The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 09, 2020, 03:57:43 PM
Quote from: Armamike on November 09, 2020, 03:43:18 PM
VAR's been a bollix this season!

Any word yet on Matip following yesterday? :P

What do you mean any word yet?  He didn't get injured yesterday for a change. Do you meant Trent? Injury and Matip are kinda a default setting in fairness

Just being sarcastic. Half expecting to hear he's picked up an innocuous knock that will rumble on for 3 months! Trent was to get a scan today.
That's just, like your opinion man.

gawa316

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 09, 2020, 02:40:08 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on November 09, 2020, 02:19:50 PM
If Fabinho ,VVD and Thiago were in that team yesterday, instead of Gomez, Gini and Firmino;  it would have formidable

International break gives 2 further weeks for Fab And Thiago to get fit, 2 weeks for Matip to get fitter and 2 weeks to see how Trent is. Get them back for 2 weeks times if possible. Hopefully pick up no shitty injuries in the meantime and restart. The Leicester game is a toughie to get going again so hopefully they will be rearing to go. A win there to kick on from that on top of the table

Best case scenario is TAA's scan will come back clean and he gets a 2 week break...but with our injury record this season I won't hold my breath.

Looking forward to getting Thiago back on that midfield

gawa316

Quote from: gawa316 on November 09, 2020, 06:36:32 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 09, 2020, 02:40:08 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on November 09, 2020, 02:19:50 PM
If Fabinho ,VVD and Thiago were in that team yesterday, instead of Gomez, Gini and Firmino;  it would have formidable

International break gives 2 further weeks for Fab And Thiago to get fit, 2 weeks for Matip to get fitter and 2 weeks to see how Trent is. Get them back for 2 weeks times if possible. Hopefully pick up no shitty injuries in the meantime and restart. The Leicester game is a toughie to get going again so hopefully they will be rearing to go. A win there to kick on from that on top of the table

Best case scenario is TAA's scan will come back clean and he gets a 2 week break...but with our injury record this season I won't hold my breath.

Looking forward to getting Thiago back on that midfield

4 weeks for Trent  :(

Armamike

Looks like injuries are going to keep happening this season for all sides.  Will be interesting to see the stats compared to previous years.
That's just, like your opinion man.

thewobbler

Quote from: Armamike on November 09, 2020, 09:21:24 PM
Looks like injuries are going to keep happening this season for all sides.  Will be interesting to see the stats compared to previous years.

Is it really though?

From my (admittedly poorly researched) vantage point, Liverpool are going through the same spate of injuries to key players that all the other top clubs have periodically endured over the past few seasons. It seems unusual to Liverpool as they got through 19/20 with very light injuries to their first XI.

gawa316

Quote from: thewobbler on November 09, 2020, 09:39:25 PM
Quote from: Armamike on November 09, 2020, 09:21:24 PM

Is it really though?

From my (admittedly poorly researched) vantage point, Liverpool are going through the same spate of injuries to key players that all the other top clubs have periodically endured over the past few seasons. It seems unusual to Liverpool as they got through 19/20 with very light injuries to their first XI.

I've done no research on this either so have no idea the figures behind Liverpool's injuries last season and other clubs but we were without Alisson, Matip, Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Ox, Lovren and Shaq for extended periods of time. I could be wrong but because city were without Laporte and Sane for a large chunk, people just seemed to think they had loads of injuries and we had none.

thewobbler

Klopp had a pretty clear "cup final XI" last season (partly enforced by Matip's absence). The vast majority of them played in 32+ matches, and all of them played 28+ matches.

It doesn't mean they weren't knocked a bit by injuries. But in a season where they were competing in every possible trophy, that's a hefty return in my estimation.

gawa316

Quote from: thewobbler on November 09, 2020, 09:54:11 PM
Klopp had a pretty clear "cup final XI" last season (partly enforced by Matip's absence). The vast majority of them played in 32+ matches, and all of them played 28+ matches.

It doesn't mean they weren't knocked a bit by injuries. But in a season where they were competing in every possible trophy, that's a hefty return in my estimation.

Do you have figures for say City or other clubs?

thewobbler

Quote from: gawa316 on November 09, 2020, 09:55:55 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 09, 2020, 09:54:11 PM

Do you have figures for say City or other clubs?

No I've been clear this this is poorly researched. But for an entire season you could pretty much be sure that 8-9 of the first XI was playing for Liverpool. City is a harder comparison because they always swap players out. United, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea though was pure lucky bag stuff (apart from immediately after Covid when United settled into same team every week).

Spurs are going through a similar thing at present this season. There's been minor knocks to Lo Celso and Dier. But you know who 8-9 starters are going to be every week. Jose's got the same spine and width out every week.

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GetOverTheBar

BennyCake

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 11, 2020, 02:57:08 PM
Joe Gomez potentially "seriously injured".

Does that mean life threatening or a long spell off from football?

J70

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 11, 2020, 03:39:46 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12130019/joe-gomez-liverpool-defender-suffers-injury-during-england-training

Football.

Fuckin hell.

Matip is made of glass.

Fabinho misses games here and there too.

TAA out also.

There could be matches where you'll have Phillips and two Williams in the back four.

blewuporstuffed

Id imagine if Gomez injury is anyway remotely long term, it will force Klopps hand an he will have to bring someone in In January .
If its only a matter of weeks, hopefully they can get by with Fabino & Matip.
The young Williams lad has done pretty well when called upon, but I wouldnt fancy him against Vardy in the next PL game or  against some of the better CL sides. Its a  big step up
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either