Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickitin

Quote from: PMG1 on January 21, 2022, 03:31:57 PM
Great to see McAleer and Rushe back, should never have been changed in the first place

welcome to the board Mr Mc Aleer

TheWaterBoy

Any word if games will continue to be Friday evenings or will they go back to Sunday afternoons ?

Degrassi Hi

The Friday evenings games seemed to work well especially during those long May/June evenings - It meant that players could enjoy their weekends with families & friends

Going by the county fixture calendar my guess is that its going to be either the beginning or mid May ACL start.  There are 7 teams in intermediate with Co representation (Aghayaran, Clogher, Edendork, Eglish, Galbally,Pomeroy, Owen Roes), then 12 Teams with Co representatives in Div 1 with Moy, Omagh & Loughmacrory, Killyclogher only having 1 each with Clonoe, Greencastle, Moortown having none. I wonder will the CCC go for a 6 starred game option this year or will it revert back to the 5? Will we see the reintroduction of pre-season competitions like the Jim Devlin/McGarrity cup? Will we know anything before the end of February?

Under Lights

County panel hasn't been finalised yet, there are a number of other intermediate players currently on the panel.

kickitin

Quote from: Under Lights on January 24, 2022, 11:07:05 AM
County panel hasn't been finalised yet, there are a number of other intermediate players currently on the panel.

what clubs not named still have players on it?

Degrassi Hi

Quote from: kickitin on January 24, 2022, 11:39:13 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on January 24, 2022, 11:07:05 AM

what clubs not named still have players on it?

That would be my mistake - Young Nugent from Rock is still involved.

Tyrone2021

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on January 24, 2022, 10:43:34 AM
The Friday evenings games seemed to work well especially during those long May/June evenings - It meant that players could enjoy their weekends with families & friends

Going by the county fixture calendar my guess is that its going to be either the beginning or mid May ACL start.  There are 7 teams in intermediate with Co representation (Aghayaran, Clogher, Edendork, Eglish, Galbally,Pomeroy, Owen Roes), then 12 Teams with Co representatives in Div 1 with Moy, Omagh & Loughmacrory, Killyclogher only having 1 each with Clonoe, Greencastle, Moortown having none. I wonder will the CCC go for a 6 starred game option this year or will it revert back to the 5? Will we see the reintroduction of pre-season competitions like the Jim Devlin/McGarrity cup? Will we know anything before the end of February?

Worked well for senior players not reserves. Reserve football was a shamble last year. Players trying to get out of work and to a certain location for 6.45, usually required to be there at 6 for w warm up. I know in my own club of few players that had to miss games due to work

WT4E

Quote from: Tyrone2021 on January 25, 2022, 12:20:52 AM

Worked well for senior players not reserves. Reserve football was a shamble last year. Players trying to get out of work and to a certain location for 6.45, usually required to be there at 6 for w warm up. I know in my own club of few players that had to miss games due to work

I think its been talked to death already but a big improvement in Tyrone would be to play Reserves as stand alone fixture and give them their own route to promotion/relegation like they do in other counties.

Quote from: WT4E on January 25, 2022, 12:28:41 PM

I think its been talked to death already but a big improvement in Tyrone would be to play Reserves as stand alone fixture and give them their own route to promotion/relegation like they do in other counties.

Saturday Games at 1 and 3

bogball88

Quote from: 03,05,08 on January 25, 2022, 01:41:10 PM

8)
Could impact on the availability of referees given most youth games fixed for Saturdays

Quote from: bogball88 on January 25, 2022, 02:48:53 PM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on January 25, 2022, 01:41:10 PM

8)
Could impact on the availability of referees given most youth games fixed for Saturdays

Let the young lads play on Sundays, Keep them off the drink  ;D

Ancharraig123

They will continue with Friday nights until light doesn't allow it then back to Sundays when necessary

kickitin

can see the tatts struggling this year

interesting to see how their new man will fare in the role, delivered success for the first ever time to ederney which is nice looking on the CV, but the tatts really struggled last year and division 2 has only got twice as tough this year

GKunion

Quote from: kickitin on January 28, 2022, 09:58:50 AM

interesting to see how their new man will fare in the role, delivered success for the first ever time to ederney which is nice looking on the CV, but the tatts really struggled last year and division 2 has only got twice as tough this year
Yea I'd say they'll be pushing league promotion maybe even along with a championship with a cv like that one...

Under Lights

Quote from: kickitin on January 28, 2022, 09:58:50 AM

Intere$ting he took the role con$idering that Tatt$ are in $ame divi$ion as E$kra