Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

On the one hand Sunday means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things but then on the other hand it's an Ulster championship match at home to Monaghan and you don't want to be losing those kind of matches.

It'll be interesting this year how it'll work out with the likes of Mayo going into the last 16 with no games or potentially Tyrone playing very tough games against Monaghan, Donegal and Armagh before it gets going.

Tyrone Dreamer

You'd imagine a competitive game every two weeks would fit nicely into the schedule. 6/7 weeks is a long layoff.

ONeill

It's a long lay-off, but it's likely that you only really need to win 1 of your 3 games in the group to proceed.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

God14

Niall Gartland confirms two new additions to the senior panel.
Trillicks Seanie O'Donnell and Carrickmores James Donaghy

TyroneClubs

Well that 2nd half was shocking. The defending for that goal was awful, Morgan beat easily at near post but not a hand laid on them at all the whole way up field.

What does that mean now for Tyrone in new format?

tyrone08

Quote from: TyroneClubs on April 16, 2023, 05:52:39 PM
Well that 2nd half was shocking. The defending for that goal was awful, Morgan beat easily at near post but not a hand laid on them at all the whole way up field.

What does that mean now for Tyrone in new format?

Not sure how the new format works to be honest. Morgan should learn to close his legs, defending in 2nd half was poor. Thought mcshane should have came on around 50th minute Mark as another option. Not sure why he didn't

square_ball

I didn't think Matty Donnelly was the man to bring off to be honest. He was going well and would have provided a bit of leadership in those closing stages. As said above our defence was very poor in that 2nd half.

tyrone08

Quote from: square_ball on April 16, 2023, 06:03:47 PM
I didn't think Matty Donnelly was the man to bring off to be honest. He was going well and would have provided a bit of leadership in those closing stages. As said above our defence was very poor in that 2nd half.

Agreed. Petey should have been taken off before mattie

Christmas Lights

I'd like to hear the thoughts of southtyronegael.

An Watcher

The only guarantee I can see now is that Tyrone can't be in a group with mayo or galway/roscommon as both are 3rd seeds.  Ideal scenario now would be whoever is the runner up in connacht group plus a division 2 team as 4th seeds.  Worst scenario would be dubs and maybe the likes of armagh as 4th seeds

southtyronegael

Tyrone  came out in the second  half as if the game was over. Very slack. Mc Geary looks done mickey  o Neill is not a chf. Oguz and mc gleenan should  have replaced  those 2 much earlier. Mattie should  have been  kept on. Entertaining  game though and we had it won only for the late goal. Nothing has changed  as far as our goal for the year so we must knuckle  down and get ready for the last  16.

An Watcher

They expected something to happen rather than making it happen.  McGearys confidence looks shot.  Remember the guy who was drilling over shots at croke Park.  He had a few opportunities today but turned them down.  It would be unfair to make him a scapegoat for today though.  It seemed like a collective failure not being able to tag on an odd score here and there at the start of the second half.  With a 5 point lead that's all that was needed.  Only started to play when monaghan got close and then really had to up things when the goal went in. 

GaelTheGael

The named half forward line of Frank Burns, Michael O'Neill and Kieran McGeary were awful, they really struggled. Burns didn't even offer his usual assurance and steady influence in the sweeper role. Oguz has to come in ahead of O'Neill or McGeary. Peter Harte also anonymous again when the game was in the melting pot. The Mattie and McKernan substitutions didn't make any sense.
In saying that Canavan was superb, Kennedy excellent, McCurry and Kilpatrick good - referee very sore on Tyrone especially in the first half to keep Monaghan in it.
Looking down the line Tyrone need to get more scores into the team if they are to make any impact on this years championship - in my opinion that has to involve 2/3 of Ruairi Canavan, Sludden and Oguz in the starting team.

An Watcher

2 minds on oguz.  Kicked the ball away badly today after Tyrone had worked so hard to get it back.  Brain farts like that are real momentum shifts.  Agreed about kennedy though, thought he had a good game again today.  I'm not sure we can put another wee man in the forward line without a big physical presence in there like mcshane but his form must be poor

southtyronegael

I'd have mc gleenan  in ahead of mc Shane.