Dublin v Ros Croke Park 5/8/18

Started by Rossfan, August 01, 2018, 11:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Roscommon County Chairman Seamus Sweeney to John Evans in 2015

"He (Evans) rang me and asked me what my thoughts were on him staying on. I told him that, as far as I was concerned, it was time to him and Roscommon to move on."

After 3 years of poorly conditioned teams and failing to develop any type of defensive structure against average teams (Cavan, Armagh) and good to very good teams (our 3 qtr final games), what are the thoughts of our chairman on a 4th year of this? Doubt we'll hear boo...

manfromdelmonte

Rossfan

Quote from: weareros on August 05, 2018, 08:01:49 PM

"He (Evans) rang me and asked me what my thoughts were on him staying on. I told him that, as far as I was concerned, it was time to him and Roscommon to move on."

After 3 years of poorly conditioned teams and failing to develop any type of defensive structure against average teams (Cavan, Armagh) and good to very good teams (our 3 qtr final games), what are the thoughts of our chairman on a 4th year of this? Doubt we'll hear boo...
+1.

Home tired but not surprised at the expected walloping.
Smallest Ros crowd I've ever seen at a Championship match. Jases we got more at D4 games!!!
I won't go into rant mode ad that was all said 2 weeks ago.
What a pity our expensive management hadn't given Dana Petit a few games in winter,  Spring and Summer!!!
To think they dropped Kelly from the panel earlier in the year.
Bright spots - some ooints Diarmuid and Donie. What has the latter to do to get a starting place?
Do the dacent thing Kevin and Liam.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tonto1888

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Rossfan on August 05, 2018, 10:10:54 PM

+1.

Smallest Ros crowd I've ever seen at a Championship match. Jases we got more at D4 games!!!
What a pity our expensive management hadn't given Dana Petit a few games in winter,  Spring and Summer!!!
Bright spots - some ooints Diarmuid and Donie. What has the latter to do to get a starting place?

the same people who wanted Evans to get an extra yr now not willing to give mcstay 1. despite 3 CFs 1 nestor promotion to D1 and stayed in d1 for a year also.

it matters little who the manager is IMO as we have limited playing personal.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on August 05, 2018, 10:41:56 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 05, 2018, 10:10:54 PM

+1.

the same people who wanted Evans to get an extra yr now not willing to give mcstay 1. despite 3 CFs 1 nestor promotion to D1 and stayed in d1 for a year also.

Roscommon have been pathetic, no defence plan but outside of that whenever a team gets any momentum on them they buckle
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

The Hill is Blue

Cormac Costello with nine points was excellent today. He made a strong case for inclusion on the first fifteen. Paul Flynn and Eoghan O'Gara also played very well. MD McCauley is maintaining the excellent form which he has shown all year.

Jim Gavin has much to think about.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Wildweasel74

O,Gara gives Dublin that long ball option they been missed past 18 months

Cunny Funt

Even a team full of limited playing personal can defend better than Roscommon are currently doing.

Here is a quote from James Horan

"Roscommon have numbers back in defence but their isn't any desire to put any tackle in,to slow down the opponent or to make them turn or to push and keep them out. They don't show any of the basics or understanding in defensive play"

Hard to disagree with any of that but the question is will improvement happen or will it be Déjà vu for Roscommon again next summer.

Syferus

It doesn't speak well for the 25-26 counties below us if we're so useless according to Father Horan..

rrhf

No it doesn't, but an all Ireland intermediate title beckons for ros

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 05, 2018, 11:11:47 PM

Even a team full of limited playing personal can defend better than Roscommon are currently doing.

"Roscommon have numbers back in defence but their isn't any desire to put any tackle in,to slow down the opponent or to make them turn or to push and keep them out. They don't show any of the basics or understanding in defensive play"

Hard to disagree with any of that but the question is will improvement happen or will it be Déjà vu for Roscommon again next summer.

exactly there are players back but they are not good enough. the desire is clear when you see how some players try and get back. how else can you explain players being faster running forward then when thet are going  towards own goal or pulling out of tackles etc.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 05, 2018, 10:49:55 PM
O,Gara gives Dublin that long ball option they been missed past 18 months

Will probably be against Roscommon in the league next spring before O'Gara is given the same type of space and freedom on the ball.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on August 05, 2018, 11:23:26 PM

exactly there are players back but they are not good enough. the desire is clear when you see how some players try and get back. how else can you explain players being faster running forward then when thet are going  towards own goal or pulling out of tackles etc.

I think its called players having their minds focused on attacking from the voices of the management and then not having a clue about their defensive duties because little or no work is done in that area. No surprise that the final four in the championship have a strong focus on defending first and attack second.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 06, 2018, 12:22:49 AM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on August 05, 2018, 11:23:26 PM

I think its called players having their minds focused on attacking from the voices of the management and then not having a clue about their defensive duties because little or no work is done in that area. No surprise that the final four in the championship have a strong focus on defending first and attack second.

What Dublin team have you been watching?