2019 Allianz National Hurling League

Started by Mossy Bruce, December 19, 2018, 10:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: burdizzo on February 17, 2019, 02:18:29 AM
...the flukey goal at the end made it unjustly respectable for them.
Was that last Offaly goal from a free or was it in play?
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Gold

Was David Cuddy off Snapchat a Laois Hurler??

What's his story?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Don Draper

Quote from: Gold on February 17, 2019, 03:53:20 AM

What's his story?
Mind your own business

burdizzo

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on February 17, 2019, 02:20:41 AM
Quote from: burdizzo on February 17, 2019, 02:18:29 AM
...the flukey goal at the end made it unjustly respectable for them.
Was that last Offaly goal from a free or was it in play?

It was a free from over on the side that somehow snuck in the bottom corner, the lads on the goal not moving!

Gold

Quote from: Don Draper on February 17, 2019, 04:48:18 AM

What's his story?
Mind your own business

He's hilarious. Heard he might have played and was wondering if he was good or still playing or whatever
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

les Antiques

Carlow had two sent off last including coady I believe who will be a loss . Any win over Offaly is great win even if they were poor . I know we conceded that late goal and offaly had a concession of points in the second half but I thought our full back showed a lot of consistency last night especially in the tenacity stakes .
Pity the football and hurling are scheduled basically at the same time next week .

merman

What's his story?

Not the same fella.
The ex-hurler is actually our U20 manager this year. Was a serious hurler in his day.

burdizzo

Quote from: les Antiques on February 17, 2019, 09:59:30 AM
Carlow had two sent off last including coady I believe who will be a loss . Any win over Offaly is great win even if they were poor . I know we conceded that late goal and offaly had a concession of points in the second half but I thought our full back showed a lot of consistency last night especially in the tenacity stakes .
Pity the football and hurling are scheduled basically at the same time next week .

Coady went off on a double yellow. I think Carlow hadn't their strongest out, either. I'd still fancy them next weekend, but there was some slick passing from Laois, and good to see Purcell back in good form, too.
Any news on Cha?

Football not Saturday night, no?

Mossy Bruce

A rules question:
Does a red card result in an automatic suspension from the next match? How about a two yellow cards?
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

burdizzo

Yes, red is at least a one match ban, two yellows is just off for the rest of the game.

Mossy Bruce

That's what I thought. Thanks, Burdizzo.

By the way, I always thought your name was some Italian word or a city in Italy. Then I looked up what it means--haha, a great user name for a sports forum!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

on the hop

That coverage of the game was filmed through a pair of binoculars. It was really poor

Keyser Söze

A win is a win. It's for another day, but we have to try to stop measuring ourselves relative to Offaly. We can be number 10 in the country and we can establish a gap behind us. Load of work to get to that point, but we could.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......