Official Kerry GAA Thread

Started by Kerry Mike, February 23, 2007, 04:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aroundincircles

good luck in the final kerins orahillys are a great club. I also see there was an orahillys in wexford football final unfortnatley they got beat. Once again up the ORAHILLYS.

Kerry Mike

Well done to KO'R's but dissapointed that South Kerry did not make the final again, they have had a great run over the last 5 years. Fair play to Jack O'Connor for guiding Rahilly's back to a county final .

So its Mid Kerry v Rahilly's in the final, the country lads against the townies of Strand road ,has the makings of a good game, MK hammered Killorglin in the semi and Darren O'Sullivan is in a serious vein of form this year. But KO'R have the makings of a serious looking team, with Declan Quill, Mike Quirke, David Moran and the Walsh Brothers leading the way in style.

The Kerry captain for 2009 will come from the winners, if Darragh O'Se retires either of Quirke or Moran could be be his replacement and if MK win Darren will have a huge opportunity to stake a claim to a starting spot for next season with the Kingdom, some would say he was unlucky not to claim one this year. But thats for talk over the turkey at Christmas , there is lots of football to be played yet.

I'd say all the talk of Jack's return to the Kerry hot seat will be put on hold for a few weeks given their glut of club games coming up. Bizarely Kerins O'Rahilly will now play Nemo Rangers next weekend in the Munster Senior club before they face into their senior county final which does not have a date fixed yet. As the only club team left in the Kerry championship they will represent Kerry in the Munster club championship and with the Munster club fixtures now taking precedence that game will now have to be played, not ideal preperation for either game and a huige test of their panel and Jack's management but KO'R v Nemo should be a cracker. The Norries against the Langers has a certain ring to it  :P

In the Intermediate final Gneeveguilla play St. Michaels/Foilmore ,at Austin Stack Park, 19:45 on Wednesday 5th November and the winners then have to play a Munster Intermediate game on the 9th of November against Clonmel so not much time for any celebrating.

Fixtures in Kerry are a mess like many other counties and yet there are loads of local games still to be played, will make for a busy Nov and Dec.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Kerry Mike

Looks like Barry John Walsh picked up a nasty leg injury today in the game with Nemo, looked on TV like his ankle was smashed, hope he has a speedy receovery.  Very disapointed that the medical team did not even have a blanket to put over the lad as he was being attended to on the field and while being stretchered off, it was one cold and wet day in Langer land. Nemo took their chances and the 2 goals were the main turning points. Ref was deplorable but that for another day.

Rahilly's now have to pick it up from scratch for next weekend County Final. At Least it frees up Jack O'Connor for the County team as there will be no extended Munster club run for the Norries.

Well done to St Michael/Foilmore on winning the County Intermediate title underlights midweek and keeping the South Kerry flag flying.
They also beat Clonmel Og by 1-10 to 1-5 today in the Munster Intermediate club and play Tramore next weekend.

Also well done to Skellig Rangers on getting to the County Junior final where they will play Beale.

Both of them being involved will not help the long delayed South Kerry Championship which kicked off at the weekend. Looks like a St Stephen's day final again to decide the Jack Murphy Cup.

South Kerry Championship results
Dromid 0-7 Valentia 0-5
Derrynane 1-8 Waterville 1-12

Derrynane nearly pulled off the shock of the footballing year by beating near neighbours and well fancied Waterville, but for a late Denis Dwyer penalty it would have been an Historic day for the Derrynane lads. One of these fecking years. Now for some gloating from Frank Casey !!!

AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

magickingdom

mid kerry 1-7 o rahallys 0-9. crazy finish today with a last minute penalty to mid kerry which they converted for the 1 point win. congrats to mid kerry on becoming county champions. i have to say i was sick with the penalty but as i like a lot of others was busy watching a fight on the 45 i missed it..

Kerry Mike

Best of luck to the 2 Kerry clubs in the All Ireland Junior and Intermediate football finals tomorrow in Croke Park.

A fantistic achievement for a very rural and sparsley populated area of the country. Ballinskelligs/Foilmore and Skelligs Rangers, Hope they do the parish of Prior and South Kerry proud.
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

aroundincircles

Mike i was in  croke park good evenings football.. Can you answer me this was ronan oconnor playing for the kingdom 2 years ago?? He looks badly out of shape if he was..

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Quote from: Kerry Mike on February 14, 2009, 12:58:47 AM
Best of luck to the 2 Kerry clubs in the All Ireland Junior and Intermediate football finals tomorrow in Croke Park.

A fantistic achievement for a very rural and sparsley populated area of the country. Ballinskelligs/Foilmore and Skelligs Rangers, Hope they do the parish of Prior and South Kerry proud.

they did the business anyway! fairplay!

carnaross

Anybody moving to Leeds in Yorkshire are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps, a club with a great attitude and very sociable. Just captured the Pennine League (Div. 2) and looking to go on to bigger and better things in Yorkshire. For more information go to:http://stbenedictsharps.intheteam.com
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

kilkenny footballer

i think gooch being moved to chf is a great move! gets the main man on the ball more....... views?

DownFanatic

Templenoe top of division 2 in Kerry leagues and junior champs.
St Mary's mid table in same division and provincial intermediate champs.
There's five divisions in your county.
Kerry teams have great success in the IFC and JFC.
Why is a division two league team playing JFC?

cut the crap

Kerry Gaels how good are St Mary's Cahericriveen

kerryforsam2018

Would like to see Peter Kane get the job with Donie Buckley, Declan Sullivan and Liam Kearns in backroom team

kerryforsam2018

Dr Crokes beaten by Kerin O'Rahillys but can still win championship through backdoor.