The Future for Laois Football

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, July 05, 2021, 12:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

He wasn't exactly been slandered?
Strange intervention!

Jesus the mods would be busy If that is the standard for intervention
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

on the hop

Wasn't much quality for the new manager who was in the stand today. Worryingly some of the possibles don't seem to be progressing and a few of the older players look way off form.

Ballybrittas Boy

Quote from: on the hop on October 18, 2021, 12:24:42 AM
Wasn't much quality for the new manager who was in the stand today. Worryingly some of the possibles don't seem to be progressing and a few of the older players look way off form.
Yeah, you'd have to agree. Diarmuid Whelan only came into it in the second half. O'Flynn did well defensively but couldn't get forward enough. Barry did well but he doesn't play to this level enough.
Didn't see any potential new players really.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Ballybrittas Boy on October 18, 2021, 11:51:42 AM
Quote from: on the hop on October 18, 2021, 12:24:42 AM
Yeah, you'd have to agree. Diarmuid Whelan only came into it in the second half. O'Flynn did well defensively but couldn't get forward enough. Barry did well but he doesn't play to this level enough.
Didn't see any potential new players really.

I thought Aaron Carroll done well for Ballyroan in on Kinsella. He's been at those divisional trial games before and didn't look out of his depth.

Shaun Fitzpatrick is a real prospect. Set up the second goal really well. He's U-20 again next season I think but is definitely one to look at after that. Davin McEvoy is another young lad who's very athletic and has a big left boot on him.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Spiritof86

Yeah I wouldn't be holding my breath regarding a change Junior unfortunately  🤦‍♂️

Laois man

So who is in line to be new Chairman? Hardly Tim Clear😭

Tier2

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on October 18, 2021, 07:43:11 PM
Maybe the beginning of the change we are all looking for but I doubt it...

Unless he goes and takes half of the current musical chair brigade it'll be awhile before we see a turn of direction.
While there is maybe 6 of the current executive doing positive work you can't outrun apathy it's like mud you'll eventually fade.

New blood contesting on many positions is the only way

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2021/10/18/laois-gaa-chairman-not-seeking-re-election-ahead-of-county-convention/

High Fielder

Looks like they did a right job on him. Not even taking a softer seat. Gone completely.

clonadmad

Quote from: Tier2 on October 18, 2021, 10:39:22 PM

Unless he goes and takes half of the current musical chair brigade it'll be awhile before we see a turn of direction.
While there is maybe 6 of the current executive doing positive work you can't outrun apathy it's like mud you'll eventually fade.

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2021/10/18/laois-gaa-chairman-not-seeking-re-election-ahead-of-county-convention/

6?

That's being extremely generous

Tier2

Quote from: clonadmad on October 18, 2021, 11:36:24 PM
Quote from: Tier2 on October 18, 2021, 10:39:22 PM

6?

That's being extremely generous
[/quote

Probably right to be fair saying 6 more like 4.

What is a bug bearer is the way you can hold a position for  5 years if you couldn't do musical chairs that would be beneficial but the fact you can hop into another vacancy for a further 5 and do this unlimited times is a breeding ground for cronyism I'd reduce this to 4 years max possibly 3.

I'd put a cap of 8 years accumulated in any positions to be the maximum any person could serve on the executive in any position

Hopefully the hurling side of the county run a number of candidates in an organised supportive campaign to put the pressure on the status quo.

I wouldn't be in the habit of naming a person but the current vice chair going to the actual chair would be a non progressive development

Target Man

Conor Gorman the new minor manager according to Laois Today. Interesting appointment he has done a good job in Clonaslee.

Wasn't in the 4 names I heard were nominated for job but maybe my info was wrong

Tintin84

Quote from: Target Man on October 25, 2021, 11:07:02 AM
Conor Gorman the new minor manager according to Laois Today. Interesting appointment he has done a good job in Clonaslee.

Wasn't in the 4 names I heard were nominated for job but maybe my info was wrong

Who were the 4 names mentioned or nominated?

Robbo

I think it's an excellent appointment.
Everything I've heard about him is really positive. Donie Brennan wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but he's a good coach. Probably leaves a gap for the Laois Ladies manager position. Killian Fitzpatrick or James Kelly maybe.

I heard there were only 3 nominations; John Strong was one and I'm unsure on the third. Strong still involved with Emo probably affected his chances.

town1980

I agree has done a super job with his own club young ambitious fits perfectly best of luck Conor