Eugene McGee

Started by Itchy, May 05, 2019, 12:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

As a neighbour and a fellow-Larry, and like they said in the article above, everyone has their own story about the guy.  He was a true eccentric and character - he owned the land across from my family's home, and I would often meet him tramping the fields.  He always had something to say, and it wasn't always what you'd want to hear.  One of the greats, in our own parish, for the club (with his brother), and with a massive impact on the national stage.  RIP Eugene.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 07, 2019, 09:15:37 AM
As a neighbour and a fellow-Larry, and like they said in the article above, everyone has their own story about the guy.  He was a true eccentric and character - he owned the land across from my family's home, and I would often meet him tramping the fields.  He always had something to say, and it wasn't always what you'd want to hear.  One of the greats, in our own parish, for the club (with his brother), and with a massive impact on the national stage.  RIP Eugene.

Well said Billy.

five points

Eugene used to have some craic in his columns with Larry McGann, his mythical friend and colourful stalwart of Knocknavanna Gaels, and his myriad struggles to keep his club alive.

Eugene had a profound and sympathetic understanding of the GAA grassroots and the volunteers who sustained it. May he rest in peace.