Armagh v Galway AIQF

Started by tonto1888, June 13, 2022, 03:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Eire90 on June 26, 2022, 04:42:15 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on June 26, 2022, 04:36:30 PM
GAA HQ should hang  their heads In shame  by allowing that penalty nonsense to decide a game.

We all should have had a  replay to forward to  next weekend.

why not the first to 3 points

Jez, do you want Kerry and Mayo to play at all this evening?

Captain Obvious

Bollix to that, what an awful way to decide All-Ireland quarter final. Galway in fairness to them were the better team in normal time and only for a dodgy keeper Armagh wouldn't have found a way back into the match.

Eire90

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2022, 04:45:53 PM
GAA HQ should hang  their heads In shame  by allowing that penalty nonsense to decide a game.

maybe you could make it first to 2 that way it still ends with a goal but would not be as cruel if there was golden point

smort

5, if not 6, teams could win ulster next year

Nanderson

Quote from: Eire90 on June 26, 2022, 04:48:14 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2022, 04:45:53 PM

maybe you could make it first to 2 that way it still ends with a goal but would not be as cruel if there was golden point
i'd go 1st to pull out gap of 2 points or more

Itchy

Can't help but feel Armagh deserved to get bet on penalties. Brutal behaviour yet again.

thewobbler

I'm currently on a crusade to help people understand penalty shootouts.

When you can shift your mindset from one in which the "loser" doesn't deserve to exit, to the (right) mindset in which a team that doesn't win a game has no right to proceed, it's a lot easier to take a penalty shoot out loss.

If you want to proceed, win a game. But if you don't win, don't expect a second chance.

quit yo jibbajabba

Its prob been said earlier (not readin back 10pgs at this stage lol) but what about next score wins?! Imagine the tension while that plays out

greatpoint

Armagh always seem to let themselves down.

trueblue1234

Great game. Fair to play to both teams. Hard to lose that way. Still a good year for Armagh all said and done so can take consolation in that.
Pity bout the melee, will be a big talking point I'm sure. Didn't see what kicked it all off so hard to comment.

Can't see Galway getting by Derry. Just too flaky.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 26, 2022, 04:50:53 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 26, 2022, 04:46:09 PM
Bollix to that, what an awful way to decide All-Ireland quarter final. Galway in fairness to them were the better team in normal time and only for a dodgy keeper Armagh wouldn't have found a way back into the match.
There are finals of much bigger competitions across the globe decided like that. Stop being so precious.
I don't care about finals in other sports. GAA didn't have to ape a foreign sport to decide its important knock out matches.

Eire90

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 26, 2022, 04:54:25 PM
Its prob been said earlier (not readin back 10pgs at this stage lol) but what about next score wins?! Imagine the tension while that plays out

i said they should  do first to 2 or 3 points wins

Captain Obvious

Quote from: trueblue1234 on June 26, 2022, 04:55:48 PM
Great game. Fair to play to both teams. Hard to lose that way. Still a good year for Armagh all said and done so can take consolation in that.
Pity bout the melee, will be a big talking point I'm sure. Didn't see what kicked it all off so hard to comment.

Can't see Galway getting by Derry. Just too flaky.
Find a less dodgy keeper and I'd give Galway a right good chance of beating Derry.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 26, 2022, 04:58:44 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 26, 2022, 04:56:47 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on June 26, 2022, 04:50:53 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 26, 2022, 04:46:09 PM
There are finals of much bigger competitions across the globe decided like that. Stop being so precious.
I don't care about finals in other sports. GAA didn't have to ape a foreign sport to decide its important knock out matches.
More tears please.
Are you 12 years old 

From the Bunker