Arlene's bigotry shines through

Started by StGallsGAA, February 14, 2018, 01:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelg

Quote from: Rossfan on April 23, 2018, 05:25:25 PM
As I've been saying for 10 or so years a Confederation of the 2 existing Jurisdictions with the terms of the GFA applying to the 6 Cos.
Slimmed down versions of the Dáil and Stormont to run local affairs in their Semi Autonomous Areas.
If there is no real change, what's the point?

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

michaelg

Quote from: Rossfan on April 23, 2018, 11:27:38 PM
No more British Rule.
Not sure all the folk taking the Queen's coin will be in favour.

Insane Bolt

The assumption that everyone from a Nationalist background would vote for a UI is way off the mark

Taylor

The current neanderthal biggots that lead unionism will never consider a UI.

I dont say this lightly but I firmly believe we would go back to a war before unionism would agree to a UI

Applesisapples

Quote from: Insane Bolt on April 24, 2018, 07:18:34 AM
The assumption that everyone from a Nationalist background would vote for a UI is way off the mark
This is peddled all the time. It should be qualified by saying the assupmtion that anyone would vote for a UI without knowing what it means for them and society is wrong. The challenge for nationalists and I believe that both SDLP and SF are now starting to get to grips with this, is what it would look like, how it affects peoples pockets and what will loyalist reaction be. It is a nonsense to ask people to vote otherwise.

GJL

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 24, 2018, 08:35:24 AM
This is peddled all the time. It should be qualified by saying the assupmtion that anyone would vote for a UI without knowing what it means for them and society is wrong. The challenge for nationalists and I believe that both SDLP and SF are now starting to get to grips with this, is what it would look like, how it affects peoples pockets and what will loyalist reaction be. It is a nonsense to ask people to vote otherwise.

It sounds a bit like asking people to vote for Brexit without having a fciking clue what it would mean. Imagine!

Insane Bolt

Tell us what you think it would mean for Health,Education for starters....never mind trying to sell to the loyalist population

ziggysego

My friend is Protestant and comes from a very proud Unionist family with a capital U. His father and uncle were high ranking RUC officers.

My friend is a Nationalist with a capital N and small r.

So not all Catholics are Nationalists, but no one says not all Protestants are Unionists.
Testing Accessibility

gallsman

Quote from: ziggysego on April 24, 2018, 09:18:22 AM

There's an "r" in nationalist?!

ziggysego

Quote from: gallsman on April 24, 2018, 09:21:06 AM

There's an "r" in nationalist?!

Republican lol
Testing Accessibility

Hereiam

I don't know how the rest of you all feel but I am starting to worry more about what the British have planned for over here. You can be sure our interests will not matter one fook.

omagh_gael

My friend is Protestant and comes from a very proud Unionist family with a capital U. His father and uncle were high ranking RUC officers.

So not all Catholics are Nationalists, but no one says not all Protestants are Unionists.

Bit of Daddy issues going on there, Zig? Aul Oedipus wouldn't have a look in!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Hereiam on April 24, 2018, 09:39:44 AM
I don't know how the rest of you all feel but I am starting to worry more about what the British have planned for over here. You can be sure our interests will not matter one fook.

Of course not. They won't pay anything if a united Ireland ever does come about either.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Insane Bolt on April 24, 2018, 09:01:21 AM
Tell us what you think it would mean for Health,Education for starters....never mind trying to sell to the loyalist population
It's not up to me, I'm not a politician, neither am I selling a UI. I would want to see how it affects me personally before voting.What I am saying is that your statement needs qualification because no one will vote positively for something not knowing the impact of a yes vote. If Brexit teaches us anything it is that if people are leaning in a certain direction it is easier to persuade them.