2014 Sigerson

Started by Any craic, January 28, 2014, 03:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Billy going in with two feet there.

retiredgael

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 22, 2014, 08:09:30 PM
Billy says they have "33 genuine students".

you cant buy success too

Captain Obvious

UUJ only played well in the final fifteen minutes. Best side won well done to UCC.

Wildweasel74

UCC by far the better team, for all the names playing on the UUJ team, they played like a bunch of strangers, the postioning of alot of the ulster team i question, How many county men on the UCC team,

rrhf

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 22, 2014, 08:09:30 PM
Billy says they have "33 genuine students".
You would wonder how the canteen stays open..

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Brolly is having a field day on twitter.."UCC 0-10  UUJ Interflora 0-9. Just goes to show, you don't always get what you pay for.".. ;D
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

shark

Prior to Billy Morgan taking the reigns for the 2010 competition UCC hadn't won a Sigerson match for 3/4 years. He has brought them to 4 finals in 5 years, winning 2. I thought they were gone tonight when O'Neill landed that point.

Bingo

Is sigerson over hyped by the playing of intercounty "students".

I don't know if UCC had any intercounty players, likely a good few U21's, but they played like a club team who have together for a while and have a team bond. UUJ look like they bound in the gym when at "college" on a break from their intercounty duties.

Many years a go we had serious craic playing college ball, you played with lads in the college who got their on merit and everyone got stuck in and enjoyed it for what it was. We only ever played trench but had a few intercounty players who done their bit.

Fair play to the intercounty players who may get a good degree or masters out of it but in the greater scheme of things I don't think the rest of intercounty football should stop for it.

skeog

what is the definition of a genuine student that billy morgan was talking about

retiredgael

someone who goes to classes and doesnt just register for a masters and maybe doesnt attend, or does home study

stronghold will tell us we are all paranoid, so what does joe brolly know that the rest of us may only think?

CD

Game was totally destroyed by the wind but I suppose it boiled down to who played it best and UCC were far more cohesive and effective. UUJ just weren't direct enough and didn't use the huge amount of ball that the excellent Niall McKeever won in the second half. Well done UCC and particularly there management and tactical team who really did their homework on their opponents and on the conditions. A deserved victory.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

ballinaman

Quote from: skeog on February 22, 2014, 08:36:30 PM
what is the definition of a genuine student that billy morgan was talking about
The usual stuff...loo roll as kitchen towels, soup and pasta for lunch, scabb lifts home ect I reckon...

Any craic

This is the winning score from my low angle camera... was it over?  I think so, to be honest.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No6kc6yMkCo

Rossfan

Presumably a cohesive bunch of "genuine student" lads will always do better than a made up team with a load of County lads who are more interested in their County duties.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

Quote from: hardstation on February 22, 2014, 09:00:52 PM
It bores the balls off me tbh. It doesn't matter who wins it.
+1.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM