The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeculativeEffort

What happened to Slieve Margy isnt a solution and it will only copperfasten the idea that hurling in Port is only a passing fad. This cannot be allowed to happen. An adult hurling club needs to be formed and maybe let it encompass Port and O'Dempseys (possibly others even) together under a different banner/jersey etc and let it be about hurling rather than parochialism. Maybe if players have ambitions to play at higher level they could play with a senior area team until Port come up the grades. This set up would allow Port etc. players to represent the new club at junior c and play at higher level if able and interested with area team. This development in Port must be given every chance to develop into an adult club and not seen as a chance for other clubs to cherrypick players.

Zooming around

Were any of ye at the minor final? I thought the standard was quite poor. Great win for Camross but a cruel way for Abbeyleix to lose.

Laois man

Great win for Camross shocking unlucky for Aleix. Standard was only shocking no score from play for 40 mins.

clonadmad

Camross should and will be delighted with the win.

11/12 of their starters underage again next year with one u14 playing this year.

Knew their limitations and played to them, it worked out  for them.

Abbeyleix for one reason or another didn't perform on the night

clonadmad

Tipperary Coiste Na nOg have been asked to organize this event with guidance from the National Feile committee based in Croke Park. A lot of work has already been done by our Feile Committee with venues secured thanks to our host clubs,  Holycross, Borrisoleigh, Moycarkey Borris, Moneygall  and DMP.  The  Shield and Cup finals will be played in Semple Stadium
Teams from Dublin( St Vincent's), Kilkenny (James Stephens), Wexford ( Glynn Barntown), Waterford (Ballygunner), Limerick ( Monaleen), Clare ( Clonlara), Cork (Middleton),  Galway (Clarinbridge) and Tipperary ( Durlas Og, JK Brackens, Arravale Rvs and Ballina) will play in Division 1
In Division 2 we have Antrim (Oisins), Derry (Erin's Own ), Down (Bredagh), Offaly (Drumcullen), Laois (The Harps), Kildare (Naas), Westmeath (TBC) and Tipperary ( Roscrea, Borrisaleigh, Cashel,  St Mary's and  Mullinahone).
Draws and times will be published by Croke Park next week.

Robbo

Quote from: clonadmad on October 06, 2021, 07:49:30 AM
Tipperary Coiste Na nOg have been asked to organize this event with guidance from the National Feile committee based in Croke Park. A lot of work has already been done by our Feile Committee with venues secured thanks to our host clubs,  Holycross, Borrisoleigh, Moycarkey Borris, Moneygall  and DMP.  The  Shield and Cup finals will be played in Semple Stadium
Teams from Dublin( St Vincent's), Kilkenny (James Stephens), Wexford ( Glynn Barntown), Waterford (Ballygunner), Limerick ( Monaleen), Clare ( Clonlara), Cork (Middleton),  Galway (Clarinbridge) and Tipperary ( Durlas Og, JK Brackens, Arravale Rvs and Ballina) will play in Division 1
In Division 2 we have Antrim (Oisins), Derry (Erin's Own ), Down (Bredagh), Offaly (Drumcullen), Laois (The Harps), Kildare (Naas), Westmeath (TBC) and Tipperary ( Roscrea, Borrisaleigh, Cashel,  St Mary's and  Mullinahone).
Draws and times will be published by Croke Park next week.

Hope this is how Feile can be kept moving forward.
It'll be a great weekend for the players. Presume this year will be played on one day but I know most players and parents would have no issue with coming back on the Sunday to play a semi-final or final.

The Harps should give Div 2 a rattle.

Zooming around

Is Derek McGrath seriously being brought back in with our minors again? Mudderagod

Robbo

Quote from: Zooming around on October 12, 2021, 12:59:36 PM
Is Derek McGrath seriously being brought back in with our minors again? Mudderagod

Hope so.

clonadmad

Quote from: Robbo on October 12, 2021, 01:05:21 PM

Hope so.

Can you point me to 2/3 achievements that Derek has brought about since his arrival?

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: clonadmad on October 12, 2021, 01:09:13 PM

Hope so.

Can you point me to 2/3 achievements that Derek has brought about since his arrival?

Getting paid in each individual year and collecting  :) 8) 8) 8)

SpeculativeEffort

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on October 12, 2021, 01:28:00 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on October 12, 2021, 01:09:13 PM

Hope so.

Getting paid in each individual year and collecting  :) 8) 8) 8)

You know this for a fact?

I'm not aware of him getting paid or not but I have spoken to a number of players and parents who spoke very highly of him. He is a professional, thorough individual and I genuinely think he is contributing positively to the development of our young players.
I know results have been disappointing but underage sport isnt all about results.

LOVEGAA

It might not be about results but you would like to see an improvement in underage

From what I saw in Newbridge we havent

Zooming around

Quote from: LOVEGAA on October 12, 2021, 03:42:32 PM
It might not be about results but you would like to see an improvement in underage

An improvement? The two groups he has been involved with have regressed immeasurably. The 2020 group beat Offaly by 53 points at U14 and the 2021 group C team beat Kildare at U14. Yet when they get to minor we lose embarrassingly to both. So naturally, our CB give him another group to butcher, just in case he hadn't done enough damage to hurling in Laois.

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on October 12, 2021, 05:25:44 PM
Quote from: LOVEGAA on October 12, 2021, 03:42:32 PM

An improvement? The two groups he has been involved with have regressed immeasurably. The 2020 group beat Offaly by 53 points at U14 and the 2021 group C team beat Kildare at U14. Yet when they get to minor we lose embarrassingly to both. So naturally, our CB give him another group to butcher, just in case he hadn't done enough damage to hurling in Laois.

Nail on the head ZA

I was just going to post similar myself

If it's not a results business at minor as opposed to "juvenile",then some lads must be ecstatic with how things under Derek's tutelage are proceeding.

So can anyone point to anything else,other than him being a nice man and not to worry about the results

Robbo

Hope so.

Wishes he had kept his ill-informed trap shut.... :-X