Buying a home in South from the North

Started by TwoUpTwoDown, July 28, 2019, 11:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoUpTwoDown

Just a little bit of guidance and advice if yous can. The wife and I would be keen to try and purchase a holiday home in the South. I was wondering what the story is with lenders etc when looking at a couple from the Northern territory. Will it just not happen? We would be hoping to have a brave lump of a deposit but I just don't know what the ins and outs are. Reliable work etc and all that jazz. Any advice is really welcome.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on July 28, 2019, 11:44:34 PM
Just a little bit of guidance and advice if yous can. The wife and I would be keen to try and purchase a holiday home in the South. I was wondering what the story is with lenders etc when looking at a couple from the Northern territory. Will it just not happen? We would be hoping to have a brave lump of a deposit but I just don't know what the ins and outs are. Reliable work etc and all that jazz. Any advice is really welcome.

Ring these financial brokers in Dundalk.....+353 (42) 933 3460‬ Acorn finance.

TwoUpTwoDown

Thanks BCB. Have you an idea of their costs before I dive in headfirst?

FL/MAYO

I managed to get a mortgage while still living and working in the U.S.  I can PM you the mortgage brokers details of you wish. The bank pay the broker once you drawdown the mortgage.

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: FL/MAYO on July 29, 2019, 06:11:12 PM
I managed to get a mortgage while still living and working in the U.S.  I can PM you the mortgage brokers details of you wish. The bank pay the broker once you drawdown the mortgage.

Yeah if you don't mind. I wonder how they would look at the £ in comparison to the €. The $might have carried more weight. When was your move?

FL/MAYO

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on July 29, 2019, 06:41:50 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on July 29, 2019, 06:11:12 PM

Yeah if you don't mind. I wonder how they would look at the £ in comparison to the €. The $might have carried more weight. When was your move?

I closed on the house at the end of April. I'll send you the brokers details. Good luck!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on July 29, 2019, 05:51:47 PM

Thanks BCB. Have you an idea of their costs before I dive in headfirst?

Not sure the fees to be honest. I just know they do cross border mortgages.