FIFA Goal of the Year

Started by Wildweasel74, December 03, 2014, 11:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Kinda laughing when i seen a girl had the shortlist for the world goal of the year??
Then i watched it, best goal this year by a country mile, just voted for her!!

http://www.fifa.com/ballon-dor/puskas-award/

magpie seanie

I think it is the best goal too. I'd make no apologies for voting for her, it was brilliant.

Croí na hÉireann

You can vote multiple times using different browsers
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

muppet

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 04, 2014, 02:16:43 PM

Nice one.

How many different types of browsers are there?
MWWSI 2017

snoopdog

when you take in the leve of players she is up against in that game compared to that of Rodriguez and Van Persie plus the keeper looked like she was waiting for a bus, is it that great a goal? great technique, no question but the quality of the opposition????? These 2 guys score goals all the time, they are proven at the top table. was hers a fluke i dont know, havent seen anyother goals of hers. I think in my opininon it would be a bit of a joke if she won. Whats to stop every pub league recording their games in the hope of a wonder goal or fluke and then download it on youtube.

Personally i voted twice for RVP and plan to vote a few times more

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: snoopdog on December 04, 2014, 02:25:07 PM
when you take in the leve of players she is up against in that game compared to that of Rodriguez and Van Persie plus the keeper looked like she was waiting for a bus, is it that great a goal? great technique, no question but the quality of the opposition????? These 2 guys score goals all the time, they are proven at the top table. was hers a fluke i dont know, havent seen anyother goals of hers. I think in my opininon it would be a bit of a joke if she won. Whats to stop every pub league recording their games in the hope of a wonder goal or fluke and then download it on youtube.

Well that's good for you,  bless your cotton socks!

magpie seanie

...whereas the keeper does brilliantly on RVP's goal....

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: muppet on December 04, 2014, 02:18:30 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 04, 2014, 02:16:43 PM

Nice one.

How many different types of browsers are there?

2. Internet Explorer and the other one that you use.

You're not voting for other goals she may have scored, you're voting on the three goals laid out in video before you. Was it a fluke? Well I don't think she was aiming for the corner flag...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

nrico2006

Kasami and Cahills should be on the shortlist ahead of Rodriguez and RVP.  Your girls is the best though.  The keepers efforts in RVPs and James' goals were no better or worse than that in the Irish girls.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

screenexile

What a mad comment!! Her goal wasn't scored in the pub league for a start. You're asked to judge 3 goals on their merits. The fact Rodriguez and VP are top players playing at the World Cup doesn't enter the equation the question you have to be asked is which is the best goal. To be fair VP's isn't one of the best 3 goals of the year but it was done by public vote which means United fans probably tried to break the internet to get one of their players to win something as it'll be a while until they win anything else!

Stephanie Roche's goal is the best of the 3 just slightly better than Rodriguez I would say.

snoopdog

i knew i would get blasted for that post. come on own up lads your only voting for her cause she is irish.
and thats why she will win cause the irish love to hijack on line voting.
yes i am a United supporter. Come on RVP

beer baron

I scored a goal on the astro turf back in February that's better than any of them,how do i enter?

deiseach

Whats to stop every pub league recording their games in the hope of a wonder goal or fluke and then download it on youtube.

GIYF. The rules for the Puskas award state that:

Quote2. The importance of the match should be taken into account (objective - limited to "A" international teams, confederation championships and national top-division club matches: the more important the goal, the better).

3. The goal should not be the result of luck or mistakes by the other team.

gallsman

The Puskas award is for the most aesthetically significant, or "most beautiful" goal. Roche's is by far the best of the original ten on the shortlist. I'd have had Kasami's and Ibra's up there with her.

As for voting as many times as you can because someone plays for your favourite club, that's just a wee bit sad.

laoislad

Quote from: gallsman on December 04, 2014, 03:42:03 PM
The Puskas award is for the most aesthetically significant, or "most beautiful" goal. Roche's is by far the best of the original ten on the shortlist. I'd have had Kasami's and Ibra's up there with her.

As for voting as many times as you can because someone plays for your favourite club, that's just a wee bit sad.
It's more than sad, it's pathetic.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.