The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Disappointed to hear this and hope it's just a loan and there is the option to recall him when Matip gets crocked again.  A really good player.  Quick as hell and baled Trent out on many occasions with his covering.  It was looking ominous how he seemed to be 4th in the pecking order behind Konate.  Before his injury it was him and VVD and Matip was playing second fiddle to Joe.
That's just, like your opinion man.

gawa316

quit yo jibbajabba

Not a bit.

Hearing nothing about this from my sources (the few boys i follow on the twitter lol)

Could happen in summer but be a strange move by pool to allow now. You can be guaranteed matip gets injured 1 feb if it happened..

gawa316

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 25, 2022, 03:44:37 PM
Not a bit.

Hearing nothing about this from my sources (the few boys i follow on the twitter lol)

Could happen in summer but be a strange move by pool to allow now. You can be guaranteed matip gets injured 1 feb if it happened..

Aye that's what I thought...hadn't heard anything from the likes of Pearce and Jones

dec

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60033711

Sadio Mane scored as Senegal beat nine-man Cape Verde 2-0 in the last 16 at the Africa Cup of Nations, but was immediately forced off with concussion.
Mane curled in off the underside of the crossbar soon after keeper Vozinha had been dismissed over a nasty clash of heads with the Liverpool forward.
Mane continued despite appearing to be briefly knocked out in the incident.
After celebrating his goal he lay down on halfway, and before the game restarted he was led off the field.

trileacman

Gomez can't judge the flight of the ball. Honestly he's pathetic at it and will never make it as a centre half because of this. Good move by Klopp to get rid of him. Were he not English there wouldn't be a 2nd thought given to him moving to villa. He's a decent RB and very little else.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Hound

I doubt there's a single poster on this thread who gives a single hoot that Gomez is English!

He had built up a super partnership with Virgil before injury, but has been more prone to error in the last couple of seasons. Not easy to be consistent when you're just playing the odd game here and there. Can do a short term job at right back, but centre back is definitely his best position.

Difficult for him to be 4th choice having been 2nd choice previously, and still only 24 will hopefully have his best years ahead of him. I don't see much sense in letting away on loan, but if someone made a decent offer we probably wouldnt stand in his way.

imtommygunn

I honestly don't think he's near the level you want. I think him being English got his ability blown up a bit. He seems very quick but as said before positional sense etc not fantastic.

quit yo jibbajabba

My tuppence - hard to know lol. Suarez made a few boys look like superstars the couple seasons he was flying, maybe the same can be said for anyone playing alongside Virgil. But at same time they were near water tight in the league winning season and he kept Matip out of the team so some credit is due. We'll only know for sure how good he his when he has to play without Virgil for a length of time or does move away. Seems like therell be no loan now but possibly a move in the summer. Hard to blame him when hes v much 4th choice now...

trileacman

Quote from: Hound on January 26, 2022, 10:41:18 AM
I doubt there's a single poster on this thread who gives a single hoot that Gomez is English!

The fact he's English means he garners a lot of attention in the press and media which leads to him being discussed more than he would be if he was Johnny Foreigner.

Hound

Quote from: trileacman on January 26, 2022, 11:16:35 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 26, 2022, 10:41:18 AM

The fact he's English means he garners a lot of attention in the press and media which leads to him being discussed more than he would be if he was Johnny Foreigner.
Press coverage hardly drives discussion on this thread. He's a squad player who is on the bench for most games, so if he's leaving Liverpool fans are going to have a view, and Gomez is someone who people have differing views on, which drives debate a bit more.

If there was a strong rumour that Villa (or anyone else) were making a bid for Tsimikas, there would be equal debate on this thread - nobody cares whether he's Greek, English or Martian.

Armamike

Couldn't care less whether he's English or not.  In his early days he was prone to getting caught out a bit but he was only a kid, learning the game.  In that run of games he got a couple of seasons ago he was very impressive i thought. At that stage nobody was calling for him to be dropped and Matip brought in.  Joel came in and did a great job but there were no complaints with Joe.  We must be in a pretty strong position with CBs now if the club does let him go.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Dire Ear

Glad to see him gone,  couldn't tackle, read the game, turn quickly;  Nat Phillips much better

trileacman

He's really not a good centre half and that'll be pretty clear once he moves to a lower league team.

gawa316

Jeez poor oul Joe is getting an awful sleggin'.

Have I missed something...he has not been sold right?

No way I would sell him...one half of our central pairing in our title winning team, conceding 33 goals. Yes he was with VVD but I'm sorry you don't win titles with a spoofer playing the majority of the season. Since that he got injured and hasn't really played, partly due to Matip having a wonderful season and Konate coming in. I don't think any other club has as good a 4th choice CB as we do. Also a decent option at RB, especially as TAA is are only recognized senior player in that position. Also he is only 24, so in terms of a CB, has a good few years in him yet to develop and mature.