James McClean

Started by thewobbler, July 19, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 07, 2015, 10:03:43 PM
The main issue, as far as I can see, is not with people who choose to wear them but the scorn poured upon those who don't.

Yep arseholes the lot of them... Anybody that pours scorn over someone's beliefs is a bellend.... So.e people should take that on board... I've already said fair fucks to the lad
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

HiMucker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2015, 09:41:37 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on November 07, 2015, 09:24:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2015, 07:21:38 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on November 07, 2015, 07:09:35 PM

MR2 - concisely, what's your issue with McClean not wearing a poppy?

Nothing fair f**ks to him, is that concisely enough?? But this crap that people are being made to wear one is utter bullshit... Its 2015 not the 1800's ...As for Mcclean in general he courts controversy but I cant knock him for standing up for his belief's..

We all in life do things that we don't want to do he's chosen to do his in the public eye..... Be alright though all he needs to do is buy another wheelchair or give someone a nice Xmas gift...
Your wrong about that milltown.  Thomas Niblock was taken off air by the bbc for a while for not wearing one.  Plenty of other examples.  The pundits would all be told to wear one.  Plenty of noble English men have given off about poppy facism (perfect term) that has been in overdrive for some years now

Did he lose his job?? Did they stop his wages?? Is he still working for the BBC? Some people have little to worry about... Do you get annoyed at flegs ??
no I don't get annoyed.  But I think there is a difference from having little to bother you and voicing a discontent with something being forced upon people.  I honestly don't have a problem with someone wearing one.  For me it's like charity, you should be doing it for the right reasons not just to be seen doing it.  Granted I think this is media generated problem.  The number of people wearing a poppy on British media, ie 99.9% does not reflect the general public. 

HiMucker

Hardstation beat me to it.  That's it in nutshell really

Milltown Row2

Quote from: HiMucker on November 07, 2015, 10:21:36 PM
Hardstation beat me to it.  That's it in nutshell really

Yeah I agree that people wearing them for the wrong reasons are wrong, that's simple... Only have to go to shankill rathcoole this Sunday to see people wearing them and using it as a platform for all the wrong reasons...

But whole feck lads its fecking stupid getting your knickers in a twist over it and fighting other peoples battles... If they are man enough and against it they wont wear it...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

I was in a shopping centre in Bangor yesterday and was surprised at the amount of people not wearing them and that was with a bl stall in the middle of it.

balladmaker

Fair play to James McClean, he's made his position very clear from the outset, stands by his believes and won't compromise them for anyone.  The fact that he doesn't wear one in no way denigrates or insults those who died in the two world wars, why should it.  However, the blatant anti-Irish sentiments in the press and in Old Trafford yesterday under the guise of the poppy issue need to be questioned.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: balladmaker on November 08, 2015, 08:58:54 PM
Fair play to James McClean, he's made his position very clear from the outset, stands by his believes and won't compromise them for anyone.  The fact that he doesn't wear one in no way denigrates or insults those who died in the two world wars, why should it.  However, the blatant anti-Irish sentiments in the press and in Old Trafford yesterday under the guise of the poppy issue need to be questioned.

Would you agree it would have been the same in any stadium? No anti Irish think you are making that bit up, huge generalization.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 08, 2015, 09:02:43 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on November 08, 2015, 08:58:54 PM

Would you agree it would have been the same in any stadium? No anti Irish think you are making that bit up, huge generalization.

Don't think it is anti-Irish. It's more a group of people who don't realise the issue(s). Also with football fans they'll jump on any bandwagon to put down an opposition player.

5 Sams

Poppies, Lilys, Flegs,..all bollix. Move on. I'm starting to think Jarlath was right.
The Aristocrat Years

balladmaker

QuoteWould you agree it would have been the same in any stadium? No anti Irish think you are making that bit up, huge generalization.

I agree that it would happen in any stadium ... in England.  I also think that if it was an Italian or French or a player from any other nationality other than Ireland who would not wear the poppy, there'd be no more said about it, it would be a non-story.  There's an ongoing campaign against James McClean who is obviously proud to be Irish and wants no part in their jingoistic rituals relating to centuries of war-mongering around the globe, if he was anything other than Irish, there'd be no mention of it ... in  my opinion.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: balladmaker on November 08, 2015, 09:46:46 PM
QuoteWould you agree it would have been the same in any stadium? No anti Irish think you are making that bit up, huge generalization.

I agree that it would happen in any stadium ... in England.  I also think that if it was an Italian or French or a player from any other nationality other than Ireland who would not wear the poppy, there'd be no more said about it, it would be a non-story.  There's an ongoing campaign against James McClean who is obviously proud to be Irish and wants no part in their jingoistic rituals relating to centuries of war-mongering around the globe, if he was anything other than Irish, there'd be no mention of it ... in  my opinion.

I'd say all the Irish players in the EPL are proud to be Irish, what other nationalities do is up to them. Anyone wearing one does so because they want to, that's simple.... You are giving off about people giving off!! If James was born in the Waterside he'd be playing for N.Ireland and wearing two poppies' and you'd be giving off... Thankfully that's it for another year, we can find something to offend us pretty quick

bennydorano

Sure it is, Armistice Day is the 11th November, today is just Remembrance Sunday.

ashman

There is little or nothing about mcclean in the uk media.  He got a bit of abuse the last few weekend but most don't give a fiddlers fcuk . 

I fully support McClean on the poppy but last weekend he had two tweets gloating the Sunderland and Rangers got beat drawing ire of loons. 

stew

Quote from: ashman on November 08, 2015, 10:29:48 PM

There is little or nothing about mcclean in the uk media.  He got a bit of abuse the last few weekend but most don't give a fiddlers fcuk . 

I fully support McClean on the poppy but last weekend he had two tweets gloating the Sunderland and Rangers got beat drawing ire of loons.

So what? He is entitled to gloat like any other football fan!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.