Official Kerry GAA Thread

Started by Kerry Mike, February 23, 2007, 04:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Some achievement for Paul Galvin this year - some haul of medals - what age is Maurice Fitz ?

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: magickingdom on November 11, 2007, 09:54:21 PM
feale rangers 1-4 south Kerry 0-6.

a tough tense affair with little enough flowing football led to a low scoring game.

Just about sums up Kerry football these days.

magickingdom

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on November 11, 2007, 10:37:36 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on November 11, 2007, 09:54:21 PM
feale rangers 1-4 south Kerry 0-6.

a tough tense affair with little enough flowing football led to a low scoring game.

Just about sums up Kerry football these days.

its called november football in kerry  ;)

magickingdom

john mitchels survive in div 2 by beating jack o connors dromid by 2 points! i'm so happy!. an gaeltach win the co league with dara o se sent off. finally looks like dara o cinneide has hung up the boots and played his last game for an gaeltach, if so all kerry supporters will be wishing him well, a great servant for kerry over the last 16 years

5 Sams

Well lads,

Ba mhaith liom nasc a fail d'oraid Phaidi Se i 1985.

I was wondering if any of you lads have a link to Paidi's full speeech in 85.

Mile maith agaibh

5 Sams

an Dun
The Aristocrat Years

magickingdom

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 14, 2007, 11:46:20 PM
Well lads,

Ba mhaith liom nasc a fail d'oraid Phaidi Se i 1985.

I was wondering if any of you lads have a link to Paidi's full speeech in 85.

Mile maith agaibh

5 Sams

an Dun

listen and learn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWFYpjRm3Ik

Kerry Mike

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Davitt Man

lads i was up till 5 last nite with a few lads trying to figure out who the kerry manager was before micko took over??

5 Sams

listen and learn!

[/quote]

No Magic...I meant the full speech....surely he spoke for more than 2 minutes??
The Aristocrat Years

magickingdom

Quote from: Davitt Man on December 29, 2007, 03:34:26 PM
lads i was up till 5 last nite with a few lads trying to figure out who the kerry manager was before micko took over??

pretty sure it was johnny cullothy from killarney whose still going strong..

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 31, 2007, 02:08:45 AM

listen and learn!

No Magic...I meant the full speech....surely he spoke for more than 2 minutes??
[/quote]

sorry 5 sams thats all i got!

5 Sams

GAA star ties knot in private

By Donal Hickey
KERRY football star Tomás Ó Sé and his long-time sweetheart, Hillary Nic Eoin, both 29, got married this week and didn't tell their families until the last minute.

Only the couple, their two-year-old son Micheál, and witnesses, Aodan Mac Gearailt and his fiancée, Janet Ryan, were in Killarney registry office for the ceremony, on Tuesday.

Hillary phoned her mother, Ann Nic Eoin, from Baile na nGall, near Dingle, just before they tied the knot.

Tomás, the holder of four All-Ireland medals, is understood to have sent text messages to his family and close friends.

Along with the witnesses and Micheál, they celebrated at a private dinner in a Cork hotel.

Aodan Mac Gearailt is a life-long friend and plays for the Gaeltacht football team with Tomás.

Ann Nic Eoin said she was delighted for her daughter and new son-in-law.

"They're a lovely couple and I know they'll be very happy together," she said.

Tomás did not attend a Kerry team training session in Killarney on Tuesday night, but his brother, Marc, informed teammates of the good news.

Tomás, one of three footballing brothers who received All-Star awards last year, is a teacher at the Gaelscoil de hIde, in Fermoy, Co Cork.

Hillary is a secondary teacher at Mount Mercy College in Cork.

The couple did not go on a Kerry team holiday to the US after Christmas prompting speculation among some team members that something might be afoot.

"Tomás is a fairly shy man who eschews the limelight. Anybody that knows him well won't be surprised to learn that he opted to get married in as low profile a manner as possible," said one player.

Tomás, from Ventry, and Hillary have known each other since their teens.

The Ó Sé and Mac Eoin families will toast the newlyweds at a private celebration dinner this weekend.

Congrats to the happy couple. I met Tomas when I was in Kerry at Christmas. Seems like a sound fella.
The Aristocrat Years

Aaron Boone

Fair play Tómas. There was a great picture in the Sunday Independent sports section b4 Christmas of Eoin Brosnan's wedding. The Gooch and Pat O'Shea were at the end of the guard of honour beside the camera.

magickingdom

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 18, 2008, 06:46:02 PM
Only the couple, their two-year-old son Micheál, and witnesses, Aodan Mac Gearailt and his fiancée, Janet Ryan, were in Killarney registry

best of luck to the two of them, hope michael keeps the kerry flag flying in the years to come... (no presure  ;D)

OakLeaf

I've added a new Live Scores feature to GAA Radio. If you're at any Kerry club games it'd be good if you could text score updates to 447624804328. This service is free for everyone to view at http://www.gaaradio.com/scores/liveScores.jsp . Thanks.

magickingdom

Byes
Feale Rangers and An Gaeltacht

Club Section

Preliminary Round

Ardfert V Laune Rangers
Keirns O Rahillys V Dr Crokes

Round 1

Ardfert/Laune Rangers V Kilcummin
John Mitchels V Dingle
Austin Stacks V Legion
O'Rahillys/Crokes V Rathmore