106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2023, 08:47:20 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on January 25, 2023, 08:44:52 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2023, 08:43:33 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 25, 2023, 08:22:47 AM
KC need to come up with something to counter Wattys and avoid a replay. What can they come up with ?

Wattys failed to bring on an extra sub so it's their fault
Everybody is just jealous of us
It's the ref's fault. The ref should be forfeited
What about them ?

So what did KC do wrong here?

They had 17 men on the pitch during play.

They made the subs, they gave the 4th official the slips and did what they had to do

The question is why Mullin stayed on. We don't know. Did he override the club's instructions? Was he a lone wolf on the goal line ?
Or was he working for the family, an innocent gobshite caught up in a much bigger web ?
It would make a great Scooby Doo episode.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 25, 2023, 08:50:34 AM
KC need to come up with something to counter Wattys and avoid a replay. What can they come up with ?

What about them ?

They made the subs, they gave the 4th official the slips and did what they had to do

Apart from slightly important bit of taking the other lad off. Do you have a horse in this race or why are you blindly defending it?

I've no horse in the and I'm totally behind Glen making the appeal on the grounds that there was 16 players involved in the area where the ball was played, Mannion is not even considered top be part of play, he looked like an over eager under 12 coach on the pitch..

KC will argue that they did nothing wrong and that the officials started the game incorrectly, if you give the slips to the 4th official and he then informs the ref what else can they do? How long was he on the pitch? In all that commotion as a manager you aint looking to see where the sub is tbf
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 25, 2023, 08:50:34 AM

What about them ?

Apart from slightly important bit of taking the other lad off. Do you have a horse in this race or why are you blindly defending it?

;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on January 25, 2023, 08:57:00 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 24, 2023, 10:34:21 PM
It can be exploited also, so it's got to be no subs in injury time
I know refs arent the brightest but surely they can add time on for subs....

Says the guy who's Andrew Tate's biggest fan!

In this game he did play over the the 63 minutes, but you being smart would know this..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/01/25/the-stats-dont-lie-old-mantra-of-league-only-being-the-league-is-fading/

Sure, isn't Jack O'Connor only sending a hastily assembled bunch of inexperienced young lads and some taped-together auld fellas up to Donegal. The current league champions will be lucky to have 15 players in Ballybofey. And you need 16 or 17 players to finish a game nowadays.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trueblue1234

Quote from: Hound on January 25, 2023, 08:54:27 AM
Quote from: whitey on January 25, 2023, 12:08:32 AM
Quote from: fearbrags on January 24, 2023, 11:21:52 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on January 24, 2023, 11:12:12 PM
Quote from: fearbrags on January 24, 2023, 11:05:35 PM
In Fairness  if it was a Tyrone team in place of Dubs,  we would already have decided that they did it on purpose and  a replay would already be ordered a or the game would be awarded to the opposition ;)
But they definitely would have done it on purpose!
It would have made the decision easier I guess, ;) but the Dubs are no angels  , One all Ireland finished the Dubs one point ahead Mayo , Mayo Goalkeeper trying to kick the ball out and four sets of players grappling on the ground , No remarks past   ""they were all at it ""  8)

I believe the keepers tee was also thrown into the Hill and the spare ball behind the goal was booted away for good measure

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-20470478.html

Comment at the time was that the ref could have issued 4 Black Cards to the Dubs, but of course he bottled it

(That might have been another game though)
Mad that so many Nordies swallow the lies fed by the Mayo and the media!

There was enormous whinging and lies by Mayo and the media over this incident (2017 final).  Maybe to deflect they'd bottled it, or to avoid Lee Keegan getting a ban for the most blatant piece of cheating even seen in an All Ireland final!

Rock had a last gasp free to win the match after the majestic Connolly was fouled for the umpteenth time. Ciaran Kilkenny was to pick up Keegan for the resulting kickout so had his eyes on Keegan when the threw the GPS at Rock (who didn't flinch and calmly slotted over the winning point) so Kilkenny went for Keegan and wrestled him to the ground. That was the only Dublin player who pulled an opposing player on the ground. Despite there being video proof of this (see 1.42.15 of this video), the outright lie that 4 or 5 Dublin players had wrestled opponents to the ground is still is taken as fact and often referred to in analysis (some even praise the Dubs for it as "doing all it takes to win a game" - morons, as the only impact it had was for the Dubs to fack thne kickout with a man less!).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYBFoI-fznE

Costello did throw the kicking tee. But the ref dealt with those two incidents appropriately, black for Kilkenny, yellow for Costello.

So it actually couldn't have worked out worse for the Dubs. Rock took his kick exactly on 76 minutes (there was 6 mins injury time), the initial kickout by Clarke was kicked to an area where there 3 Dubs v 2 Mayo, so Dubs were favs to win it. But the kickout had to be retaken, Dublin were thus a man down, and the ref added on another 3 minutes! (blew up at 78.55 when a Dub would have been clean through on goal). All Clarke had to do was find a Mayo man with his kickout and it's pretty certain that Mayo would have worked a scoring opportunity. But Clarke blazed it over the sideline!!

Anyway, sorry for the digression, but it's a game I love reminiscing about!

WTF? Leave us the feck outa it. Neither whitey or Fearbrags are from the north.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Wildweasel74

What KC do wrong? That's fairly simple, they brought on 2 took off 1, am back again to, well when I was a player, if you coming on to the field, you tell u teammate  he going off, Players IQ hasn't dipped in recent years. So why the sub make no attempt to tell the lad he coming in for, he's off?

johnnycool

What about them ?

That's the thing, I've always thought it was the club themselves responsible for substitutions etc etc but we'll soon find out.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 25, 2023, 09:06:07 AM
What KC do wrong? That's fairly simple, they brought on 2 took off 1, am back again to, well when I was a player, if you coming on to the field, you tell u teammate  he going off, Players IQ hasn't dipped in recent years. So why the sub make no attempt to tell the lad he coming in for, he's off?

You are looking at it from a 'gentlemans agreement, fairplay crap' The slips were given and its totally down to the officials that allowed play to continue while there was an extra man on the pitch.

The player coming on was given (I'm sure) instructions to line out or pick someone up, Its not a league game on a Wed night in the sticks with nothing really at stake, there is no high fives to the sub its some player trying to win an All Ireland

I'm just looking at how KC will approach this, and if this was your club you may think the same

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 25, 2023, 05:36:23 AM
Quote from: J70 on January 25, 2023, 01:54:23 AM
Good for Glen.

Disgrace that they had to take the initiative to force action however.

Rules is rules. Club has to object. Could be a good time to revisit that rule and get something on the agenda for the next Congress to allow the CCC to order a replay without having to wait for the club to put something in.
No they don't. The GAA can and should've investigated themselves first.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on January 25, 2023, 09:09:50 AM

What about them ?

That's the thing, I've always thought it was the club themselves responsible for substitutions etc etc but we'll soon find out.

Personally and I hope it doesn't happen is the Ref will be made the scapegoat here and Croke may use that to not have a replay.

I feel he made a genuine mistake, he didn't count how many were on the pitch, I never would unless its brought to my attention, and with only seconds left on the clock blew his whistle to play on, the match should have restarted with the 45 after they realised but it didnt!

gallsman

Colm Parkinson is a horrible, ferrety little ****. Nothing more than a controversialist. A slightly less batshit version of Ewan MacKenna, and he was only ever a marginally better footballer.

Louther

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2023, 09:11:27 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 25, 2023, 09:06:07 AM

You are looking at it from a 'gentlemans agreement, fairplay crap' The slips were given and its totally down to the officials that allowed play to continue while there was an extra man on the pitch.

The player coming on was given (I'm sure) instructions to line out or pick someone up, Its not a league game on a Wed night in the sticks with nothing really at stake, there is no high fives to the sub its some player trying to win an All Ireland

I'm just looking  at how KC will approach this, and if this was your club you may think the same

Do you think that on the KC sideline, with all their Mgt and club Secretary, someone didn't say/notice that the player hasn't come off and either thought to themselves, I'll say nothing until the ref notices or he does says something and is promptly told to say nothing until the ref notices. I'd have little doubt this happened, even in the heat of the battle and in the blink of an eye  and it might never be admitted or proven but someone will have that guilt in the Crokes camp if this goes to a replay. Very little gets missed along the line even in an instant and someone would have expect the sub to appear.

I'd even wager someone thought if this goes in as goal we will say we'd extra man on field and look the 45 retaken  ;D

Louther

Quote from: gallsman on January 25, 2023, 09:17:00 AM
Colm Parkinson is a horrible, ferrety little ****. Nothing more than a controversialist. A slightly less batshit version of Ewan MacKenna, and he was only ever a marginally better footballer.

Parkinson against everything but stands for nothing. All about the clicks and attention.

He'll likely just start calling people idiots who don't agree with him.

Keyser soze

I would think the mistake here is made by the referee and/or 4th official.

In a club league game with one official and a small crowd it is mainly the manager who will have to accept responsibility for the number of players on the pitch. The torn bit of paper with the name of sub and player he is subbing off goes on with the player and he gives it directly to the referee, who watches who goes off. Also in this situation the opposition players and management are usually quick to notice if there's an extra man and bring it to the referee's attention.

In a situation with a 20,000 crowd this is not possible. Dara Mullin probably had no idea that he was bring taken off unless he happened to look over and see his number, its not like anyone was able to shout on to him your coming off. This is why in big games there is a 4th official and linesman organising the changes so they can communicate the changes to the ref as its also impossible for the referee to see or hear all that going on.

In this case the 4th official should be aware that 2 players went on and only 1 came off and should have let the referee know this. So he either failed to do this or the referee played on regardless.