Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

GiveItToTheShooters

Classless and entitled this crowd. One minute hes the best thing since sliced bread and the next people want him chased after a few dodgy results, in November ;D Celtic fans are as fickle as there are around. No faith in the team, who have shown themselves to be spineless, but it's Lennon who has been made to be the scapegoat. Embarrassing behaviour. Celtic will still win the league, and comfortably, only if Lennon stays.

JimStynes

Angelo, he needs to go no doubt but you're way over the top. People have a natural affinity towards Lennon due to his background. It's only natural that they feel more defensive over Lennon. The same way you're being a Mickey Harte cheerleader in the Tyrone thread. Do you dislike Lennon? Do you not feel any sympathy to him at all?

JimStynes

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 26, 2020, 12:36:45 AM
Classless and entitled this crowd. One minute hes the best thing since sliced bread and the next people want him chased after a few dodgy results, in November ;D Celtic fans are as fickle as there are around. No faith in the team, who have shown themselves to be spineless, but it's Lennon who has been made to be the scapegoat. Embarrassing behaviour. Celtic will still win the league, and comfortably, only if Lennon stays.

Disagree with this. Celtic aren't going to win the league this year with Lennon. And to be honest, they maybe only won it last year because rangers hit the self destruct button. Rangers have only conceded a handful of goals this year. To win the league, Celtic are going to have to go win the majority of Old Firm games and go on a consistent run. That doesn't seem possible with Lennon. Stevie G had his number tactically. The players need to stand up as well and they all need to take a look at themselves but the manager is the one who ultimately it falls back on.

tintin25

As someone with a somewhat more balanced view on the current happenings, I think the reaction to Neil Lennon and Celtic's current form has been somewhat OTT.  Obviously the focus on the 10 in a Row has played a part in this.  However, you just don't get the impression that Lennon can actually turn it around, nor is he as tactically astute as other managers out there.  It got him so far with Celtic as they had no viable opponents in the time Rangers were getting their act together.  Amuses me when Celtic fans harp on about Rangers being crap etc, they aren't.  They have a good team (and squad) this season where players know their role and they play to a system.  They may drop the odd point between now and the next old firm, but I don't expect a monumental collapse that some are expecting.

JimStynes

Quote from: tintin25 on November 26, 2020, 08:40:49 AM
As someone with a somewhat more balanced view on the current happenings, I think the reaction to Neil Lennon and Celtic's current form has been somewhat OTT.  Obviously the focus on the 10 in a Row has played a part in this.  However, you just don't get the impression that Lennon can actually turn it around, nor is he as tactically astute as other managers out there.  It got him so far with Celtic as they had no viable opponents in the time Rangers were getting their act together.  Amuses me when Celtic fans harp on about Rangers being crap etc, they aren't.  They have a good team (and squad) this season where players know their role and they play to a system.  They may drop the odd point between now and the next old firm, but I don't expect a monumental collapse that some are expecting.

Can't disagree with this.

illdecide

Quote from: JimStynes on November 25, 2020, 07:14:36 PM
Gutted for Neil Lennon. Really wished he was going to do the 10 in a row. He's gone now by the looks of it. Just not good enough for the job.

Really Jim?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on November 26, 2020, 07:24:20 AM
Angelo, he needs to go no doubt but you're way over the top. People have a natural affinity towards Lennon due to his background. It's only natural that they feel more defensive over Lennon. The same way you're being a Mickey Harte cheerleader in the Tyrone thread. Do you dislike Lennon? Do you not feel any sympathy to him at all?

I don't dislike Lennon in any way but he is a yes man who did not get the job on merit. He is tactically clueless, his coaching ability and preparation has been questioned by former players, he rarely if ever takes repsonsibility - it has been a constant theme of him throwing his players under the bus after every bad performance. The bottom line is he is just a poor manager, he had jobs with Bolton and Hibs in between his two Celtic stints. His managerial CV will never ever get him a job like Celtic again because as a football manger, he's just a below par football manager.

It's quite sickening listening to the hypocrites who will not allow any valid criticism of Lennon but will be jumping down the throat of the next non-Armagh man to manage Celtic after a few bad results.

Look at the abuse some of those who are here defending Lennon gave Ronny Deila, they can't have it both ways. I'm sure Tony Mowbray also got similar abuse.

Lennon has to go as he's out of his depth, he only got the job because of his status among the support and his personal relationship with Lawwell and willingness to be a yes man. It's Lawwell I really blame as he is a cancer on the club. The highest paid executive in European football who shortchanges us with chump managers.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

We have much better players currently than what we had when things went sour with Deila but we are probably every bit as bad now or worse.

But of course the same lads who savaged Deila won't allow any sort of criticism of their county man.

Angelo

If you actually want to compare and contrast Lennon and Deila's last season so far at this stage:

League

Lennon P13 W9 D3 L1
Deila P13 W10 D2 L1

Deila 3 points better off

CL
Lennon 2nd round qualification exit
Deila play off round qualification exit

Deila 2 rounds further

EL
Lennon P3 W0 D1 L2
Deila P3 W0 D2 L1

Deila 1 point better off

Some of you lads need a little dose of objectivity here.

JimStynes

Quote from: illdecide on November 26, 2020, 10:19:30 AM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 25, 2020, 07:14:36 PM
Gutted for Neil Lennon. Really wished he was going to do the 10 in a row. He's gone now by the looks of it. Just not good enough for the job.

Really Jim?

Yeah. I have said many times before, that it there was a man who'd I'd like to see win the 10 in a row it would be Neil Lennon. He's just not a good enough manager to do that. I'm gutted to see that it has resulted in the GB displaying banners about him. He's a local man and a genuine Celtic man so it's not nice to see him go out like this and will he then forever be known as the man who fucked up the 10 in a row?

themac_23

He has to go, even his last press conference massively missed the point, he rambled on about if draws were wins etc, league start is similar to 3 years ago when we won a treble. the difference obvs being the huns are flying this season so no breathing space, and also the rest of the SPFL have dramatically declined in quality, this current Aberdeen, Killie team etc are nowhere near as much of a threat as they have been and also Hearts out of the league who were always good for taking points off rangers. Also, he conveniently brushed over our disgraceful performances in Europe, getting horsed out if CL and being pummelled by a Prague team which hadn't played a league game in months and was missing 8 first team players.

I actually think the banner was pretty respectful, much more respectful than the reaction at the rangers or Prague games had fans been in the stadium, Covid is keeping him in a job at the min.

Angelo

Quote from: themac_23 on November 26, 2020, 11:58:11 AM
He has to go, even his last press conference massively missed the point, he rambled on about if draws were wins etc, league start is similar to 3 years ago when we won a treble. the difference obvs being the huns are flying this season so no breathing space, and also the rest of the SPFL have dramatically declined in quality, this current Aberdeen, Killie team etc are nowhere near as much of a threat as they have been and also Hearts out of the league who were always good for taking points off rangers. Also, he conveniently brushed over our disgraceful performances in Europe, getting horsed out if CL and being pummelled by a Prague team which hadn't played a league game in months and was missing 8 first team players.

I actually think the banner was pretty respectful, much more respectful than the reaction at the rangers or Prague games had fans been in the stadium, Covid is keeping him in a job at the min.

His ego is out of check. If Ronny Deila gave that press conference he'd absolutely savaged.

He's quick to remind everyone about the trophies HE has won. He takes credit for those trophies but if we have a bad performance he lays the blame solely at the feet of the players. He's just a poor manager and that's what it really boils down to, he should never have got the job and the consequences of such are coming home to roost now. Where Rodgers raised the standards following on from Deila, Lennon has now brought them back down to that level again when arguably receiving more support than any manager at Celtic since MON.

Lennon has to go and we simply have to appoint a manager with a good pedigree and who won't be Peter Lawwell's yes man.

JimStynes

Doesn't look like they're going to get rid of him until it's too late though.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on November 26, 2020, 12:49:11 PM
Doesn't look like they're going to get rid of him until it's too late though.

Partly because certain sections of the fanbase who would right now be up in arms if the manager was not a former Celtic player and captain are defending the indefensible for Lennon and are actually going so far as to have a pop at people who have been offering very valid criticism of Lennon, his selections, his tactics and his management style.

Lennon has to go and the fans are 100% within their rights to voice their concerns about the club's chances with him in charge. Every other manager has it so why should Lennon be immune?

Angelo

We have the highest wage bill in Scotland.
The most expensively assembled team there.

We are underachieveing, domestically and in Europe.

He has to go, he has to go now or we can kiss 10IAR goodbye and Neil Lennon will forever be the man who cost us that.