Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: fearsiuil on September 07, 2021, 11:17:21 AM
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1434518004876857347?t=xdcCOZK7HKi3i3K5K72tqA&s=19

Philly

There are plenty of small towns and rural areas across the US where the ravages of drugs have taken their toll too and it looks, especially in slow motion, like a scene from the Walking Dead.

A few blocks around a methadone clinic or whatever that place was doesn't mean Philly or other US cities are on their knees, despite what alt-right lowlifes like Posobiec would have you believe.

johnnycool

Quote from: J70 on September 07, 2021, 12:56:24 PM
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1434518004876857347?t=xdcCOZK7HKi3i3K5K72tqA&s=19

Philly

There are plenty of small towns and rural areas across the US where the ravages of drugs have taken their toll too and it looks, especially in slow motion, like a scene from the Walking Dead.

A few blocks around a methadone clinic or whatever that place was doesn't mean Philly or other US cities are on their knees, despite what alt-right lowlifes like Posobiec would have you believe.

Is that video entirely genuine?

Frightening if it is.

J70

Quote from: johnnycool on September 07, 2021, 01:29:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 07, 2021, 12:56:24 PM

Philly

Is that video entirely genuine?

Frightening if it is.

It may well be.

I've seen a similar one from Las Vegas where a taxi driver made a film down a particular cul de sac where homeless addicts congregate in a tent city.

Same scenes of people stumbling around in a haze of drugs, completely out of their minds.

I live in NYC, and I'm sure there are corners of this city like that too. Doesn't mean the city is unlivable and everyone needs to get the hell out before they're killed. Anymore than the happenings in places like, say, Killinarden made the south side of Dublin a terrible place to live when I lived there 20 years ago.

Tony Baloney

It is Kensington Avenue in Philly. It is basically an open air drug market and the customers like to get to business ASAP.

quit yo jibbajabba

Cant mind the towns/cities in the US but Louis Theroux has a few programs on the drugs issues in these places, well worth a watch and not dissimilar to that video in parts

gawa316

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 07, 2021, 07:38:45 PM
Cant mind the towns/cities in the US but Louis Theroux has a few programs on the drugs issues in these places, well worth a watch and not dissimilar to that video in parts

Fresno was one...where I live! Meth capital of the world they called it. Been here almost 9 years and glad to say never had any experience of it

balladmaker

Quote from: gawa316 on September 07, 2021, 07:48:12 PM

Fresno was one...where I live! Meth capital of the world they called it. Been here almost 9 years and glad to say never had any experience of it

Watched Fresno in Undercover Billionaire ... anything ever come of that business the woman set up?

gawa316

Quote from: balladmaker on September 07, 2021, 08:07:41 PM

Watched Fresno in Undercover Billionaire ... anything ever come of that business the woman set up?

Never seen it...what was the business?

Milltown Row2

20 years on and it's still and always will be a WTF moment
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 07, 2021, 09:44:30 PM

You watching the show on UTV? It's crazy, can't even imagine what it would have been like to see up close.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 07, 2021, 10:07:44 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 07, 2021, 09:44:30 PM

You watching the show on UTV? It's crazy, can't even imagine what it would have been like to see up close.

Aye, just unreal even though you know it happened it's just still unbelievable.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Even though it's 20 years on and I've seen a load of these programmes I still found parts of it very hard to watch, especially anything involving the firefighters as we now know what they were walking into. That and the noise as the "jumpers" hit the building.

balladmaker

Quote from: gawa316 on September 07, 2021, 08:57:14 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on September 07, 2021, 08:07:41 PM

Never seen it...what was the business?

Shepherd's Inn ... https://thebusinessjournal.com/former-shepherds-inn-ready-for-undercover-billionaire-debut/

J70

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 07, 2021, 11:01:47 PM
Even though it's 20 years on and I've seen a load of these programmes I still found parts of it very hard to watch, especially anything involving the firefighters as we now know what they were walking into. That and the noise as the "jumpers" hit the building.

Its one of the worst sounds I've ever heard.

Another tough thing to listen to is in the 9/11 museum where they have a section which plays recordings of the final messages left by people trapped inside, some of them as they were lining up to jump rather than be burnt to death. Just ordinary people who went to work on a routine sunny morning.

Tyrdub

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 07, 2021, 11:01:47 PM
+1 that was disturbing