Author Topic: The Future for Laois Football  (Read 28955 times)

Keyser SŲze

• View Profile
Re: The Future for Laois Football
« Reply #285 on: October 16, 2021, 11:50:12 AM »
He wasnít exactly been slandered?
Strange intervention!

Jesus the mods would be busy If that is the standard for intervention
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

on the hop

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 18, 2021, 12:24:42 AM »
Wasnít much quality for the new manager who was in the stand today. Worryingly some of the possibles donít seem to be progressing and a few of the older players look way off form.

Ballybrittas Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 18, 2021, 11:51:42 AM »
Wasnít much quality for the new manager who was in the stand today. Worryingly some of the possibles donít seem to be progressing and a few of the older players look way off form.

Yeah, you'd have to agree. Diarmuid Whelan only came into it in the second half. O'Flynn did well defensively but couldn't get forward enough. Barry did well but he doesn't play to this level enough.
Didn't see any potential new players really.

Silkyskillssunshinee

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 18, 2021, 06:58:32 PM »

Yeah, you'd have to agree. Diarmuid Whelan only came into it in the second half. O'Flynn did well defensively but couldn't get forward enough. Barry did well but he doesn't play to this level enough.
Didn't see any potential new players really.

I thought Aaron Carroll done well for Ballyroan in on Kinsella. Heís been at those divisional trial games before and didnít look out of his depth.

Shaun Fitzpatrick is a real prospect. Set up the second goal really well. Heís U-20 again next season I think but is definitely one to look at after that. Davin McEvoy is another young lad whoís very athletic and has a big left boot on him.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 18, 2021, 07:43:11 PM »
Maybe the beginning of the change we are all looking for but I doubt it...

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2021/10/18/laois-gaa-chairman-not-seeking-re-election-ahead-of-county-convention/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Spiritof86

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 18, 2021, 08:53:38 PM »
Yeah I wouldnít be holding my breath regarding a change Junior unfortunately  🤦‍♂️

Laois man

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 18, 2021, 09:25:41 PM »
So who is in line to be new Chairman? Hardly Tim Clear😭

Tier2

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 18, 2021, 10:39:22 PM »

Unless he goes and takes half of the current musical chair brigade it'll be awhile before we see a turn of direction.
While there is maybe 6 of the current executive doing positive work you can't outrun apathy it's like mud you'll eventually fade.

New blood contesting on many positions is the only way

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2021/10/18/laois-gaa-chairman-not-seeking-re-election-ahead-of-county-convention/

High Fielder

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 18, 2021, 10:57:17 PM »
Looks like they did a right job on him. Not even taking a softer seat. Gone completely.

clonadmad

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 18, 2021, 11:36:24 PM »

Unless he goes and takes half of the current musical chair brigade it'll be awhile before we see a turn of direction.
While there is maybe 6 of the current executive doing positive work you can't outrun apathy it's like mud you'll eventually fade.

6?

Thatís being extremely generous

Tier2

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 19, 2021, 08:02:32 AM »

6?

Thatís being extremely generous
[/quote

Probably right to be fair saying 6 more like 4.

What is a bug bearer is the way you can hold a position for  5 years if you couldn't do musical chairs that would be beneficial but the fact you can hop into another vacancy for a further 5 and do this unlimited times is a breeding ground for cronyism I'd reduce this to 4 years max possibly 3.

I'd put a cap of 8 years accumulated in any positions to be the maximum any person could serve on the executive in any position

Hopefully the hurling side of the county run a number of candidates in an organised supportive campaign to put the pressure on the status quo.

I wouldn't be in the habit of naming a person but the current vice chair going to the actual chair would be a non progressive development