Fermanagh Football & Hurling

Started by Erne Gael, November 10, 2006, 10:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the new Summer League for Club teams?

Yes, gives the club players plenty of matches
23 (50%)
No, rather play challenge matches
4 (8.7%)
Waste of time, won't be taken seriously
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

FermGael

Other runners possibly.

Fermanagh men:
Chapman.  Has won  county titles with Newtown and Cavan gaels this year.
Dom.  I would say he will throw his hat in the ring.
Sean Maguire.  His name always seems to get a mention.
Peter Clarke.  Won an all ireland intermediate with Lisnaskea.  Not too many Fermanagh managers have done that.
Ciaran Donnelly:  very good trainer and has done a great job with any CBS team he has been involved with.

Outsiders:
Mark Henry:  Took Fermanagh minors this year and won a championship match for the first time in a life time.
Peter Canavan:  He will not be getting the chance with Tyrone anytime soon so why not??
Frank Dawson:  Has an excellent record with different clubs in a load of different counties.  Certaintly has the experience and know how.
Micko:  Maybe he fancies a crack with an Ulster team before he retires.

Any other names anybody can think off??

Also are we going to see the report??
There is alot more to this situation that putting the blame at John O'Neills door.
IMO the county board have questions that need answered as well...

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Caid

Justin McNulty would be good if could prise him away Laois. However, that is unlikely and anyway it is likely to be too late in the year now to get any other current inter county manager.

Brian McIvor is another name being talked about.

Will probably go to Chapman - and to be fair to him, given what happened in the last round of recruitment, he probably deserves a shot at it.

McGinnity has always shy-ed away from taking the Fermanagh job. Why would he change his mind now when we are arguably at the lowest point ever? I guess the only way is up....
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Hashtag

Radda bout yeee

Beat on the street in Tyrone is that Cathal Corey is one of the front runners! Anyone hear anything?

Hillbilly

Paddy Crozier has been asked to put his hat in the ring as he is now finished at Omagh.

Jimmyjimson

Well lads has anyone heard any more about the job ? According to the IR the 7 people nominated are Peter Canavan, Paddy Crozier, Frank Dawson, Peter Clarke, Dom Corrigan, Darren Chapman and James Lovett. How many of those will actually put themselves through the interview process though is a different matter. Glad to see that Pete McGrath will be part of the selection committee.

Personally I'd like to see an outside manager take the job to try and heal the divisions of last year. I'm disappointed that Brian McIver hasn't been nominated as I thought he would have been ideal. Canavan would certainly have the respect of the players but I don't think Errigal have done that well in the Tyrone Championship under him in the last few years. Nevertheless it would be a great coup to get him and would certainly bring back a spark and interest in the team that has been lacking for a few years.

sammymaguire

Needs to be an outside man (or McGinnity) to sort this whole mess out.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermGael

Would like to see Frank Dawson getting the job.
Has an excellent record at club level.
We need an experienced head who has the CV to back it up.
This is a critical appointment for Fermanagh Gaa.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FermGael

Currently managing Burren in Down.
Has taken them to back to back county titles.
Also won the Down county title with Clonduff at the start of the decade.
Was also the Down COunty hurling manager as well.
Has a very impressive club CV.
Have heard nothing but good reports from clubs he has managed

seafoid

I just hope they get a better manager than Cavan  ;)

Jimmyjimson

Dawson or Canavan for me. Dawson has the best record but Canavan would bring the buzz back.

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

sammymaguire

Supposedly a Canavan & Tom Brew deal done...
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Fermanaghandsam

I assume Donnelly is also on the Canavan ticket?