Tailteann Cup 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, May 03, 2024, 01:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheedy

The season is too condensed to give the tailteann cup proper coverage and promotion. The tailteann cup quarter finals and semi finals need to be on a weekend when there is no Sam Maguire football, at the minute tailteann coverage is being swallowed up the coverage given to the Sam Maguire teams.
nil satis nisi optimum

Armagh18

Quote from: Sheedy on June 16, 2024, 03:17:20 PMThe season is too condensed to give the tailteann cup proper coverage and promotion. The tailteann cup quarter finals and semi finals need to be on a weekend when there is no Sam Maguire football, at the minute tailteann coverage is being swallowed up the coverage given to the Sam Maguire teams.
Yeah agree with this or would it not be possible to play all TC on Saturday all Sam on Sunday?

FermGael

Motion defeated
Tailtean cup stays on the Sunday
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

AnDúnAbú94

Common sense prevails, I'm delighted.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Sheedy

nil satis nisi optimum

snoopdog

Quote from: AnDúnAbú94 on June 16, 2024, 08:52:21 PMCommon sense prevails, I'm delighted.
2 words not often associated with the GAA.

johnnycool

Quote from: snoopdog on June 16, 2024, 10:33:30 PM
Quote from: AnDúnAbú94 on June 16, 2024, 08:52:21 PMCommon sense prevails, I'm delighted.
2 words not often associated with the GAA.

Needed a 2/3's majority and didn't get it but Tony McEntee hasn't the first clue about hurling evidently.


blanketattack

Quote from: AnDúnAbú94 on June 16, 2024, 08:52:21 PMCommon sense prevails, I'm delighted.

There wasn't much common sense in attendance.
57% voted to move fixtures, so basically all the hurling counties.
Pig ignorant by Wexford and the others. They knew this fixture was happening since last December and wait until the last minute to change it.

Why have the hurling crowd got it in for the Tailteann Cup so much?
First, Donald Og includes it his rant last year and now this.

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on June 17, 2024, 10:36:36 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on June 16, 2024, 10:33:30 PM
Quote from: AnDúnAbú94 on June 16, 2024, 08:52:21 PMCommon sense prevails, I'm delighted.
2 words not often associated with the GAA.

Needed a 2/3's majority and didn't get it but Tony McEntee hasn't the first clue about hurling evidently.



He's an awful gobshite turned out.

Pub Bore

Fermanagh want to have a good hard look at themselves after that result.

jcpen

Quote from: blanketattack on June 17, 2024, 10:51:34 AM
Quote from: AnDúnAbú94 on June 16, 2024, 08:52:21 PMCommon sense prevails, I'm delighted.

There wasn't much common sense in attendance.
57% voted to move fixtures, so basically all the hurling counties.
Pig ignorant by Wexford and the others. They knew this fixture was happening since last December and wait until the last minute to change it.

Why have the hurling crowd got it in for the Tailteann Cup so much?
First, Donald Og includes it his rant last year and now this.
Antrim and Laois are hurling counties, be interesting to see what way they voted.
NEUTRAL
ALSO NOT FROM LAOIS!

NorthAntrim

Antrim were shocking first half and fermanagh shocking the second. Antrims handling errors let them down badly and i think Fermanagh thought the game was dead and couldnt get going again when needed. Bad losers too, full time whistle shake hands and move on.

Brewster park BTW. Major facelift needed as a county ground. Starting with the toilets!

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: NorthAntrim on June 17, 2024, 11:41:05 AMAntrim were shocking first half and fermanagh shocking the second. Antrims handling errors let them down badly and i think Fermanagh thought the game was dead and couldnt get going again when needed. Bad losers too, full time whistle shake hands and move on.

Brewster park BTW. Major facelift needed as a county ground. Starting with the toilets!

Always thought Brewster was a nice ground.

Has it gotten run down in recent years?

Rossfan

#179
Quote from: blanketattack on June 17, 2024, 10:51:34 AM
Quote from: AnDúnAbú94 on June 16, 2024, 08:52:21 PMCommon sense prevails, I'm delighted.

There wasn't much common sense in attendance.
57% voted to move fixtures, so basically all the hurling counties.

Very disappointing that so many of them would vote to disrespect the 4 Tailteann Counties.

If this proposal was floated a month ago .....but a week before the fixtures.
Disgraceful and it seems Saint Jarlath was pushing it.

He needs to be kept away from microphones for a while.
Berating Counties who have groups in their Championships but not a whisper about the Munster SHC.

Hmmmm.....€6m reasons for that of course.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM