The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

I'll be interested to hear WHY it was given.

Either way, lucky break for Liverpool. They were creaking.

Lack of bench options almost cost them today.

laoislad

Made the last few minutes a bit more comfortable maybe but Liverpool were still leading, not like it was the winning goal.
Would like to know why it was given alright but it's not fault of Jota, purely down to the Ref and VAR.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on January 23, 2022, 03:50:38 PM
Sure they even themselves out over a season anyway don't they...

That's what I've heard.

From playing some of our best football in the first half, jeez the second was a hard watch

quit yo jibbajabba

Fatigue after thurs night. 3 points the main thing going intothe break.

The peno decision makes the one ederson got off with couple weeks back even more strange. 2 wrongs dont make a right though...

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: J70 on January 23, 2022, 03:54:32 PM
I'll be interested to hear WHY it was given.

Either way, lucky break for Liverpool. They were creaking.

Lack of bench options almost cost them today.
They thought Jota had potential to score after knocking it past the keeper. Usually any one where a goalkeeper takes the striker out it will be given.

Capt Pat

I didn't think i was a peno myself. I thought Jota ran into the keeper but it didn't decide the game. Palace needed to be more clinical.

gawa316

I can't make my mind up on the penalty...most Liverpool fans saying it wasn't, Liverpool journalists saying it wasn't but the you have whoever was on the VAR team and the ref saying it was...either way it wasn't the winning goal so shouldn't be massive controversy around it

J70

Quote from: gawa316 on January 23, 2022, 05:29:08 PM
I can't make my mind up on the penalty...most Liverpool fans saying it wasn't, Liverpool journalists saying it wasn't but the you have whoever was on the VAR team and the ref saying it was...either way it wasn't the winning goal so shouldn't be massive controversy around it

Yeah, but Palace would likely have had Liverpool under siege for the last five minutes without it.

It ended the contest.

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on January 23, 2022, 06:04:29 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on January 23, 2022, 05:29:08 PM

Yeah, but Palace would likely have had Liverpool under siege for the last five minutes without it.

It ended the contest.

Undoubtedly palace were the better team in the second half but I thought maybe 80 onwards hadn't done much...also if there were pressing and committing players forward, it would be just as likely we got some break aways

Hound

Quote from: laoislad on January 23, 2022, 03:56:27 PM
Made the last few minutes a bit more comfortable maybe but Liverpool were still leading, not like it was the winning goal.
Would like to know why it was given alright but it's not fault of Jota, purely down to the Ref and VAR.
Absolutely.

I think Carra influenced the 'general public'. Especially saying Jota would definitely not have got the ball, but I think it's likely Jota would have got the ball had the keeper not careered into him. Keeper missed the ball and collided into Jota. Jota was happy to receive the collision and certainly did nothing to avoid it. Seen them given, seen them not given, but under VAR more are given than not.

Also Palace had pretty much run out of steam at that stage anyway. Gave us a scare, as they often do.

Great to see Virge power in a header.

gawa316

Quote from: Hound on January 23, 2022, 08:25:41 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 23, 2022, 03:56:27 PM
Absolutely.

I think Carra influenced the 'general public'. Especially saying Jota would definitely not have got the ball, but I think it's likely Jota would have got the ball had the keeper not careered into him. Keeper missed the ball and collided into Jota. Jota was happy to receive the collision and certainly did nothing to avoid it. Seen them given, seen them not given, but under VAR more are given than not.

Also Palace had pretty much run out of steam at that stage anyway. Gave us a scare, as they often do.

Great to see Virge power in a header.

Am I right in saying it doesn't matter if you can't get the ball? If say a CB hoofs a clearance that was going to go into row Z, but is cleaned out after the fact by an opposition player, it's a foul right? Haven't watched what Carra had to say yet but read a few now saying he is going out about Jota not being able to get to the ball

Hound

Keita on his way back today with Guinea losing 1-0 to Gambia. Keita missed today's game through suspension after picking up his second booking of the group stages in the 91st minute of the last group game.

RedHand88

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 25, 2022, 02:32:56 PM
Joe Gomez away to Villa.

Loan or sale?

Not sure a sale is a good move for Liverpool. Gomez is a class act when fit and motoring.

No sign of Nat Phillips going yet, so maybe they're going to hold onto him until the summer as cover.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 25, 2022, 02:32:56 PM
Joe Gomez away to Villa.

Strange? Thought he would have been good cover
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea