Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cfclg

Quote from: ciaran1988 on August 07, 2019, 09:28:47 AM
Weekend Championship predictions

Loughgiel v St Johns - Loughgiel by 5
Dunloy v Cushendall - Dunloy by 3
Ballycastle v Rossa - hard to judge with Rossa leading by 14 and not needing to win. Will say Ballycastle by 3
Cushendun v Sarsfields - Sarsfields by 10 plus
Ahoghill v St Endas - St Endas by 7

Let's see other predictions

Agree with most apart from:

Ballycastle v Rossa. I think Ballycastle have left too much to do here and Rossa should get over the line.
Ahoghill v St Endas. This could be the game of the weekend and think it will be tighter than 7 points. But yes St. Endas to win by 2 or 3.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Ballycastle v Rossa - hard to judge with Rossa leading by 14 and not needing to win. Will say Ballycastle by 3

Loughgiel v St Johns - Loughgiel by 3
Dunloy v Cushendall - I fancy ourselves to win but you really cant tell from Cdall this season. Id take us by 2
Ballycastle v Rossa - Rossa are going well atm so id expect them to be content with a 2/3 point defeat and take the foot off a bit
Ahoghill v St Endas - St Endas by 10
hurl like f**k boi!

MoChara

Is there a reason the cushendall Dunloy game is at 6 on sunday? seems kind of late, is it to facilitate people going to more than one match?

saffman

Loughiel by 2
Dunloy by 7
Ballycastle by 5
Sarsfields by 13
St endas by 10

Big win for st endas winning  promotion interesting to see how they do rest of the season and next year in div 1.

Sarsfields v ballygalget in a relegation/promotion playoff, if sarsfields are keen on getting up to div 1 i fancy them to just do enough

paddyjohn

Quote from: MoChara on August 07, 2019, 11:42:47 AM
Is there a reason the cushendall Dunloy game is at 6 on sunday? seems kind of late, is it to facilitate people going to more than one match?

Possibly. Anything on in Dunloy that would cause traffic issues?

breakingball

Loughgiel by 5
Dunloy by 10
Ballycastle by 5
sarsfields by 15
St Endas by 5

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: paddyjohn on August 07, 2019, 08:17:17 PM
Quote from: MoChara on August 07, 2019, 11:42:47 AM

Possibly. Anything on in Dunloy that would cause traffic issues?

naw, it was set for saturday, an hour after the Lgiel match but they have moved it i assume to accommodate the fact they would miss out on two large gates.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnnycool

Quote from: hardstation on August 06, 2019, 10:49:00 PM
Despite a comfortable looking scoreline, I believe we were lucky enough to come away from Ballygalget with a win. Not that that matters. Great win.

We hit the woodwork/metalwork twice when it looked easier to score a goal.

Your lads kept the two point gap through most of the second half and we couldn't close it. At the end we started going for goals and your lads kept popping the frees/points over and that was that.

I think we've Sarsfields to play in a relegation/promotion playoff.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Was at the Junior B hurling final there.

Sweet mercy of Christ that is the rumbliest standard of hurling I've ever seen lol so much ground hurling and also so much off the ball stuff and bad tackling it's a wonder there was only 3 reds. I seen 3 head butts that didn't even get a yellow! Lol

But it was the best entertainment I've had in a long time. Ballymena were 2-10 to 0-08 up and Larne hit 2 goat and it all changed. Some come back from them and Ballymena just fell apart to the end when they looked good for the win

Some of the discipline was shocking and the ref could of sent off 4 more players but fair play to Paul he always kept his cool and didn't over react.

Junior B lived up to my expectations  the night in terms of skill level but it was a good nights entertainment 
hurl like f**k boi!

Antrim Coaster

It wasn't easy on the eye but I for one do not give a flying feck.Our club was dead for 5 years with no hurling at all and one of the best pitches in Antrim.It might be a Junior B but to me we may as well have lifted the Liam McCarthy tonight.The Latharna Og club have had to put up with few other clubs have had to over the years with the exception of St Endas and Ardoyne.Easy enough to knock it from the lofty perch of Dunloy.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Lol settle down there.

I called it for what it was, junior b hurling. It was hard to watch at times but fair play to Larne for getting the result at the end up. I for one was glad to see use back up and going again and that result the night was a testament to those who didn't give up on the club.

hurl like f**k boi!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: hardstation on August 09, 2019, 10:28:11 PM
Larne hit 2 goat.

That's Junior B hurling alright.

Nay goats were harmed in the making of that result  ;D
hurl like f**k boi!

Antrim Coaster

Heard they're celebrating in the Masonic Club tonight.

ned

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on August 09, 2019, 10:44:30 PM
It wasn't easy on the eye but I for one do not give a flying feck.Our club was dead for 5 years with no hurling at all and one of the best pitches in Antrim.It might be a Junior B but to me we may as well have lifted the Liam McCarthy tonight.The Latharna Og club have had to put up with few other clubs have had to over the years with the exception of St Endas and Ardoyne.Easy enough to knock it from the lofty perch of Dunloy.

Great effort from Latharna Og. Hope  they can keep it going.

paddyjohn

Fair play to Larne, some decent people involved in that club and they deserve every bit of credit possible.