle off to QE2 and ask for one.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Total BS statement

Sure if they export across the border and still voted for Brexit then what are they only idiots?

trailer

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 08, 2019, 10:12:50 PM

Total BS statement

Sure if they export across the border and still voted for Brexit then what are they only idiots?

Remember what we were all told?
Easiest deal in history.
We hold all the cards.
No one is taking about leaving the SM or CU.

Remember what Vote Leave said?

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on August 09, 2019, 08:39:11 AM

Total BS statement

Easiest deal in history.
We hold all the cards.

You are correct - everyone was spun a web of lies about how good leave would be - including farmers.

But not that the actual situation has become apparent why when you speak to the are they still in favour of leave?

tyrone08

Total BS statement

Easiest deal in history.
We hold all the cards.

Cant help but think if Theresa may wasnt in charge at the start a deal would have been reached by now. By her giving into the eu so much at the start and trying to please the dup it's very difficult to do a deal  now as the eu can't be seen to back down.

At the very start a clear deal should have been agreed which was in benefit of the eu and  uk. No matter what anyone says a poor uk makes for a poor eu and Visa versa. Time for the leaders to act like grown ups but not much chance of that happening.

People should also look at the actual facts of the economic performance so far instead of what might happen. Last quarter in 2018 and first quarter  in 2019 uk either matched or slightly out performed germany and France in growth.

lenny

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 09, 2019, 09:30:45 AM

Total BS statement

Easiest deal in history.
We hold all the cards.

Cant help but think if Theresa may wasnt in charge at the start a deal would have been reached by now. By her giving into the eu so much at the start and trying to please the dup it's very difficult to do a deal  now as the eu can't be seen to back down.

At the very start a clear deal should have been agreed which was in benefit of the eu and  uk. No matter what anyone says a poor uk makes for a poor eu and Visa versa. Time for the leaders to act like grown ups but not much chance of that happening.

People should also look at the actual facts of the economic performance so far instead of what might happen. Last quarter in 2018 and first quarter  in 2019 uk either matched or slightly out performed germany and France in growth.

You're reading the English Tory press a bit too much. The uk was given the best deal possible within the constraints of the red lines set by Theresa May ie to exit the single market and customs union. A deal which would've been easy to do and mutually beneficial could've been done if the uk had been prepared to stay in the single market and CU.

trailer

For the most part the Farmers I speak with are still bullish. They want a deal and believe that the EU will cave. Now some are starting to understand the complexities of what's happening but others don't and blindly follow.

armaghniac

Quote from: lenny on August 09, 2019, 09:38:26 AM

Such a deal was agreed, the UK has failed to sign it because they cannot agree among themselves what they want.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GJL

Quote from: trailer on August 09, 2019, 09:49:59 AM
For the most part the Farmers I speak with are still bullish. They want a deal and believe that the EU will cave. Now some are starting to understand the complexities of what's happening but others don't and blindly follow.

Sounds DUP to me!

t_mac

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 09, 2019, 09:30:45 AM

Total BS statement

Easiest deal in history.
We hold all the cards.

May was a remainer, she played a blinder - 3 years after a vote to leave UK still in the EU.