Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

Can u still get match program somewhere on website?

ClubScene13

Quote from: WT4E on September 19, 2022, 07:01:49 PM
Can u still get match program somewhere on website?

I believe they can all be found on tyronegaa.ie/matchday

Normally get added a few hours before throw in

Under Lights

Quote from: inroundthesquare on September 19, 2022, 06:38:11 PM
Warner Mullan on teamtalk "Urney's a good championship team, they can put it together for 4 games, they can't seem to sustain a long league season. I'm sure they'll actually get boys out training for the next couple of weeks when they play us because it will be their final"

Good to see a bit of fighting talk rather than the usual postmatch speak

Yes Warner is good at that alright. Was in the paper during the week also saying that he believes this Strabane team will be going all the way to Croke Park.

BrotherMore6592

Kildress actually fought til the end, it was a tight first half and had Kildress' shot that rattled the crossbar went in, who knows.

Edendork always had serious firepower though, their shooting was impeccable. Very dangerous team and well drilled.

It was a great game of football to watch for the neutral, some of the best play I've seen, both teams direct kicking it in, there were a lot of wides kicked - scoreline could have been higher for both!

Was always going to be a tough ask for Kildress but they're a very young, inexperienced team. Edendork would be my favourite to win the competition, above galbally and Eglish.

WT4E

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on September 20, 2022, 07:15:15 AM
Kildress actually fought til the end, it was a tight first half and had Kildress' shot that rattled the crossbar went in, who knows.

Edendork always had serious firepower though, their shooting was impeccable. Very dangerous team and well drilled.

It was a great game of football to watch for the neutral, some of the best play I've seen, both teams direct kicking it in, there were a lot of wides kicked - scoreline could have been higher for both!

Was always going to be a tough ask for Kildress but they're a very young, inexperienced team. Edendork would be my favourite to win the competition, above galbally and Eglish.

Would agree with majority of this.

Edendork where very powerful around midfield and completely dominated us in that area where we are very weak. We needed a strong start to second half but it was Edendork that got it and that killed us in a way. in the first two attacks of the 2nd half we gave away frees in the middle of the park but instead of moving back from the kicker we stupidly gave up yards on the frees and brought them into Niall Morgan range who was nailing them all. CRIMINAL!

Also one of the things I was impressed by was that players I hadn't heard from Edendork where very good to add to the usual big names. I think they will win it.

Its a hard blow for the lads to be defeated by that margin but its been a good season for us with a young team and new manager implementing a new style play.

WT4E

Also well done to Stewartstown on a well stewarded match and the introduction of the £50 Half Time Draw  ;)

The pitch was excellent and they have made a great job of the parking. However it was difficult at times to get a good vantage point as there was a big crowd and you have to get a spot along the fence. If they could create a way to bank up from the perimeter fence it would be even better.

clarshack

Quote from: WT4E on September 20, 2022, 10:02:43 AM
Also well done to Stewartstown on a well stewarded match and the introduction of the £50 Half Time Draw  ;)

The pitch was excellent and they have made a great job of the parking. However it was difficult at times to get a good vantage point as there was a big crowd and you have to get a spot along the fence. If they could create a way to bank up from the perimeter fence it would be even better.

There's a stand coming but not sure yet if it is going to be built at existing pitch or new pitch.

clarshack

Quote from: WT4E on September 20, 2022, 08:59:42 AM
Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on September 20, 2022, 07:15:15 AM

Would agree with majority of this.

Edendork where very powerful around midfield and completely dominated us in that area where we are very weak. We needed a strong start to second half but it was Edendork that got it and that killed us in a way. in the first two attacks of the 2nd half we gave away frees in the middle of the park but instead of moving back from the kicker we stupidly gave up yards on the frees and brought them into Niall Morgan range who was nailing them all. CRIMINAL!

Also one of the things I was impressed by was that players I hadn't heard from Edendork where very good to add to the usual big names. I think they will win it.

Its a hard blow for the lads to be defeated by that margin but its been a good season for us with a young team and new manager implementing a new style play.

I think they will likely win it too particularly if they continue to play in good conditions like last night but if they play on a day in which the weather is like last Sunday then it is a big leveller. Rock might have a say in things though as Eglish (going by their performance against Clogher) might be content enough to be already promoted and Rock gave Edendork a right good game in the championship 2 years ago. On the other side of the draw I wasn't that impressed with Galbally but they should still have just enough to make the final.

clarshack

Quote from: TyroneClubs on September 18, 2022, 08:56:40 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 18, 2022, 08:20:11 PM
Quote from: TyroneClubs on September 18, 2022, 08:05:44 PM
Pomeroy, Gortin, Cookstown and Clogher all with a long wait to play offs

There's nothing to stop Clogher v Cookstown in the meantime?

Nothing really, but the winner will have a long wait on the final game against the d3 team as well.

Clogher v Cookstown scheduled for Saturday 1st October according to the fixtures section.
IFC & JFC Finals are scheduled for weekend of 22/23rd October so Div 3 playoff teams won't be known until then (unless it's a Drumquin v Augher final). It will take a further 2 weeks to complete the Div 3 playoffs so whoever wins between Clogher and Cookstown will be waiting around 6 weeks to play the Div 3 playoff winners. Not ideal for that team.

bigfrank

If the intermediate final is to be the 22/23rd weekend It would be that there will have to be a one week break somewhere separating either the quarter/semi or the semi/final which I suppose happens often enough in Tyrone championship when county team does well. It's looking like a November finish once again for a few teams in playoffs

clarshack

Quote from: bigfrank on September 20, 2022, 01:17:12 PM
If the intermediate final is to be the 22/23rd weekend It would be that there will have to be a one week break somewhere separating either the quarter/semi or the semi/final which I suppose happens often enough in Tyrone championship when county team does well. It's looking like a November finish once again for a few teams in playoffs

IFC & JFC 1/4 Finals are weekend of 30th Sept - 2nd Oct
Semi-Finals are weekend of 7th-9th October

gmcc

What date is the senior final on this year?

clarshack

Quote from: gmcc on September 20, 2022, 03:11:01 PM
What date is the senior final on this year?

Senior 1/4 Finals - 7th/9th October
Semis - 15th/16th October
Final - 29th/30th October

Under Lights

Quote from: clarshack on September 20, 2022, 12:56:10 PM
Quote from: TyroneClubs on September 18, 2022, 08:56:40 PM
Quote from: clarshack on September 18, 2022, 08:20:11 PM
Quote from: TyroneClubs on September 18, 2022, 08:05:44 PM
Pomeroy, Gortin, Cookstown and Clogher all with a long wait to play offs

There's nothing to stop Clogher v Cookstown in the meantime?

Nothing really, but the winner will have a long wait on the final game against the d3 team as well.

Clogher v Cookstown scheduled for Saturday 1st October according to the fixtures section.
IFC & JFC Finals are scheduled for weekend of 22/23rd October so Div 3 playoff teams won't be known until then (unless it's a Drumquin v Augher final). It will take a further 2 weeks to complete the Div 3 playoffs so whoever wins between Clogher and Cookstown will be waiting around 6 weeks to play the Div 3 playoff winners. Not ideal for that team.

Not ideal to have to wait about on the junior team to be declared but better that they have put in that relegation fixture. At least ones teams fate will be determined and lets them end their season.

TyroneClubs

If for example Strabane and Aghaloo meet in championship final, which can happen, they are going to play 3 more championship games. The loser is in play offs so could win 2 of them then play winner of Clogher Cookstown. So in the same period they will have won 4 of 5 games, albeit losing a big one in championship final against a side that has played 1 game in 6 weeks.

Some momentum for the division 3 side