Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristo 60

Good news about Benny McArdle. Of course , in the real world when justice fails there's usually some sort of compensation involved somewhere along the way. We'll get nothing from the GAA so I guess we'll just have to look to the Gods and/or Karma in our search for Sam 2015.

A man from Down

True, if he had of stayed on we might well have won the game. His dismissal ruined it as a spectacle. Anyways Jim, has used a fair few players during the league but who do we think will play against Derry ?

I go for:

Kane

O'Hagan    Howard   Turley

Devlin      McArdle     McGovern

Madine    Turley

McKernan  Poland     Maginn

O'Hare    Lavery     Mooney

A man from Down

Quote from: rosskarr on May 18, 2015, 12:26:05 PM
Quote from: Rodders88 on May 18, 2015, 11:55:10 AM
The Harps looking very good this year. Would have been most peoples favorites to finish in the bottom 6 and  be playing Division 2 football next year.  Few more wins should see them safe with half the league campaign to go. Looked very fit on Friday night and looked like they had more in the tank. Very impressive.

Was very disappointed in the Bridge, they looked very average and was expecting a lot more from them. Anyone know if they had many missing? Benny must have been carrying an injury as he didn't start the game and wasn't very influential. Showed in patches that he still has that bit of class but not enough over the 40mins or so that he was on the filed.

Joe Murphy had a great game in Midfield, surely must be worth a look for the county team? Also Tieran Rushe is going to be a special player, was excellent again on Friday .
as I said on the Davison thread--once a soccer player always a soccer head.

"soccer head" showing your knowledge there....

If they are good enough and committed well then bring them in.

rosskarr

Quote from: A man from Down on May 18, 2015, 02:27:20 PM
Quote from: rosskarr on May 18, 2015, 12:26:05 PM
Quote from: Rodders88 on May 18, 2015, 11:55:10 AM
The Harps looking very good this year. Would have been most peoples favorites to finish in the bottom 6 and  be playing Division 2 football next year.  Few more wins should see them safe with half the league campaign to go. Looked very fit on Friday night and looked like they had more in the tank. Very impressive.

Was very disappointed in the Bridge, they looked very average and was expecting a lot more from them. Anyone know if they had many missing? Benny must have been carrying an injury as he didn't start the game and wasn't very influential. Showed in patches that he still has that bit of class but not enough over the 40mins or so that he was on the filed.

Joe Murphy had a great game in Midfield, surely must be worth a look for the county team? Also Tieran Rushe is going to be a special player, was excellent again on Friday .
as I said on the Davison thread--once a soccer player always a soccer head.

"soccer head" showing your knowledge there....

If they are good enough and committed well then bring them in.
Committed until pre-season soccer training starts.

Rodders88

Correct me if I'm wrong RossKarr but my understanding is that Tieran is training and playing away with the Harps seniors and Down minors and isn't playing any soccer at all. You know something the rest of us don't?

Mourne Rover

A Man from Down's team is likely to be fairly close to the starting line-up for Celtic Park, allowing for positional switches. Peter Fitzpatrick is also in contention at midfield, and there could be a couple of tight calls in defence as well.

Derry is always a tough place to go, but it may be worth noting that three counties we beat in D2, Galway, Westmeath and Laois, all had comfortable championship wins at the weekend.

Regardless of who gets through on June 7, the USC could still be an open contest. Donegal are strong, but it was surprising to see an ordinary enough Tyrone side create so many goal chances yesterday.

supersub

Who is this Lavery fella you speak of? :D

charlieTully

Quote from: supersub on May 18, 2015, 07:04:13 PM
Who is this Lavery fella you speak of? :D

you havent said much about the local derbie, any excitment at it?

supersub

Ah sure she passed off peacefully with hugs and kisses all round, nothing to see here... :o

Still not sure how I feel about the result, it really could have gone either way and a draw is probably fair enough although I'm not sure who would be happier with it. Rostrevor certainly weren't letting the missing bodies affect them and played well for most of the first half to go in up by 3 at half time. Point got two goals and we got one within the first ten mins. A penalty each plus another. But for the two goals the Reds would have been seriously in control, although that means little. Second half Shaun Parr got a black card 5 mins in and Niall Farrell went off injured, a couple of minors came on but for the next ten mins point took over. 8/9 kickouts in a row they won and destroyed us. Never more than a point in it if I'm correct and it took a last min free to draw the game for us. In saying that we missed a couple of frees too. Bit of a row broke out second half, sidelines involved too, wasn't nice to see but always going to spill over at some point. Point are a good team, very young but seem to be going ok. John Boyle came on second half and was decent for them. Hard to tell at this stage who will do better this year - a championship meeting would be very very interesting.  ;D

elk

Went to the game myself as it looked like being the most evenly contested local match with the local derby element added in. I would agree with Supersub could have went either way and a draw was a fair result. There was a bit of a wrestling match between a few players and some of the sideline personnel were involved to but it didn't take away from an enjoyable game. Even though both teams were missing key players they showed enough to make me think they both have a reasonable chance of staying up.

fairplay

Quiet times these days and looking through various other County Websites
and I must say the Down one is up there with the best of them.

Leftmidfield

i was at the derbie (or is it Derby) too and agree with your version of events Supersub. I am also not sure how I feel about the result as it definitely could have gone either way. I'm not familiar with the rostrevor team so how many were you actually missing ? Talk before the game was you were going to be missing 6 Or 7. If that was a ploy for the Point to be complacent then maybe it worked.

Shanemulholland

Rosskarr you are a tool. The lad played GAA throughout the entire year for club minor, reserve and senior and for county and school. You have no idea what you are talking about. Because he's a talented soccer player? Is that your grudge. Really annoys me reading some of the stuff posted on here!

clowry13

Rosskarr shows how much you know when he's gave the soccer up to concentrate on down minors and ballyholland, you fool.

rosskarr

Quote from: Shanemulholland on May 19, 2015, 10:00:46 PM
Rosskarr you are a tool. The lad played GAA throughout the entire year for club minor, reserve and senior and for county and school. You have no idea what you are talking about. Because he's a talented soccer player? Is that your grudge. Really annoys me reading some of the stuff posted on here!
A lot of it annoys me too but you usually get used
to it after a while . With you being a new member :o and all that. :o