?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

marty34

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 29, 2020, 08:13:36 PM
It was ok in the 90s to overthrow the board and have protests week in and week out? So far in this calendar year I've spent over £1k of very hard earned money to watch Celtic, fans have every right to go and protest. The board is full of tossers and Lennon has let himself down a bagful by shite talking through interviews. The club has been set back years by this season already. 

If I was in Glasgow, I'd be protesting to.

Agree.

Everybody saw this coming...apart, it seems, Lennon, Lawell and the board.  They are completely out of touch with public feeling on this.

In their own wee bubble.

balladmaker

I think everyone, including Neil Lennon, knows that his time is now up.  Would be surprised if he makes it past Monday morning, and I take absolutely no delight from saying that.  As the buck always stops with the manager, once Neil is gone, there needs to be a serious clear out of those who have stopped playing for him.  There's at least a couple who are not fit to wear the jersey, should be sent packing at the earliest opportunity.  So when Lennon goes, who will replace him, more to the point, who will want it!

uimhr ocht

It will be difficult getting a decent manager in now probably someone till end of the season,lawwell forced a backroom team onto lennon condition he had to take before taking over,lawwell interferes with the footballing side of things to much example being he brought players in during rodgers era he didnt want probably why Rodgers left,what manager would want to come in not having full control over management team and transfers.

SHEEDY

If/when lennon gets the sack, who do people want to see replace him?
nil satis nisi optimum

clarshack

Quote from: SHEEDY on November 29, 2020, 11:29:36 PM

Would never happen but I'd give Rafa Benitez whatever he wanted. His appointment would spook Gerrard for a start.
Realistically it will end up being another cheap option.

general

I'd take Martin O'Neill & Roy Keane - even if it is until end of season. MON knows the club, and winning. Keane would show the players who have let the club down some manners

lenny

Quote from: general on November 30, 2020, 07:24:52 AM

I'd take Martin O'Neill & Roy Keane - even if it is until end of season. MON knows the club, and winning. Keane would show the players who have let the club down some manners

Yeah, that's what inspires players, someone shouting at them and threatening them. That's what has made keane such a brilliant manager so far. Not.

general

Keane worked well as no.2 under O'Neill...

I'd never give him the full reins

Maybe the players need a bit of hard treatment - they seem to be getting away with it here - i dont blame lenny for all going on.

tonto1888

Some amount of idiots on here.
Yes Lennon deserves to be sacked. Has done for a while now. Yes it's ok to protest. But it certainly is. It ok to do what some fans were doing last night.

themac_23

I won't have a go at the fans who protested last night, many have given the club hundreds of pounds to watch streams of games and poured money into the club buying merchandise, yet Lennon comes out and treats us like idiots with every press conference, telling us its just hysteria on social media and everything is fine when its quite clear we are hopeless. the fact fans aren't allowed in the stadium has sheltered Lennon from the feelings of the fans, it has also kept him in a job because there is no way he'd still be Celtic manager if there were 60k fans in the stadium watching some of these so called performances. the fans have had enough, and by not being able to vent its built up and built up then Lennon pissing on us and telling us its raining has made things 100 times worse and the supporters just blew, completely understandable in the circumstances, I just hope it was enough to get Lennon to leave/ sacked whatever and we can dust ourselves down and start to build again

Applesisapples

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 29, 2020, 02:05:17 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 28, 2020, 07:42:32 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 28, 2020, 07:13:46 PM
I wonder if it'll ever dawn on Celtic supporters that the key to them becoming more competitive in Europe, isn't the board, or the manager, but a more competitive league that they don't win every season.

If the league isn't competitive, international interest (sponsorship, tv money, plus player awareness) wanes. If the league isn't competitive, local interest (attendance, sponsorship, tv money, plus player awareness) wanes.

You simply won't attract top international talent to live in shitty, miserable Glasgow as it stands. The core competition is unattractive, and for the most part of the world, unknown.

Teams from the Czech, Danish, Austrian etc leagues have done well in Europe in recent years.

Sevco are going very well in Europe at present.

Celtic should be doing a hell of a lot better with both the playing squad they have and the money they have in the bank.

We have Scrooge in the boardroom and a chap who is probably not good enough to manage Glenavon overseeing the on field activities.

Are you not mortified to be so far behind a club that (as you put it) was only formed just 8 years ago? Would it not be easier and less embarrassing to call them Rangers?
I don't think any Celtic supporter actually believes the Service nonsense. Rangers the club did not disappear, their ownership changed in the same way many other businesses change hands, in the same way Desmond has effectively replaced Celtic's previous owners.

Applesisapples

The problems with Celtic at the moment run deeper than NL. The players and backroom staff also are culpable. That he has run out road is undoubtedly true. The denigration of what he has achieved as a player and manager by some fans is uncalled for. Mickey Harte is a legend in Tyrone but even he came to the finishing point. Unfortunately in modern soccer the ending of managerial careers is no longer dignified. The rabble outside the ground yesterday have made the job of letting Lennon go harder, I for one would not allow them to have their way. If or when Rangers go on and lift the league it will be good for Scottish football. Celtic's failures this year have stemmed from players like Edouard thinking he's Messi, (he wouldn't  start for Dundalk on current form), and wanting a move. He wouldn't get a look in at a big club in Europe. He can't score against Ross County FFS. Griffiths keeps kissing the badge but can't get fit, Brown is done, I could go on. The back room team and player acquisition have also let the club down. It is in my view it is a collective failure. Lennon and Brown are club legends whether you like it or not and deserve a dignified exit.

themac_23

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 30, 2020, 09:12:22 AM
The problems with Celtic at the moment run deeper than NL. The players and backroom staff also are culpable. That he has run out road is undoubtedly true. The denigration of what he has achieved as a player and manager by some fans is uncalled for. Mickey Harte is a legend in Tyrone but even he came to the finishing point. Unfortunately in modern soccer the ending of managerial careers is no longer dignified. The rabble outside the ground yesterday have made the job of letting Lennon go harder, I for one would not allow them to have their way. If or when Rangers go on and lift the league it will be good for Scottish football. Celtic's failures this year have stemmed from players like Edouard thinking he's Messi, (he wouldn't  start for Dundalk on current form), and wanting a move. He wouldn't get a look in at a big club in Europe. He can't score against Ross County FFS. Griffiths keeps kissing the badge but can't get fit, Brown is done, I could go on. The back room team and player acquisition have also let the club down. It is in my view it is a collective failure. Lennon and Brown are club legends whether you like it or not and deserve a dignified exit.

No harm mate but you're at it and most certainly looking for bites, not let them have their way? aye throw away the rest of the season and stick with a manager who has clearly lost the dressing room because a few supporters turned up and shouted nasty things at players as they drove away in their car? great business sense, if they dont bin him now the season ticket sales for next season will be through the floor and the cash cow will dry up. not a good way to run a PLC is it? has to go, rightly or wrongly its pas the point of no return its best for everyone that he leaves.

on the players, players go off the boil, thats part of football but players who have swept all before them dont all have their form fall off a cliff unless there's more to it, the more clearly being they have stopped reacting to Lennon and are sick of his stupid public statements and talking complete rubbish every time there's a mic near him, god only knows what he's telling them when they are in training. man has to go, the fact he was a good player for us is irrelevant, better players and managers the world over have been given the boot, sentiment has no place in making decisions.

Angelo

Quote from: uimhr ocht on November 29, 2020, 10:51:03 PM
It will be difficult getting a decent manager in now probably someone till end of the season,lawwell forced a backroom team onto lennon condition he had to take before taking over,lawwell interferes with the footballing side of things to much example being he brought players in during rodgers era he didnt want probably why Rodgers left,what manager would want to come in not having full control over management team and transfers.

Lawwell is the big problem. The reason Lennon was appointed is due to a lot of what you have said, Lawwell wanted a yes man who he had complete control over. Lennon had came off the back of failed spells at Hibs and Bolton, he was indebted to Lawwell for making him Celtic boss first time around and this time too and he wasn't going to rock the boat like Rodgers.

The McGinn saga was the straw that broke the back for Rodgers, scrimping over a few hundred k for the best midfielder in the league.

Lawwell is your typical capitalist pig, all he cares about is the bottom line, on field activities don't bother him one iota as long as the club is making money for him to cream off. The highest paid football exec there in European football a few years back when Celtic were shopping around the bargain basement for new players and selling off their top men. He is a cancer and hopefully the fans don't stop at Lennon. If we lose 10IAR I hope the pressure then really mounts on Lawwell.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: general on November 30, 2020, 07:24:52 AM

Don't want Roy Keane anywhere near the club.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL