FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Stop being nice Ballagh ;D
First we have to have the shootout in Kiltoom where Syfīn will be orgasmic looking at his favourite team playing on his favourite pitch  8)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mayo.mick

Will Kiltoom be able to cope with the crowds? Been a good few years since I was in it
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Cunny Funt

Quote from: giveballaghback on January 13, 2017, 01:30:56 PM
it was 1980 when the rossies tried to set up that club long before Johnos reign in the larries county.
Tried again in the early 90s I recall the commotion. Johno for a KIlmovee man was very vocal about the situation at the time. Larries are longford BTW and I don't think he managed them yet.

weareros

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 13, 2017, 03:39:32 PM
it was 1980 when the rossies tried to set up that club long before Johnos reign in the larries county.
Tried again in the early 90s I recall the commotion. Johno for a KIlmovee man was very vocal about the situation at the time. Larries are longford BTW and I don't think he managed them yet.

Yes, definitely 92 or 93 with St Johns - remembering fundraising at the time.

Blowitupref

Quote from: mayo.mick on January 13, 2017, 03:31:32 PM
Will Kiltoom be able to cope with the crowds? Been a good few years since I was in it
If Kiltoom does host it one would have to question why the FBD game was switched to MacHale park last year and the U21 final to Marky park that ended up having a little over 2,000.

From what I recall the last Mayo v Roscommon game played in Kiltoom was U21 semi final in 2012.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Good man lar, your right about syf, he exists in a dimension of his own, it was 1980 when the rossies tried to set up that club long before Johnos reign in the larries county. Looking forward to the season and the crack and of course the banter and counter attacks, just keep it in mind its just a bit of fun lads. Best of luck to all for the coming season and I hope there is no serious injuries to any of the players.

Wishing Mayo luck. Sickening.

Sell your flags.

Rossfan

Could the result of that 2012 game be the reason Kiltoom became unsuitable in Prenty Council fixture making?
Surely not  :o

Lar Naparka

First attempt was in 1962 when the case was brought to the provincial council. Ross lost that one, 4-1. I think the case for setting up a junior club was brought to the council in 1986 and Sligo voted with Ross on that.
There are plenty of theories put forward to explain why Sligo changed sides this time but it's pointless speculating at this stage. Some pro-Mayo folks in Ballagh told me it was part of a deal between the two counties that would allow Sligo use the Hyde for Connacht finals, amongst other things.
I don't remember the issue coming up again in the 90s but then I wouldn't have been too bopthered about it, one way or the other.
I do know that the situation at present is that it would need a two thirds vote of the Central Council to move Ballagh from Mayo to Ross.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

magpie seanie

Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 13, 2017, 04:04:36 PM

First attempt was in 1962 when the case was brought to the provincial council. Ross lost that one, 4-1. I think the case for setting up a junior club was brought to the council in 1986 and Sligo voted with Ross on that.
There are plenty of theories put forward to explain why Sligo changed sides this time but it's pointless speculating at this stage. Some pro-Mayo folks in Ballagh told me it was part of a deal between the two counties that would allow Sligo use the Hyde for Connacht finals, amongst other things.
I don't remember the issue coming up again in the 90s but then I wouldn't have been too bopthered about it, one way or the other.
I do know that the situation at present is that it would need a two thirds vote of the Central Council to move Ballagh from Mayo to Ross.

I don't think anyone want that actually. Either (a) a club based in Ballagh be allowed to affiliate to Roscommon county board and/or (b) players with Ballagh be allowed play for Roscommon should they so wish.

Rossfan

Either option is too sensible to be allowed.
Either would of course solve  the problem,  bad feeling etc.

giveballaghback

Quote from: Syferus on January 13, 2017, 03:53:33 PM
Good man lar, your right about syf, he exists in a dimension of his own, it was 1980 when the rossies tried to set up that club long before Johnos reign in the larries county. Looking forward to the season and the crack and of course the banter and counter attacks, just keep it in mind its just a bit of fun lads. Best of luck to all for the coming season and I hope there is no serious injuries to any of the players.

Wishing Mayo luck. Sickening.

Sell your flags.
First kicking of the new season from syf, Im really up and running now, will take me the weekend to sharpen my tounge and ill be flying after that.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 13, 2017, 04:40:16 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on January 13, 2017, 04:04:36 PM

I don't think anyone want that actually. Either (a) a club based in Ballagh be allowed to affiliate to Roscommon county board and/or (b) players with Ballagh be allowed play for Roscommon should they so wish.

And I think many will forever be curious to know why Galway,Leitrim voted against this from happening.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

maigheo

Cathal Carolan in for K.MC at the start.

Blowitupref

Three goals in three minutes for Galway against Leitrim.