European Final

Started by Kerry Mike, May 21, 2008, 10:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 27, 2008, 01:37:13 PM
QuoteDinny, were you seriously 'neutral' on Saturday? I haven't come across any other Irish person who wasn't roaring Munster on.

Yea I was pretty impassive, just wanted to watch a good game which it was until the 60th minute mark, granted I think I was the only one in the pub not to cheer when Munster scored.

For the record I have no issue with the Munster Team per se, just the bandwagon, hyperbole and BS associated with it. Even their style isn't an issue, it's just that negative pick and drive that bugs me.

I watched the last twenty minutes standing up as it had gone beyond edge of the seat stuff. I enjoyed it and was impressed by the execution of the tactics but can see where Dinny's coming from re the pick and drive. My main problem with it is lads binding onto the ball carrier before he makes contact and then flopping to the ground with him to protect the ball. Lets be honest here if the english did this to us in the six nations we'd be seriously pissed off. Look at the first of Kerry Mike's photos above, POC is already binding to Flannery before he meets the tackle, i'm sure if you had a follow up picture they'd both be on their snouts a second later, not only does this make for an unfair contest at the breakdown its bloody dangerous imo. Give a scrum against for binding too soon and a penalty for going to ground with the ball carrier, maybe that would stop it.

That being said, i thought the winning of the game was Munster's ability to turn over toulouse ball in just those type of contact situations and POC was by a street MOM. Back to his best.
Don't Panic