The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Good to see 23 different u12 teams entered in the 2017 go games.

A good few clubs putting in 2 teams.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on February 24, 2017, 07:42:16 PM
Good to see 23 different u12 teams entered in the 2017 go games.

A good few clubs putting in 2 teams.

Raheen Parish Gaels not entering Division 1? Or is that a mistake on the website?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

There wasn't a willingness to have a 9 team Division 1 and then a 6 team Division 2,which is understandable.

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on February 24, 2017, 11:36:32 PM
There wasn't a willingness to have a 9 team Division 1 and then a 6 team Division 2,which is understandable.
Have they only entered 1 team?

clonadmad

Numbers weren't there to justify entering 2 teams

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on February 25, 2017, 11:58:57 AM
I'm genuinely surprised, I'd have thought they'd easily have had the numbers.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on February 25, 2017, 03:09:11 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on February 25, 2017, 11:58:57 AM
I'm genuinely surprised, I'd have thought they'd easily have had the numbers.

Same as.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Laois Under-14 Hurling Panel for 2017 has been announced.

Adam
Ellis
Abbeyleix
Lawson
Obular
Abbeyleix
Darragh
McSpadden
Borris/Kilcotton
Noah
Quinlan
Borris/Kilcotton
Paddy
Sheeran
Borris/Kilcotton
Philip
Tynan
Borris/Kilcotton
Greg
Cuddy
Camross
Jack
Phelan
Camross
Finn
Lalor
Castletown/Slieve Bloom
Cian
Conroy
Clonaslee St Manmans
Padraigh
Brennan
Clough/Ballacolla
Lochlainn
Conway
Clough/Ballacolla
Joe
Corby
Clough/Ballacolla
Cillian
Dunne
Clough/Ballacolla
Paddy
Meade
Clough/Ballacolla
Josh
O'Brien Holmes
Mountrath
Michael
O'Brien
Mountrath
Tom
Fennelly
Na Fianna
Brian
Smith
Portlaoise
DJ
White
Portlaoise
David
O'Brien
Raheen Parish Gaels
Finian
Cuddy
Raheen Parish Gaels
Daniel
Bowe
Rathdowney/Errill
Ben
Campion
Rathdowney/Errill
Ryan
Costigan
Rathdowney/Errill
James
Keegan
Rathdowney/Errill
Padraigh
Rafter
Rathdowney/Errill
Aodh
Bowes
Rosenallis
David
Dooley
Rosenallis
Charlie
Friel
Rosenallis
Alex
Marron
Rosenallis
Darragh
Kelly
The Harps
Cathal
Murphy
The Harps
Stephen
Murphy
The Harps
Jim
O'Connor
The Harps

Ogie

I see a good initiative being set up by Ballacollas Shane Maher & other Laois primary schools starting a Laois Cumann na mBunscoil team to improve our standards we done & best of luck.

Can anyone tell me who is managing & coaching our U12/14/15/16 Laois teams?

clonadmad

Details below on Laois Today,which is a fantastic resource on Twitter for all laois news

The initiative was set up by 2 Tipp teachers,I also heard that a number of schools refused to participate as the principals aren't that bothered about Gaelic games.

The hurling team is due to be announced shortly

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/03/02/laois-cumann-na-mbuncol-announce-new-initiative/

redsetanta

It's great to hear some positive news o this front and well done to all those involved. Hopefully over time everyone will come on board from the schools around the county. Have to get the kids involved from as young an age as possible and make sure they enjoy it and want to stay.
Great news.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

blueandwhite1

Quote from: clonadmad on March 03, 2017, 11:53:29 AM
Details below on Laois Today,which is a fantastic resource on Twitter for all laois news

The initiative was set up by 2 Tipp teachers,I also heard that a number of schools refused to participate as the principals aren't that bothered about Gaelic games.

http://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/03/02/laois-cumann-na-mbuncol-announce-new-initiative/

This is brilliant and should be encouraged at club level. In areas like Portlaoise in particular it could be revolutionary. Much of Waterford's success seems to come from promotion of GAA in the city and they have huge participation at schools levels.

If there are schools who are not involved in GAA promotion, they should be named and shamed. I'm sure not all the parents would be happy with disinterested principals.

clonadmad

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on March 03, 2017, 01:43:24 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on March 03, 2017, 11:53:29 AM

This is brilliant and should be encouraged at club level. In areas like Portlaoise in particular it could be revolutionary. Much of Waterford's success seems to come from promotion of GAA in the city and they have huge participation at schools levels.

If there are schools who are not involved in GAA promotion, they should be named and shamed. I'm sure not all the parents would be happy with disinterested principals.

Its a curious one all right,its not as if the principals concerned actually have to do anything,one of the alleged schools recently won a C na B Division 1 title.

redsetanta

If it's anyway successfull the remaining schools would be pressurised into participating. In fairness there would be plenty of schoolkids playing for clubs that would be going to different schools so nobody would want to be left out.
You wouldn't need to name and shame schools if a list of those participating was made public.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

TP Ashe

Great to have ideas coming from the Tipps of this world. Credit to the teachers, especially thosefrom outside Laois.
I'd go easy on the schools too; this seems to be year 1. Let's see how it goes next year....