James McClean

Started by thewobbler, July 19, 2015, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 11, 2015, 09:25:49 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on August 11, 2015, 09:22:48 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 10, 2015, 11:53:00 PM
World still turning
Indeed I don't think there's been an event that has changed that, and certainly not one originating from the GAA board.

Should we down keyboards?

Yes
On all topics that don't stop the world turning?

You really shouldn't have bothered replying to me at all then.

magpie seanie

Quote from: laoislad on August 11, 2015, 10:16:39 AM
McClean should be more concerned about getting hauled off at half time on his debut than anything a commentator says.

I'm sure he is.

gallsman

Someone on twitter pointed out that he'd hardly refer to Sterling as "the Jamaican" which I thought quite funny. True, too.

snoopdog

Is mc clean not from Derry Londonderry and is that 2 named city not in a place recognised as northern ireland. God some people have little to worry about

Orior

Quote from: gallsman on August 11, 2015, 11:00:33 AM
Someone on twitter pointed out that he'd hardly refer to Sterling as "the Jamaican" which I thought quite funny. True, too.

Once the truth is out about drug junkie Mo Farah then he will become Mohammad Farah.

I suspect a similar fate for the cricketer Moeen Ali.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

deiseach

Quote from: Orior on August 11, 2015, 12:53:47 PM

Once the truth is out about drug junkie Mo Farah then he will become Mohammad Farah.

Hmm. Monty Panesar has not become Mudhsuden Singh Panesar now that he is on slow slide to obscurity (and possibly worse).

Walter Cronc

Quote from: deiseach on August 11, 2015, 12:58:07 PM
Quote from: Orior on August 11, 2015, 12:53:47 PM

Hmm. Monty Panesar has not become Mudhsuden Singh Panesar now that he is on slow slide to obscurity (and possibly worse).

Monty is a Sikh. Big difference in attitudes towards Sikhs and Muslims

deiseach

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 11, 2015, 01:00:09 PM

I recall being sat on a bus where a passenger pointed at a Sikh outside and yelled "f*** off Bin Laden!" I think you overstate how clued in people are about the differences between the two.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: deiseach on August 11, 2015, 02:09:12 PM

I recall being sat on a bus where a passenger pointed at a Sikh outside and yelled "f*** off Bin Laden!" I think you overstate how clued in people are about the differences between the two.

I wasn't referring to the general public, more the written press and sporting media.

deiseach

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 11, 2015, 02:12:56 PM
I wasn't referring to the general public, more the written press and sporting media.

Fair enough, you might be right there.

muppet

Quote from: deiseach on August 11, 2015, 02:09:12 PM

Was it Dan Quayle?
MWWSI 2017

mylestheslasher

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 11, 2015, 09:45:08 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on August 11, 2015, 08:59:48 AM
Quote from: cornerback on August 10, 2015, 11:03:50 PM
http://www.joe.ie/sport/sky-sports-commentator-says-james-mcclean-is-from-londonderry-twitter-gets-angry/507643

Was checking The Guardian live match feed last night and even they pointed out how odd that Alan Parry refer to him as the 'NorthernIreland man from Londonderry....

I don't think it was odd - it was very pointed though. Lads have been sacked for less by this same company. Pretty poor from the commentator is you ask me.

I have a skybox thing that allows me to watch Sky for free (well for £20 a year) , all the channels and sport etc. I think I am going to get two more now and cancel the basic sky package I have. Alan Parry would be better talk shite about soccer than talk shite about something his tiny brain cant comprehend.

michaelg

Alan Parry and James McClean are two (Petty) peas in a pod.

theticklemister

A message from Sean Dolans GAC (Creggan, Derry City)

The club would like to thank former Sean Dolans player and West Brom and Ireland winger James McClean for offering to sponsor a new team kit for the senior team. Fair play James for not forgetting your roots and thanks very much

general_lee