2015 Division 2 Hurling League

Started by All seeing I, March 04, 2015, 10:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All seeing I

Serious amount of work has gone into this so don't let me down with your replies.
Division 2 looks like it'll be entertaining this year - maybe better than division 1.
I'm not going to give you winners and losers. I'm going to give you my prediction for points n all.
Here goes (sigh)

1. Ballygalget                   - 35 points
2. Cloughmills                  - 26 points
3. Sarsfields                    - 26 points
4. Carey                          - 25 points
5. Creggan                      - 22 points
6. Armoy                       - 13 points
7. Gort na M                   - 11 points
8. Glenariffe                  - 10 points
9. Cushendun                - 9 points
10. St Pauls                      - 5 points

f**k i have too much free time!!
Would Paddy Power give you a price on this one??

btdtgtt

Division 2 has been more "entertaining" than Division 1 for a while now!

What is lacks in standard - is much closer and more competitve across the division anyway.

I agree Ballygalget to win with a bit to spare, and hopefully Sarsfields above Cloughmills.
But this will all come down to consistency and player availability which might favour the Biddies.

St Pauls to finish above Cushendun - and Glenarrife will get enough home points to be better off than your table I think.

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 04, 2015, 12:17:10 PM
Division 2 has been more "entertaining" than Division 1 for a while now!

What is lacks in standard - is much closer and more competitve across the division anyway.

I agree Ballygalget to win with a bit to spare, and hopefully Sarsfields above Cloughmills.
But this will all come down to consistency and player availability which might favour the Biddies.

St Pauls to finish above Cushendun - and Glenarrife will get enough home points to be better off than your table I think.

Could be a problem for us in particular around the Christy Ring period.

But I'm sure the new county management will show their flexibility as usual!   8)

Na Glinntí Glasa

i thought that creggan would have pushed on alot more since winning the all ireland Junior final. I know they came up short last year v carey but def thought they would have pushed on a bit more.

ASI i think what you have there is probably how it will pan out this year. well done, serious work put into that
hurl like f**k boi!

WTF u on about?

Three teams relegated this year too will leave it extra competitive with nobody wanting to get dragged into a relegation battle every game counts

johnneycool

Quote from: WTF u on about? on March 04, 2015, 02:00:42 PM
Three teams relegated this year too will leave it extra competitive with nobody wanting to get dragged into a relegation battle every game counts

Three teams dropping out of Div2 as well?

WTF u on about?

Quote from: johnneycool on March 04, 2015, 03:42:23 PM

I think so. Only one going up to sort out the numbers again afaik.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 04, 2015, 01:36:47 PM
i thought that creggan would have pushed on alot more since winning the all ireland Junior final. I know they came up short last year v carey but def thought they would have pushed on a bit more.

ASI i think what you have there is probably how it will pan out this year. well done, serious work put into that

Creggan are a very decent team, I expect them to push on from last year....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

antrimgeal1989

Ballygalget at a canter. Then I fancy sarsfields to go straight back up. I can see gnm and Armoy struggling this year. Is dallas back to Ballycastle?  Cloughmills poached a few dunloy men too from the sounds of things, can only make them stronger

Bonamargy

They are relegating 5 from division two to make it an eight team league. 3 down from div 1 and only one going up, plus one up from div 3, leaves 13 in div 2 before relegation. Hence 5 down to make 8 in division 2 in 2016.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Bonamargy on March 05, 2015, 01:01:43 PM

They are relegating 5 from division two to make it an eight team league. 3 down from div 1 and only one going up, plus one up from div 3, leaves 13 in div 2 before relegation. Hence 5 down to make 8 in division 2 in 2016.

The endless tinkering really is funny at this stage - we must have got through so many systems we've got back to the start a few times!

WTF u on about?

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 05, 2015, 01:52:36 PM

The endless tinkering really is funny at this stage - we must have got through so many systems we've got back to the start a few times!

Yeah and it's always the div2/3/4 teams that get shafted every time. A team works hard to get promoted and then the next year half the div is relegated.

btdtgtt

Quote from: WTF u on about? on March 05, 2015, 02:57:07 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on March 05, 2015, 01:52:36 PM

Yeah and it's always the div2/3/4 teams that get shafted every time. A team works hard to get promoted and then the next year half the div is relegated.

Fully agree - anyone would think the entire league system is changed at will by a few top clubs? Ssssssssh............

cfclg

Is this fact or fiction?

Hard to believe they would relegate half of one division! That would a new very radical move, even for Antrim!!

Bonamargy

Quote from: cfclg on March 05, 2015, 03:22:06 PM

Is this fact or fiction?

Hard to believe they would relegate half of one division! That would a new very radical move, even for Antrim!!

If I remember correctly, the motion put forward at county convention by CCC was: at the end of 2015 season all of the Antrim Hurling leagues would revert to 8 team leagues. It was voted for by the clubs and approved at convention in December. We discussed it on here at the time