The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ogie

Yes then they go back to making the same stupid mistakes when they have to use their heads, letting the likes of Castletown cod themselves and everyone else back into the B competition and win it by 28 points!!!
Beating Portarlington who won the genuine B competition last Saturday, which I was delighted to see
Clubs cheating the system and fellas on the juvenile board that haven't a clue what's actually happening on the ground in clubs.

Laois man

I don't think Castletown were cheating anybody look at there results beating by 15 plus points again Aleix well beating by Rdowney Well beating by PRC Gaels.

burdizzo

PRC Gaels?!
Raheen Parish Gaels beat Castletown by two.
R/E beat them by six, and by all accounts Castletown ought to have won.
But, yes, as the weakest of the 'A' teams that entered for the Feile, it made sense to have them in the 'B' to have 6 teams in each section. I thought Port. would get closer to them though, I must say.

Laois man

Port played Ctown 8 weeks ago in the league and there was only 6 points in it.

burdizzo

That's true. And Port hadn't Emerson then, either. As I say, I actually thought they'd be better able for Castletown tonight.

Laois man

I taught the same but Ctown were very sharp tonight and looked well organised.

burdizzo

I suppose Port. had the 'B' championship final Saturday, Feile group stages Sunday, and two more Feile matches tonight? Maybe just wore out?

Laois man

Agree. But fair play to port great to see new teams coming along and hopefully see a few of these lads on a minor team very soon. Great work being done over there with there juveniles. A lot of people on this forum give out about everything but i wonder are they in there local Gaa pitch a few nights a week helping out with teams?

Robbo

Sounds like big numbers from the football/duel clubs at the U14 hurling with laois.
Think Port and emo had nearly a team between them.
Ballyfin had at least 5 and I think mountmellick had a few as well.

Pity laois today or the papers don't cover these matches. The lads would lvoe to see their names mentioned.

clonadmad

Quote from: Robbo on September 24, 2021, 10:14:39 AM
Sounds like big numbers from the football/duel clubs at the U14 hurling with laois.
Think Port and emo had nearly a team between them.
Ballyfin had at least 5 and I think mountmellick had a few as well.

Pity laois today or the papers don't cover these matches. The lads would lvoe to see their names mentioned.

2 nice games in Heywood last night,a few good young lads on display

going by the team sheets,the following clubs were represented

Laois West

Castletown 6
R/E 8
B/K 6

Laois East

Mountrath 2
The Harps 6
C/B 9
Trumera 1

Laois South

Abbeyleix 3
Camross 3
Portlaoise 4
PRT 2
Colt/Shanahoe 3
Ballinakill/Ballypickas 2

Laois North

Portarlington 5
St.Pauls 5
Mountmellick 3
Rosenallis 1
Clonaslee 2
Ballyfin 5

For Reference 2020 u13 Finals

B Final

Mountrath 6-4 Park-Ratheniska-Timahoe 0-16

A Final

Castletown 3-12 Clough-Ballacolla 0-11

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on September 20, 2021, 05:44:50 PM
Actually, there's only 6 in the U15'B', but you're right - this is an excellent way of sorting the men from the boys (!), shall we say! Credit to the juvenile board! Mountrath, for example used to hide in the 'B' championships and pick up handy titles, when this new system shows they're well able for the 'A' standard: this year they got to the u15 'A' final, albeit well beaten by The Harps.

On another note, the Feile hurling finals are on tonight. This year it's u15, and the 'A' semi-finals are Rathdowney/ Errill v Raheen Parish Gaels, and Park-Ratheniska/ Timahoe v The Harps.  I expect an RPG v Harps final.

u13

8 Teams went to A and 8 went to the B after the Preliminary group stages

Your Right  6 to the A at u15 and 8 to the B after the Preliminarys also

Not often I praise the County board but they got this spot on.

Agree with you completely in relation to Mountrath

been lurking around winning B cups,did a clean sweep of them in 2020

now they have been forced by winning games to get out of the B and Lo and Behold they find themselves in an A u15 final and an U13 A semi final beaten both times by the Harps

Ditto PRT,beaten in the U13A final and u15A semifinal both times by the Harps as well

This can only be good for hurling in the county with the player base being widened into the bargain.

Delighted also to see Port making the breakthrough at u15B hopefully they will now start entering a minor team.A couple of excellent hurling men driving the whole show over there.

Hopefully Paul's won't go the way of Margy

burdizzo

St. Paul's won't last, sadly. Port. have a better chance, and even that's not better than 50/50. They'll be tight for minor next year, but it could be done. Great work being done there, is right. Hope it pays off for them. The population is there, and it would be good for the county. All depends on how much support they get from the football club.

SCFC

Quote from: burdizzo on September 24, 2021, 02:32:44 PM
St. Paul's won't last, sadly.
Almost definitely not. Best players will be snapped up by other stronger hurling clubs. Slieve Margy got f***ed over by county board and other clubs and same will happen.

clonadmad

Quote from: SCFC on September 24, 2021, 08:10:19 PM
Quote from: burdizzo on September 24, 2021, 02:32:44 PM
St. Paul's won't last, sadly.
Almost definitely not. Best players will be snapped up by other stronger hurling clubs. Slieve Margy got f***ed over by county board and other clubs and same will happen.

Football followed by the lack of support from the county board is what killed Margy.

There was literally 4 hurling men keeping it going for the last 2/3 years and when 2 of their sons went up to hurl Senior with ballinakill.

The game was up.

Heshs Umpire

The problem for Portarlington will be in 3 years time when that crop of under 15s has to move into adult hurling. They can't all be expected to make up an adult team at the age of 18 and there probably aren't many other 20 something hurlers in the area.
I can't offer a solution either other than what happened with Slieve Margy and the best 4 or 5 lads moved to senior teams.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore