SUFTUM

Started by Mickey Linden, January 16, 2012, 08:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaveherinsir

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 23, 2012, 07:34:42 PM
Any of ye bucks planning on a trip to Limerick in April?
Following a nine county Ulster in an all ireland sport, it will never catch on!! ;) ;) Oh wait......

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on January 23, 2012, 09:26:35 AM
and again.. the official flag IS red and yellow. why bring a sectarian/political flag to a rugby game where  as has been stated here the crowd is non sectarian/non political. for the record i have no problem in rugby adopting the composite four province flag as its official flag thus side stepping all the crap about tricolours. to my way of thinking taking the politics out of the situation is the way forward and all the better for rugby in ulster if it is to grow in the future. the presence of these ulster banners at matches is a negative image
I suppose if you're looking to be offended, you'll probably find something to be offended by.

oisinog

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 23, 2012, 07:34:42 PM
Any of ye bucks planning on a trip to Limerick in April?

I would lov to go but I hopefully should
Have a 3 week old baby at that stage

lawnseed

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2012, 01:09:20 PM
and again.. the official flag IS red and yellow. why bring a sectarian/political flag to a rugby game where  as has been stated here the crowd is non sectarian/non political. for the record i have no problem in rugby adopting the composite four province flag as its official flag thus side stepping all the crap about tricolours. to my way of thinking taking the politics out of the situation is the way forward and all the better for rugby in ulster if it is to grow in the future. the presence of these ulster banners at matches is a negative image

Don't go or watch Lawneed, that way you'll not be bothered. How anyone can be bothered about a flag is beyond me. If we continue to be annoyed at other peoples traditions then we will always have hate. It really is sad
so if there was an ulster banner hanging outside your house it wouldn't bother you at all? i put it to you that this flag has a political message that is not conducive to the peaceful future of this island. and the poor cretins who carry it around with them need to be left in no doubt that they are not promoting harmony or rugby but are in fact 'having a go'. they know full well that it is not the flag of ulster the province or ulster the rugby team but they seek to stamp their loyalist stamp on it. further more i think that ulster has the potential to be the dominant force in European rugby given the right image. IE the impression that it is a sport for all and not just and few ulster banner waving loyalists. if it is such an innocent flag how many of you own one (that you actually bought) I'm aware of a development of houses in a predominantly protestant village where young catholic families began to show an interest in purchasing a home. when word got  out that this was the case guess what flags were plastered over the new empty houses within days....? harmless "ulster rugby flags"(banners) so they just wanted ulster supporters no munster men? yeah that must be it : ::)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

lawnseed

just out of interest what flag do orange lodges in monaghan cavan or donegal fly when they are marching is it yellow and red

Denn Forever

Will Tyrone have to bring out a new Jersey now?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

screenexile

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lawnseed on January 24, 2012, 09:47:19 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2012, 01:09:20 PM

Don't go or watch Lawneed, that way you'll not be bothered. How anyone can be bothered about a flag is beyond me. If we continue to be annoyed at other peoples traditions then we will always have hate. It really is sad
so if there was an ulster banner hanging outside your house it wouldn't bother you at all? i put it to you that this flag has a political message that is not conducive to the peaceful future of this island. and the poor cretins who carry it around with them need to be left in no doubt that they are not promoting harmony or rugby but are in fact 'having a go'. they know full well that it is not the flag of ulster the province or ulster the rugby team but they seek to stamp their loyalist stamp on it. further more i think that ulster has the potential to be the dominant force in European rugby given the right image. IE the impression that it is a sport for all and not just and few ulster banner waving loyalists. if it is such an innocent flag how many of you own one (that you actually bought) I'm aware of a development of houses in a predominantly protestant village where young catholic families began to show an interest in purchasing a home. when word got  out that this was the case guess what flags were plastered over the new empty houses within days....? harmless "ulster rugby flags"(banners) so they just wanted ulster supporters no munster men? yeah that must be it : ::)

Would it be disrespectful to have a tricolour banner hanging over your house to the other side?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitegoodman

I see redevelopment plans have been announced today for Ravenhill.  Perhaps we could get one of the stands painted green, white and gold to appease everyone!!!!!

Some rediculous nonsense spouted on this thread.

Maguire01

so if there was an ulster banner hanging outside your house it wouldn't bother you at all?
Any flag outside my house would annoy me. Flags of any persuasion do the neighbourhood no favours.

if it is such an innocent flag how many of you own one (that you actually bought)
I don't own any flags. Do you have a collection?
It is also possible for people not to support something (e.g. that flag), but not get upset or offended when they see it.

Maguire01

i think that ulster has the potential to be the dominant force in European rugby given the right image. IE the impression that it is a sport for all and not just and few ulster banner waving loyalists.
The fact that the you can already see the yellow Ulster flag in the crowd, alongside the 'Ulster Banner'... as well as the numerous people on here who support Ulster and have attended Ravenhill with no problems... demonstrates that this is already the case. Do keep up.

lawnseed

Quote from: whitegoodman on January 24, 2012, 01:27:11 PM
I see redevelopment plans have been announced today for Ravenhill.  Perhaps we could get one of the stands painted green, white and gold to appease everyone!!!!!

your right! ridiculous! the colours are red and yellow. just think how much redevelopment they'd need if they got rid of their sectarian trappings

oisinog

Quote from: lawnseed on January 25, 2012, 09:49:15 AM
Quote from: whitegoodman on January 24, 2012, 01:27:11 PM

your right! ridiculous! the colours are red and yellow. just think how much redevelopment they'd need if they got rid of their sectarian trappings

The easy thing for you is if it offends you dont watch it.

If you are not watching a match then it can't offend you.

Milltown Row2

Twisted headers on here. Lanwseed is a WUM
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Evil Genius

i put it to you that this flag has a political message that is not conducive to the peaceful future of this island. and the poor cretins who carry it around with them need to be left in no doubt that they are not promoting harmony or rugby but are in fact 'having a go'. they know full well that it is not the flag of ulster the province or ulster the rugby team but they seek to stamp their loyalist stamp on it. further more i think that ulster has the potential to be the dominant force in European rugby given the right image. IE the impression that it is a sport for all and not just and few ulster banner waving loyalists. if it is such an innocent flag how many of you own one (that you actually bought) I'm aware of a development of houses in a predominantly protestant village where young catholic families began to show an interest in purchasing a home. when word got  out that this was the case guess what flags were plastered over the new empty houses within days....? harmless "ulster rugby flags"(banners) so they just wanted ulster supporters no munster men? yeah that must be it : ::)
Some fans who go to Ravenhill wave an NI flag (white and red). Some wave an Ulster flag (yellow and red). Some others wave an Ulster Rugby flag. Most fans do not wave any flag.
None of the people who go, drawn as they are from both communities, get in the slighest bit bothered by any of it.

In fact, the only people who do get offended are people like you, who don't even go. Oh, and the local Free Presbyterians, who object to their playing the occasional game on a Sunday.

You're well matched...  ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"