SUFTUM

Started by Mickey Linden, January 16, 2012, 08:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oisinog

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 25, 2012, 02:40:02 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on January 24, 2012, 09:47:19 AM
i put it to you that this flag has a political message that is not conducive to the peaceful future of this island. and the poor cretins who carry it around with them need to be left in no doubt that they are not promoting harmony or rugby but are in fact 'having a go'. they know full well that it is not the flag of ulster the province or ulster the rugby team but they seek to stamp their loyalist stamp on it. further more i think that ulster has the potential to be the dominant force in European rugby given the right image. IE the impression that it is a sport for all and not just and few ulster banner waving loyalists. if it is such an innocent flag how many of you own one (that you actually bought) I'm aware of a development of houses in a predominantly protestant village where young catholic families began to show an interest in purchasing a home. when word got  out that this was the case guess what flags were plastered over the new empty houses within days....? harmless "ulster rugby flags"(banners) so they just wanted ulster supporters no munster men? yeah that must be it : ::)
Some fans who go to Ravenhill wave an NI flag (white and red). Some wave an Ulster flag (yellow and red). Some others wave an Ulster Rugby flag. Most fans do not wave any flag.
None of the people who go, drawn as they are from both communities, get in the slighest bit bothered by any of it.

In fact, the only people who do get offended are people like you, who don't even go. Oh, and the local Free Presbyterians, who object to their playing the occasional game on a Sunday.

You're well matched...  ::)

I wonder how they are going to react to the Muster - Ulster match on Easter Sunday

lawnseed

i put it to you that this flag has a political message that is not conducive to the peaceful future of this island. and the poor cretins who carry it around with them need to be left in no doubt that they are not promoting harmony or rugby but are in fact 'having a go'. they know full well that it is not the flag of ulster the province or ulster the rugby team but they seek to stamp their loyalist stamp on it. further more i think that ulster has the potential to be the dominant force in European rugby given the right image. IE the impression that it is a sport for all and not just and few ulster banner waving loyalists. if it is such an innocent flag how many of you own one (that you actually bought) I'm aware of a development of houses in a predominantly protestant village where young catholic families began to show an interest in purchasing a home. when word got  out that this was the case guess what flags were plastered over the new empty houses within days....? harmless "ulster rugby flags"(banners) so they just wanted ulster supporters no munster men? yeah that must be it : ::)
Some fans who go to Ravenhill wave an NI flag (white and red). Some wave an Ulster flag (yellow and red). Some others wave an Ulster Rugby flag. Most fans do not wave any flag.
None of the people who go, drawn as they are from both communities, get in the slighest bit bothered by any of it.

In fact, the only people who do get offended are people like you, who don't even go. Oh, and the local Free Presbyterians, who object to their playing the occasional game on a Sunday.

yeh? and whats that flag your flying? its been unofficial since 1970 so why do you use it? as YOU say its the northern ireland flag.. NORTHERN IRELAND ARE NOT PLAYING! NORTHERN IRELAND DONT HAVE A RUGBY TEAM! WHY BRING THE WRONG FLAG?
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

johnneycool

Quote from: oisinog on January 25, 2012, 04:45:56 PM

I wonder how they are going to react to the Muster - Ulster match on Easter Sunday

By trying to get the game moved but Sky were having none of it;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/16741366.stm

screenexile

Talk about pandering!! Just a PR stunt to keep the Free P's onside there's no way Ulster will not be fulfilling that fixture!

johnneycool

Quote from: screenexile on January 30, 2012, 11:56:04 AM
Talk about pandering!! Just a PR stunt to keep the Free P's onside there's no way Ulster will not be fulfilling that fixture!

And it will be a sell out.

Sure there's plenty of Churchs round there to get an evening service if you so desire. The Rev Ian's place is less than a mile away.

AZOffaly

Quote from: johnneycool on January 30, 2012, 12:00:05 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 30, 2012, 11:56:04 AM

And it will be a sell out.

Sure there's plenty of Churchs round there to get an evening service if you so desire. The Rev Ian's place is less than a mile away.

From Thomond Park?  :o

johnneycool

Oops, forgot about that.

Are there no protestants in Limerick or have they all been burned and bred out?

AZOffaly

No Free Ps that I'm aware of. There are CoI churches around the place, but I don't know who goes to them. Can you tell them apart physically?

lawnseed

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 30, 2012, 01:27:59 PM
No Free Ps that I'm aware of. There are CoI churches around the place, but I don't know who goes to them. Can you tell them apart physically?
vernier calipers... its the only way to be sure
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore