30 (19.1%)
No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

Wildweasel74

I couldn't see you get away with an extra man on at the end on the line, in a important final in any other sport, why should the GAA be any different.

seafoid

I think KC will take their beating and agree to a replay, in line with the rules. If they are good enough they will win it. If they aren't they won't.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on January 29, 2023, 06:44:38 PM
I think KC will take their beating and agree to a replay, in line with the rules. If they are good enough they will win it. If they aren't they won't.

The outcomes are easy to understand you have forfeit Fine and Replay..

Seems both parties will chat and maybe iron something out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Maurice Deegan very funny on Newstalk doing his best not to blame the ref even though it's clearly his fault. The ref included no mention of the 16th man in his report. What a complete spanner.

Deegan explained the process of a substitution and a key aspect is the ref stops play to allow the sub to come on (after he has been notified that the team have given the appropriate paperwork to the sideline official). Then the ref does not re-start play until the process is completed. But in this case he allowed play to commence before the process was completed. Kilmacud had no opportunity to tell Mullin that he was to come off.

Just like the ref missed the blatant square ball in the last play, it's a ref error.

Walter Cronc

Pauric Joyce had an interesting take on it after last night's game. When asked about Shane Walsh and his travels (the life of a student) he thought there could be appeals and counter appeals and the game could be 4-5 weeks away.

Hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 29, 2023, 06:48:15 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 29, 2023, 06:44:38 PM

The outcomes are easy to understand you have forfeit Fine and Replay..

Seems both parties will chat and maybe iron something out
Neither team wants a replay. Best team on the day won and everyone knows that. I'm hearing strong indications that the agreement they'll reach is that Walsh will play for Glen next year, but Crokes will continue to cover his rent 😜

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Hound on January 29, 2023, 06:56:08 PM
Maurice Deegan very funny on Newstalk doing his best not to blame the ref even though it's clearly his fault. The ref included no mention of the 16th man in his report. What a complete spanner.

Deegan explained the process of a substitution and a key aspect is the ref stops play to allow the sub to come on (after he has been notified that the team have given the appropriate paperwork to the sideline official). Then the ref does not re-start play until the process is completed. But in this case he allowed play to commence before the process was completed. Kilmacud had no opportunity to tell Mullin that he was to come off.

Just like the ref missed the blatant square ball in the last play (and no penalty as foul committed outside square), it's a ref error.

PadraicHenryPearse

The ref and 4th official made the errors. KC did not cheat. As a result of the ref and 4th official errors they restarted the game when KC had more than 15 on the pitch.   If the ref and 4th official did their jobs correctly this would not be an issue.

As the ref and 4th official caused the issue, in my opinion the result will stand and should stand.

Wildweasel74

You talk about missing a square ball, sure the ref let go a blatant push in the back of McGuckin in the penalty area, in the play where Glass ended up taking a quick pot shot. He gave a penalty that never was. I think he was quite lenient on Crokes.

Wildweasel74

Result will not stand, simply because in the rulebook for the infringement the penalty is conceding the game, fine, replay. One too much, the other too light a punishment. Doesn't matter who's fault it is, that what it states.

SHEEDY

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 29, 2023, 07:00:30 PM
The ref and 4th official made the errors. KC did not cheat. As a result of the ref and 4th official errors they restarted the game when KC had more than 15 on the pitch.   If the ref and 4th official did their jobs correctly this would not be an issue.

As the ref and 4th official caused the issue, in my opinion the result will stand and should stand.
spot on, the result should stand, best team on the day won. Officials made a mistake, learn from it and try to put measures in place to ensure it doesn't happen again.
nil satis nisi optimum

Walter Cronc

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on January 29, 2023, 07:00:30 PM

Who ever said KC cheated? Errors by officials have previously resulted in much harsher penalties  against teams (R. Brennan knows all about that with Dunboyne). So what's the difference. Either rules are to be adhered to or they are not.

RedHand88

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 29, 2023, 07:10:13 PM
Result will not stand, simply because in the rulebook for the infringement the penalty is conceding the game, fine, replay. One too much, the other too light a punishment. Doesn't matter who's fault it is, that what it states.

This guy gets it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 29, 2023, 07:41:43 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 29, 2023, 07:10:13 PM

This guy gets it.
Yeah 3 options, I can guess the answer to that and both Glen and Crokes will agree to it. So put it to bed once it's agreed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU