David Clifford to surpass the Gooch?

Started by CumminsCiderLarry, June 03, 2018, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on February 17, 2022, 11:20:48 AM
It's coming every year, they don't have it in them to do it
I completely disagree. We shall soon find out.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: galwayman on February 17, 2022, 09:52:51 AM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on February 17, 2022, 01:03:32 AM
I feel like when the dust settles we could be talking about David Clifford in the "best xv never to win an all Ireland" discussion
I would be shocked if Clifford retires without an All Ireland in all honesty.
With the talent they have coming through it's a matter of time.
Could well be 2022.

Jack O'Connor has a habit of winning the All-Ireland for Kerry the year after Tyrone won it. Kerry have a lot of improvement required in defence if they are to land Sam this year though.

imtommygunn

putting McGeary back in defense would be a start.

iorras

Dunno what the last 10 pages have said, but looking at the title, he may well surpass the Gooch, but will he surpass Cillian O'Connor?

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 17, 2022, 05:07:39 PM
I feel like when the dust settles we could be talking about David Clifford in the "best xv never to win an all Ireland" discussion
Could well be 2022.

Saying this Kerry team need to improve defensively is like saying mayo need to improve at not f**king up in all Ireland finals. They've had the same problem every year, and they haven't improved this year, there's no sign they will

Jack O'Connor has a habit of winning the All-Ireland for Kerry the year after Tyrone won it. Kerry have a lot of improvement required in defence if they are to land Sam this year though.
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

galwayman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on February 17, 2022, 05:30:11 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 17, 2022, 05:07:39 PM
Could well be 2022.

Saying this Kerry team need to improve defensively is like saying mayo need to improve at not f**king up in all Ireland finals. They've had the same problem every year, and they haven't improved this year, there's no sign they will

Like I said we will soon find out!

rrhf

I think its kerrys to loose as well. But have a feeling that the Dubs will have a major say when they get their players back. All depends on the referees these days of course. 

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on February 17, 2022, 05:30:11 PM

It's a new Kerry management with a new defensive coach and it only February a long way from the business end of the championship.

Last year i didn't see Kerry winning the All-Ireland under Peter Keane and his management it remains to be seen will that change under O'Connor who knows what it takes to win All-Irelands with Kerry.

imtommygunn

They are hardly miles away though. Even with defensive frailties last year things could have been different were Clifford not injured. Small margins and luck.

hoynevalley

Quote from: iorras on February 17, 2022, 05:20:41 PM
Dunno what the last 10 pages have said, but looking at the title, he may well surpass the Gooch, but will he surpass Cillian O'Connor?

Be very difficult for Cifford to surpass O'Connor as in Seanie O'Shea is a heavy scorer too and takes most of the frees for kerry.

greatpoint

Quote from: galwayman on February 17, 2022, 12:18:44 PM

Year on year the media and fans alike fall over themselves to proclaim Kerry as the Champions in waiting. This is Clifford's 5th year on the panel and there's no evidence they're any closer to winning an All-Ireland.

mouview

Surprised that some would say Clifford now better than Gooch, maybe in time he will. Has yet to achieve at Senior level, though no doubting that he's a generational talent.

JoG2

Quote from: greatpoint on February 17, 2022, 07:38:43 PM

Year on year the media and fans alike fall over themselves to proclaim Kerry as the Champions in waiting. This is Clifford's 5th year on the panel and there's no evidence they're any closer to winning an All-Ireland.

Now that Dublin aren't nailed on, Kerry have a very good chance of winning the AI.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: JoG2 on February 17, 2022, 10:11:50 PM

Now that Dublin aren't nailed on, Kerry have a very good chance of winning the AI.

Didn't you say the same thing last year?  ;) :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

JoG2

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 17, 2022, 11:04:13 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on February 17, 2022, 10:11:50 PM

Didn't you say the same thing last year?  ;) :P

Verbatim, probably!  ;D