Started by RedHand88, July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Tyrone by 1-3
Tyrone by 4+
Kerry by 1-3
Kerry by 4+

RedHand88

Can't see this being a repeat of the league. Tyrone have come on leaps and bounds since then.

tyrone08

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 31, 2021, 05:56:14 PM
Can't see this being a repeat of the league. Tyrone have come on leaps and bounds since then.

Ah think kerry have came on as well. Nothing but a kerry win. Tyrone still settling in while kerry are almost a finished article.

NotedObserver

Tyrone keeper surely an issue. Covid seems to have hit the camp as well so v difficult to see a Tyrone win

SouthDublinBro

Kerry would definitely have been hoping for Monaghan

Schkite

Think that Kerry attack will be just too much to be honest, if they can get on top early then I'd find it very hard to see Tyrone turn it around.

Tyrone need to keep it tight early and not let the game get away from them, I'd it's close after the second half water break it could get interesting. But I'd imagine Kerry will do enough damage to win.

trueblue1234

I'll think Tyrone will be fairly happy with the season. Winning Ulster is a fair return for the first year for the management team. Anything more is a bonus but I don't think they'll get much change out of a Kerry team that look stronger than they have for a while.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

yellowcard

Watch the media try and talk Tyrone up prior to this semi final. The reality is that Kerry are operating on a completely different level than Tyrone.

Tyrone's only chance would be to turn the game into a physically bruising, high intensity slug fest by keeping in touch until 10 minutes to go and hope that Kerry's old mental frailties resurface. I think the game will be long over at that stage though.

Yes, it's a free shot to nothing for Tyrone but they can opt to go out of the championship with either a whimper or a bang.

greatpoint

Tyrone were being overrated after beating a 14 man Donegal, I think today's performance is a truer reflection on where they are at. They don't have a free taker and their bench is nowhere near as good as has been made out. Monaghan left that behind them today and I can see Kerry comfortably beating Tyrone in the semi-final.

tyrone08

Quote from: greatpoint on July 31, 2021, 07:43:32 PM
Tyrone were being overrated after beating a 14 man Donegal, I think today's performance is a truer reflection on where they are at. They don't have a free taker and their bench is nowhere near as good as has been made out. Monaghan left that behind them today and I can see Kerry comfortably beating Tyrone in the semi-final.

Agree with most of it as tyrone were very overhyped in the run up to this game. Although both mcshane and canavan are just back from injuries and a few players were missing due to covid. Tyrones bench is better than today game but won't be enough to trouble kerry never mind Dublin.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: greatpoint on July 31, 2021, 07:43:32 PM
Tyrone had 5 players ruled out due to covid today, and Mcshane, Canavan and Munroe only coming back after longer term injuries. I think when they have everyone available, their squad is one of their strengths
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: NotedObserver on July 31, 2021, 06:17:47 PM
Tyrone keeper surely an issue. Covid seems to have hit the camp as well so v difficult to see a Tyrone win
Keeper an issue? Morgan was superb today.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Farrandeelin

Anybody know the days for the semi finals? Will this one be on the Saturday or Sunday? Or will the CCC meet tomorrow morning to decide?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Sportacus

If Tyrone have everyone back in the dressing room you'd think it would be a big boost, and after getting whipped in Killarney, they've the opportunity to turn it into a tight game and make Kerry doubt themselves.  But, will Tyrone's backs end up chasing shadows?

RedHand88

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 01, 2021, 10:25:40 AM
Anybody know the days for the semi finals? Will this one be on the Saturday or Sunday? Or will the CCC meet tomorrow morning to decide?

Been wondering this myself. I'm assuming they will decide tomorrow once the 4 semi finalists are confirmed.

tyrone08

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 01, 2021, 12:30:09 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 01, 2021, 10:25:40 AM

Been wondering this myself. I'm assuming they will decide tomorrow once the 4 semi finalists are confirmed.

Would almost guarantee Dublin will be playing on Saturday to suit them better.